Old 04-10-2012, 11:12 PM   #1  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

Default New Photo - Taken Tonight

x

Last edited by SmallSteps; 04-11-2012 at 12:15 AM.
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Very nice and your eyes are the exact same color blue as your shirt... Was it processed that way? Since I can see some processing has been done. Some softening and brightening of the color.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #3  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

You look great! And absolutely your face is looking slimmer, making your pretty eyes stand out that much more
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

You look great! I just got done changing my avatar photo when I saw your thread. New pictures are so fun.
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:32 PM   #5  
Tired Of Just Surviving

Thank you for your kind words Artic and Madame

Last edited by SmallSteps; 04-11-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:04 AM   #6  
Tired Of Just Surviving

I just want to say that it is really hard for a lot of overweight people to love themselves and even harder sometimes for people to post a photo of themselves when they feel they are less than perfect, or in the process of trying to turn someone they hate in the mirror into someone they can embrace and love.

I do not want to start a debate and I in no way think that berryblondeboys was trying to hurt my feeling but she did. So I have removed my photo because obviously I am not ready to have other people looking at and judging me.

Thanks to all the wonderful people I have met on this amazing site who continue to support and motivate me each and every day.

Last edited by SmallSteps; 04-11-2012 at 12:31 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:27 AM   #7  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5´4.5

I am disappointed that you removed the photo. I think you should have no other feeling than being completely proud of accomplishments thus far. NO ONE is here to judge you girl, we are ALL here for the same reasons. To have the support we need while on this journey.

My vote is you thicken your skin a little, and let us all see the drastic changes you have made. You should be so proud. Without seeing you, I can still say ¨Great job, you are beautiful¨ Keep up the hard work!

Last edited by lovemydoggiesx2; 04-11-2012 at 05:27 AM.
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #8  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallSteps View Post
I just want to say that it is really hard for a lot of overweight people to love themselves and even harder sometimes for people to post a photo of themselves when they feel they are less than perfect, or in the process of trying to turn someone they hate in the mirror into someone they can embrace and love.

I do not want to start a debate and I in no way think that berryblondeboys was trying to hurt my feeling but she did. So I have removed my photo because obviously I am not ready to have other people looking at and judging me.

Thanks to all the wonderful people I have met on this amazing site who continue to support and motivate me each and every day.
Oh good grief - I, in no way, was trying to be critical! People process photos all the time! I wish I knew how! One of my best friends is a professional children's photographer. She takes photos of the most beautiful children and she STILL softens and smooths and boosts colors - why? Because the camera is too harsh - with a flash it creates unnatural tones/shadows - processing makes it look more like we see others - not how the camera sees us.

I look like an old hag in most photos (especially those taken inside) because of no processing and that's NOT how I look to myself (or how my husband sees me) in real life.

I was merely asking - is that the color of your eyes? The same as your shirt? And if so - Wow! And if not, cool effect!
Old 04-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #9  
In training to be awesome

S/C/G: 270 / 188.4 / 170

Height: 5'11"

OP, I hope you'll consider reposting your photo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Oh good grief - I, in no way, was trying to be critical! People process photos all the time! I wish I knew how! One of my best friends is a professional children's photographer. She takes photos of the most beautiful children and she STILL softens and smooths and boosts colors - why? Because the camera is too harsh - with a flash it creates unnatural tones/shadows - processing makes it look more like we see others - not how the camera sees us.

I look like an old hag in most photos (especially those taken inside) because of no processing and that's NOT how I look to myself (or how my husband sees me) in real life.

I was merely asking - is that the color of your eyes? The same as your shirt? And if so - Wow! And if not, cool effect!
This is sort of an OT hijack, and I in no way mean any disrespect to your friend, but the part I bolded above is just wrong. A true professional photographer should be able to manipulate the light in a way that does look natural, whether or not artificial lighting is used. Harsh lighting typically comes from using the flash that's onboard the camera, which (in most cases) a professional should not be doing.
Blueberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #10  
Tired Of Just Surviving

I am in no way angry with blondeberryboys, she has been a great friend and inspiration to me on the message board and on her blog. She did nothing wrong. If anythink I am angry with myself for being so insecure.

I was actually going to ask a moderator or administrator to remove this post but I actually have changed my mind. I want to discuss further what was posted, what it really meant, and what my insecurities processed, so I may possible overcome my feelings of being inadequate.

berryblondeboys posted:
Quote:
Very nice and your eyes are the exact same color blue as your shirt... Was it processed that way? Since I can see some processing has been done. Some softening and brightening of the color.
berryblondeboys meant:
Quote:
Now in my damaged mind I processed "Nice faked photoshop picture, now what do you really look like because there is no way your eyes are that blue and what else did you fix" How did I turn Melissa's nice statement into that? Easy because most of my adult life I have been told how fat, ugly, and inadequate I was. Add to that the fact that my weight blew up to 300 pounds, and I no longer know much less love the person I see in the mirror.

But I am working on it with the support of my wonderful DH (our four year anniversary is in May) who loves me unconditionally no matter what I look like or what I weigh. He has helped and supported me every step of the way on losing this weight. He is my biggest supporter and cheerleader. When I can learn to love myself the way he loves me I will know I have finally accomplished my ultimate goal.

Now that I have explained my reaction I know that I am not the only person out there that feels this way when someone says something completely innocent and your brain goes haywire and turns it into something mean and nasty. As for the comment to "thicken my skin" I am fighting that battle each and every day.

Last edited by SmallSteps; 04-11-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #11  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberries View Post
OP, I hope you'll consider reposting your photo!

This is sort of an OT hijack, and I in no way mean any disrespect to your friend, but the part I bolded above is just wrong. A true professional photographer should be able to manipulate the light in a way that does look natural, whether or not artificial lighting is used. Harsh lighting typically comes from using the flash that's onboard the camera, which (in most cases) a professional should not be doing.
But you cannot always manipulate the light. I should specify. She's not working in a studio with lighting. She does shots at the beach, outdoors, in parks - kids in natural play, not photo sessions in a studio.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 04-11-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #12  
Melissa

Quote:
I am in no way angry with blondeberryboys, she has been a great friend and inspiration to me on the message board and on her blog. She did nothing wrong. If anythink I am angry with myself for being so insecure.

I was actually going to ask a moderator or administrator to remove this post but I actually have changed my mind. I want to discuss further what was posted, what it really meant, and what my insecurities processed, so I may possible overcome my feelings of being inadequate.

berryblondeboys posted:

berryblondeboys meant:

Now in mind I processed "Nice faked photoshop picture, now what do you really look like because there is no way your eyes are that blue and what else did you fix" How did I turn Melissa nice statement into that? Easy because most of my adult life I have been told how fat, ugly, and inadequate I was. Add to that the fact that my weight blew up to 300 pounds, and I no longer know much less love the person I see in the mirror.

But I am working on it with the support of my wonderful DH (our four year anniversary is in May) who loves me unconditionally no matter what I look like or what I weigh. He has helped and supported me every step of the way on losing this weight. He is my biggest supporter and cheerleader. When I can learn to love myself the way he loves me I will know I have finally accomplished my ultimate goal.

Now that I have explained my reaction I know that I am not the only person out there that feels this way when someone says something completely innocent and your brain goes haywire and turns it into something mean and nasty. As for the comment to "thicken my skin" I am fighting that battle each and every day.

Well, I'm glad you can see 'past' what might have come across as a criticism. It totally wasn't and you know what? it shows progress with YOURSELF too that you can step back and see that it wasn't meant as a criticism when you force yourself to.

It was a beautiful photo of yourself - with or without processing. you ARE A beautiful woman!
Old 04-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #13  

Height: 5'4"

I know this is not the original point of this thread, but I just wanted to add that I personally get so tired of people telling me to "thicken my skin" whenever I am hurt, etc., over something someone said/did. It's basically telling someone to change/ignore/stop having their feelings or reactions to a situation. Whether or not that person benefits from the feeling/emotion/reaction is irrelevant. We all have sensitive moments or issues that are sensitive for us. Having emotions is part of being human.
SensualSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #14  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

Oh my, Smallsteps, you are singing my song! In the past (and a little now still), I just couldn't stand when people say, "OMG, you've lost weight, you look fantastic!!"

What do I hear? "Oh, so glad you are FINALLY doing something about that. You've looked like a fat slob for years. I better let you know that you look better now so you keep it up. Your worth to me is totally tied into your ability to control what you eat. Sure hope she you don't blow back up again, yuck!"

Its ridiculous. I know its ridiculous, but its something I struggle with, too. I really do know that that isn't true. I'm really impressed with your ability to recognize that its your own negative thought pattern and sharing that.
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #15  
In training to be awesome

S/C/G: 270 / 188.4 / 170

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
But you cannot always manipulate the light. I should specify. She's not working in a studio with lighting. She does shots at the beach, outdoors, in parks - kids in natural play, not photo sessions in a studio.
Photography is all about manipulating the light, even outdoors or in changing conditions. Part of the deal is that you don't shoot a subject in bad/harsh light. I don't shoot in a studio, either, and I never end up with shots that have to be heavily processed in order to make the light look natural.

Again, sorry for taking the OT hijack. I am just really sensitive to the fact that there are a lot of people who think fancy camera = instant professional photographer and don't bother to learn anything about lighting, composition, color, etc. Processing does not make a bad photo better. I don't mean to imply that your friend is one of those people, but the industry has been overrun with them lately, and it grates on a lot of nerves. I just wanted to make sure that people reading this thread don't think it's okay to pay for pictures with bad lighting.

Quote:

berryblondeboys posted:

berryblondeboys meant:

Now in mind I processed "Nice faked photoshop picture, now what do you really look like because there is no way your eyes are that blue and what else did you fix" How did I turn Melissa nice statement into that? Easy because most of my adult life I have been told how fat, ugly, and inadequate I was. Add to that the fact that my weight blew up to 300 pounds, and I no longer know much less love the person I see in the mirror.

OP, I'm glad you're getting to the bottom of your feelings. I meant what I said above and do sincerely hope that you'll reconsider reposting your photo!
Blueberries is offline   Reply With Quote