Old 04-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

Default Did you plan to or have you documented your weight loss journey?

Over the past week I've been so inspired by many of you!

I've decided to document my own weight loss in pictures. For those who've done this or plan to, how often do you/will you take a photo? Every 20lbs? On certain dates? What do you typically wear?

Where do you like to keep track of these? On a blog? Perhaps here on the threads?
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175.6/Ticker/143

Height: 5'4''

I regret not taking more pictures when I started this whole thing. I really wish I had some pictures of my back and face.
I do take pictures of my front tho. Neck to thighs. Have been taken them every other week since I started losing weight. Its too often, I guess. I think once a month would've been fine too. But atleast I have that.
Eurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #3  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

I used to take them at the beginning of each month. It was an easy way to keep track of when to take them.

Last edited by beautifulone; 04-12-2012 at 03:30 PM.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #4  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

i did pictures at first, but i haven't since i moved in august. i need to get back on that. i moved from pictures to measurements. i do measurements weekly, and weigh ins monthly, and i'm going to start taking pictures on weigh in days so i can have dates/weights/measures for each one. the pictures are a great way to see the changes that the scale doesn't necessarily reflect.

3fc has a blog section, which is nice and you can link it in your info that displays on the left side of the forum under your name and such. i have a blogger blog that i've been using recently since i changed from a low cal plan to a 'eat more' type plan. it's been interesting so far. keeping track of things is a great way to see progress!
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #5  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I document extensively on my blog (linkin my signature) and did plan it out. At first I took pictures every ten pounds down (257, 247, skipped 237 and went to 227, etc) and measurements every time I took pictures, in addition to blogging semi-regularly (sometimes daily, sometimes weekly) about my progress, feelings, and changes.

When I hit Onederland I reset my pictures to be at every new weight decade (199, 189, etc) because it was easier to remember than every 7. I still do my measurements each time, too. When I am maintaining I make other markers, like strength progressions or time spent exercising, to pass time and keep me focused. I also planned out goal presents for each ten pounds gone and that has been lovely.

I'm a documenter and planner, what can I say?
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #6  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I documented every 20 pounds with photos. Now I'll do every 10 for the last 20 because it would take WAY too long between photos and because I think the difference will be bigger. We'll see. I keep the head shots along the side of my blog for all to see the progression.

Once a month I take new measurements on the first of the month. And starting the first of this year, I have taken a photo of me in my sports bra and a pair of shorts to see my body/mid section getting smaller. I do that ever two months (but don't post them).

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 04-13-2012 at 07:41 AM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #7  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I took front and side pictures, in sports bra and shorts, at 290, 270, and 250. Then I regained 15 pounds and am fighting it off again. I plan to take pictures at 250 again (because this time it's coming off differently), then every 20 pounds until 190, then every 10.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:40 PM   #8  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

When I hit 200 I started taking photo pics with a side view for every 10 pounds in shorts and a bra...almost at 180 and then i'll take another one...before that I just have alot of pictures of me at different sizes thanks to facebook xD
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:39 AM   #9  
Gizmo

I too took a picture of front and side in shorts and a sports bra, and plan on taking one at the beginning of each month to compare, but I don't share these. I did take other pics as well (close-up on face for example) and once I get to 200 pounds and then every 50-pound loss after that, I will take more and those I may post. Seeing everyone's progress pics is very uplifting and motivational.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #10  
I CAN DO IT

S/C/G: 300/ see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahFairhope View Post
Over the past week I've been so inspired by many of you!

I've decided to document my own weight loss in pictures. For those who've done this or plan to, how often do you/will you take a photo? Every 20lbs? On certain dates? What do you typically wear?

Where do you like to keep track of these? On a blog? Perhaps here on the threads?
I take pics of every 25 pounds lost and I post on my FB it keeps me going because I cant wait to post the next pic and show off my weight loss.
Ky30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #11  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

I got my fiancé to take pictures of my front, side and back after I'd lost about 3 lbs as my "before" pictures. I definitely want to take pictures all along because I love weight loss pictures and it's a good way to see the progress for yourself, when you might not notice it otherwise. I've always been a big picture taker while losing weight, which is why I have pictures of my low weight (170), and they're very helpful now that I'm losing weight again (a lot more of it) and 170 is only twenty lbs up from my current goal weight so it's great to have an idea of the "end result" though I expect to look different because last time I lost weight mostly through not eating EVER. So my stomach was tiny and caved in but my arms and thighs stayed pretty flabby and big (see avatar). This time I plan to lose slowly and exercise instead of crash diet, of course, but it's nice to have a picture of me with a tiny waist to look at, it's more inspiring even than the goal photos on here or looking at pictures of impossibly skinny celebrities. Idk what milestones I'll take pictures at. Definitely the goals listed in my signature. I've broken my weight loss down into four phases of losing 25 lbs. overall, it's 109 but relatively skinny people lose 25 lbs all the time and it should be easier for me because the first two sets of 25 should come off relatively easily. Then I'll be back to my weight from two years ago. Hooray.
I will probably take pictures every ten lbs, though I feel silly asking my fiancé to take full body pictures of me every ten lb when I'm sure he won't be noticing a difference. But still. That means i have four lbs to go before I can take my first progress pic! Excited.

Last edited by munchievictim; 04-13-2012 at 04:26 PM. Reason: To fix typos- I'm an english major! OCD about rdi
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #12  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I have a blog and I also keep up on the decade threads here too. Oh, and I normally post progress pictures when I hit a mini goal. Oh, and ever 10lbs I take my measurements and post them (I so wish i had been doing this since the beginning!)

So here are some of the examples:

185lbs This one has pictures of me up to 225bls.
175lbs
165lbsl
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #13  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I kept a video diary, where I check in the 1st of every month and went over what I'd lost the previous month, and then stand up and turn side ways, back side etc., there's nothing like seeing yourself MOVING to go "holy CRAP i'm enormous" wow!!

Then it's super fun to take a few frames from each one and see 160lbs. loss in about 3 minutes!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #14  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
I kept a video diary, where I check in the 1st of every month and went over what I'd lost the previous month, and then stand up and turn side ways, back side etc., there's nothing like seeing yourself MOVING to go "holy CRAP i'm enormous" wow!!

Then it's super fun to take a few frames from each one and see 160lbs. loss in about 3 minutes!
That's pretty cool - pictures really do speak a million words.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #15  
Kami

S/C/G: 318/287/160

Height: 5'3

Yes!
I dont keep a blog, but I am keeping all my pics on my computer.
I have decided to do a face shot every week, and full body shots every month. I do front facing, side facing, and 1 of my backside.
Many people cannot see the progress they have made just by looking in the mirror. That is why pictures are so usefull. You really can see how far you have come. I love looking at the differences!
MamaBravo is offline   Reply With Quote