Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Default Cant stop or wont?

I have posted here before. But now I am really truly going to try and lose weight.

First thing first.. I am a binge eater. I cant stop... or wont? I dont have the self control. But today as I was driving home from school I decided that today will be the first day of the rest of my life. (again)

I am so ashamed of myself when I binge eat. I hide it. I am ashamed every time I stop and get fast food because seriously it's so bad for you.

Ive tired this before and it didn't work out. But I honestly think that If I have someone (In a similar situation) as I am to talk to Maybe in email. talk about my day and so on I can try and stop.

Anyway I'll leave it at that and go from here...
imnotperfect24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #2  
too big to fail

You might find Overeaters Anonymous helpful. I know I did.
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Hi there,

I noticed that you used the word "try" twice in your post. Someone started another thread with the thought that "trying" is a losing proposition. Can you work on changing your mindset from "trying" to "doing"? Once you decide -- truly decide -- to do it, you'll be unstoppable.

And of course it's won't, not can't -- for you and for all of us. If your life depended on not binging anymore, you'd find it in yourself to stop, right?

Start with one day of moderation. After you've done it for a day, the next day becomes easier. After you start to see results, it becomes still easier. Go slow, with the intention of finding an eating regimen you can stick with for life.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:59 PM   #4  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancemomma View Post
Hi there,

I noticed that you used the word "try" twice in your post. Someone started another thread with the thought that "trying" is a losing proposition. Can you work on changing your mindset from "trying" to "doing"? Once you decide -- truly decide -- to do it, you'll be unstoppable.

And of course it's won't, not can't -- for you and for all of us. If your life depended on not binging anymore, you'd find it in yourself to stop, right?

Start with one day of moderation. After you've done it for a day, the next day becomes easier. After you start to see results, it becomes still easier. Go slow, with the intention of finding an eating regimen you can stick with for life.

F.
I believe this is the thread you are refering to http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...e-no-hope.html
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #5  

It's good that you've decided to take control over your life and realized your choices are no one's but your own to make.

You've already taken the first step, now it's up to you to keep going until you reach your goal. Just find something that motivates you, take a piece of paper and write down your reasons for wanting to lose weight, what you're most looking forward for when you're thinner and what you dislike about your current weight. It's not an easy journey, but I can tell you that the satisfactions of buying clothes a few sizes smaller and feeling good in your own skin exceed all the costs.

Last edited by Natasha22; 04-12-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #6  

@Demosthenes Thanks I'll check it out. Like I said I've been here for awhile but never really 'made my mind up' to do this for myself. Now I have I want to look things up and see what will help and what wont.

@freelancemomma I have worked to change my mindset from 'diet' to 'life change' and that has helped me a lot. If changing it from 'trying' to 'doing' helps then I will work on changing that particular mindset too.

@Natasha I'm doing the blog thing... writing is not my forte(as in grammar and that kind of thing) but I know the written language is stronger then the spoken one for me. If that makes sense.. lol The biggest thing I cant wait for is being able to walk without losing my breath.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/210/145

Height: 5'7"

I haven't done much research about overeating - I'm a binge and emotional eater myself - but I almost feel that it's an addiction. Most people say they love food. 'Love' doesn't adequately describe it. I'm OBSESSED with food. I almost feel that I need to treat my relationship with food like an alcoholic or drug addict treats their addictions: Get support - like this forum - and just don't plain touch the junk, simply because I don't HAVE the self-control. Thoughts?
italicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by italicat View Post
I haven't done much research about overeating - I'm a binge and emotional eater myself - but I almost feel that it's an addiction. Most people say they love food. 'Love' doesn't adequately describe it. I'm OBSESSED with food. I almost feel that I need to treat my relationship with food like an alcoholic or drug addict treats their addictions: Get support - like this forum - and just don't plain touch the junk, simply because I don't HAVE the self-control. Thoughts?
It's seriously like you took that right out of my brain. I have been saying all along (Mostly to myself and now on here) that food to me is a addiction. To me an even worse addiction because a person can NOT survive without food, where they can without drugs or alcohol. I also have no self-control when it comes to food.

I've never told this to anyone. But it's like food is always on my mind. Like I cant stop thinking about it. I worry that there will not be enough for me when i know for sure that there is plenty there. I dont know where this thinking came from but I really wish it would go away.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

I would not generalize that much. We are not addicted to ANY food, but to some food. We have to identify what kind of food is bad for us and not touch it any more. I have not met anyone who would be thinking about raw carrots all day, but I can understand and identify with somebody who craves sweets or fries... What helped me get out of the obsession thing was to go low carbs for some time, which made it possible for me to get in control. Have you tried that?
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:12 AM   #10  

@inglesita64 I'm pretty much addicted to any food. If the only thing in the fridge were raw carrots (which I happen to really like) then I would probably binge on them (which would be a lot healthier) I just think that sweets and other stuff taste better that's why we focus more on those then carrots and other veggies.

Last edited by imnotperfect24; 04-13-2012 at 01:12 AM.