Old 04-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 339/332/190

Height: 5'11''

Default Sharing my inspiration - What inspired you to change?

Atkins has worked for me in the past, but because
I treated it as a diet and not a lifestyle change I am now at my highest weight ever. Although I am obese, I don't really feel like it has held me back until recently. Looking in the mirror I saw the fat and knew
I was overweight, but didn't really FEEL unhealthy or like my weight limited me. Does that make sense?

I recently received an eye-opening experience when the doctor told me that my husband and I should wait to try to conceive because I was too heavy to have a healthy/successful pregnancy. I was heartbroken! How had I let myself get to this place? How had I become this person? The bad news inspired me to dedicate myself to the low-carb lifestyle and I really appreciate all the inspiration and support you have here. I hope to become another success story!

What inspired everyone here to change their life?
DoonBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #2  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I just wanted to say that I used Atkins to lose weight for my wedding and before getting pregnant, I was successful on it and we concieved in 3 months

Unfortunately I went carb crazy while pregnant due to not having any money and Mr. Noodle being all we could afford. I ended up gaining 60 lbs ontop of 20 I gained back while TTC. I'm back on Atkins and doing great

This time for me it's the fact that nothing fits, even my old fat clothes that fit when I was heavier don't fit. Pregnancy spread out my hips and changed my body so I need to get the weight down and work harder to look good now. I don't want to shop in the plus sized section, I want to feel good in my body.

Best of luck!
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote