General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Default My doctor made my day!

On Monday of this week I had my yearly exam and it was the first time that I had seen my doctor since I have lost most of my weight. It was such a good appointment for once, she was so happy and proud of me.
My sister goes to the same doctor that I do and she had an appointment with her this morning. My sister just called to share with me that Pat (the doctor) was telling her about one of her patients who has lost over 60lbs and has started exercising. She said that she looks and feels great and she could just see how happy her patient was. My sister looked at the doctor and said "Pat, that is my sister". Lol, the doctor said oh yeah, I forgot, she looks great. Totally made my day that my doctor is sharing my success with other patients. Who says Friday the 13th is cursed.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

That is so completely awesome! YOu have every reason to feel proud and I'm glad you got that important boost from your doctor. I'm sure doctors wish they had more success stories like that to tell! Way to celebrate!!!!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Thats so great! Funny that your doc didnt realize he(?) was gushing about you to your sister LOL
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

That's brilliant - well done you!

Can't wait to see my doc again - the last time I did I got told off about numerous things....now I'm 66lb lighter! No telling off for me this time I hope
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #5  
Just watch me ...

You must be floating on air
You've inspired me to stay focused.
Good Job !!!!!!!
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #6  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

That's wonderful! I smiled reading it well done, you've done amazing!
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #7  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliemar View Post
That's brilliant - well done you!

Can't wait to see my doc again - the last time I did I got told off about numerous things....now I'm 66lb lighter! No telling off for me this time I hope
Hmmm... that's right. I have a doctor's appt. next week (need to check when). I've seen him several times the last 16 months as we get my thyroid figured out, but when I went in January I had just gained over the holidays. He was still gushing over my progress, but It will be another 15-20 now in 4 months (despite it really only being 5 pounds from before the holidays). I'm getting curious as to when/what he'll say about end weight as I'm getting closer and closer to a normal BMI. (not that I think BMI is all that useful, but doctors like to throw those numbers around).
Old 04-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

That's great progress in 4 months, BBB!

I haven't seen mine in 2 years. Last time it was high blood pressure, high cholesterol, something else and a BMI of about 35.5. I'm going back about something else soon and will ask to get re-tested then. They have all your details on a screen in front of them and I remember my BMI flashing up in bold, red numbers along with my weight. I'll be making sure that's no longer the case!

Last edited by Elliemar; 04-13-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #9  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliemar View Post
That's great progress in 4 months, BBB!

I haven't seen mine in 2 years. Last time it was high blood pressure, high cholesterol, something else and a BMI of about 35.5. I'm going back about something else soon and will ask to get re-tested then. They have all your details on a screen in front of them and I remember my BMI flashing up in bold, red numbers along with my weight. I'll be making sure that's no longer the case!
Well, not really as I gained like 13 pounds in 17 days over the holidays (carb water weight for 9 pounds of it).

And yep... it's amazing what DOING something can do with all those numbers. All that stuff was bad for me 16 months ago. Now they're all perfect (or were in January - rechecking next week).

More doctors need to prescribe fitness and weight loss and less pills to solve medical issues!