South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 08:58 AM   #1  

Default I need help

Good Morning,
Can somebody help me. I would like a little info about South Beach Diet. I'm trying so hard to stay on the Adkins plan, but I'm not losing a thing. I don't eat enough , so my friend says. She's lost 70 pounds. I get so tired of meat and cheese and I'm not hungry, so I don't eat. Now if it was carbs, I would graze all day long. I'm 100 + pounds overweight and not a young chick. I'm so tempting fate. Can somebody please help me?
Thank you, Chris
Old 08-12-2003, 09:31 AM   #2  
Imagine...

go to www.prevention.com and look up SBD they have alot of info on the program.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:37 AM   #3  

I tried the Atkins plan a few years ago and I did lose a few
pounds but got discouraged real fast because the diet is tooooo
restrictive. On SBD, you get sugar free jello to help with the
sweet craving as well as other sf, fat free snacks. You also get
to eat fruit after you are done with phase 1. This is a low fat,
low carb way of eating not carb free. Even though most carbs
do turn into sugar, like bread, potatoes, regular pasts, etc...
this way gives you more options. You get to eat the GOOD carbs
and eliminate the bad. I have been on phase 1 for 3 weeks and
lost 9 pounds. I just started phase 2 and find that if I eat all the
carbs allowed, I am tired and cranky, so I cut back on them. Hope this helps. Read the book. It will answer some of your
questions.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:50 AM   #4  
Mous

You can buy the book at www.buy.com for $12.72

GOOD LUCK

Lady
Old 08-12-2003, 03:47 PM   #5  

Hi Chris! I can attest to your questions!
I hope you'll give SBD a real try! It works if you work it! I had given up, gave away all my smaller clothes, because I was resigned to being fat! I was sick of trying! I had about 100 lbs. to lose, was in need of a hip replacement and 2 knees. I had a hip replaced 2 years ago and in order to go anywhere I had to use a Jazzy ( elect. cart ). I honestly don't know where I saw info on SBD first but some angel hovering nearby must have been listening! I'm 63 years old. I started May 12 along with my DH. As of this past Mon. I've shed -33 lbs. DH -28. My cholest. has gone from 237 to 187 and I'm down 2 sizes! Last week I WALKED into the drug store looking for a card for a friend leaving my husband open mouthed in the car. He had the biggest smile on his face when I returned! I hadn't gone in a store without my cart in years! I feel wonderful, have NO cravings, ( I do remember how wonderful some things tasted but I don't want them )! My birthday was last week and from the start of SBD I promiced myself a "food Treat" come that day. Well-guess what?? I went to The Outback, had steak, salad and steamed veggies--That was my gift to me! I know this is long but I felt something in your post and I just had to share how good things could be for you!
Please join us in this new way of living! If you want it to work it will!
I stay on program - don't try and make somethig taste like Choc. GooGoo Pie- I can't take a chance of tweaking my cravings--but it'sd OK for those who do. Slips happen and I just suggest getting right back on track! Please keep
posting and I'll help you all I can!
Best of luck to you!
Old 08-12-2003, 06:00 PM   #6  

Like sflake said, go to prevention.com and it will give you the basics on SBD ... you won't be hungry at all and once you get over the first 4 or 5 days without unhealthy carbs you'll begin to feel so much better!!!

I agree with candlelady ... just started Phase II last week and it seems that if I eat all the allowed new carbs I'm cranky and hungry ... I've cut back to one/two a day ...
Old 08-12-2003, 09:52 PM   #7  

Chris, You can also go to the SBD web sight and take a tour of the program. I will not pay to join but I did sign up for their newsletter and daily tips which are helpfull. Good Luck.......Julie
Closed Thread