Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:12 AM   #1  

Default Nutrisystem Success Program?

Good Morning! This is my first time posting. I just ordered Nutrisystem. I have about 20lbs to lose. I don't see any super recent threads on Nutrisystem and I was wondering what your thoughts are on the new "Success" program. I did the old "Advantage" program about 2 years ago and lost 10lbs, which at the time, was all I needed to lose. I've since gained it back plus, so I'm back again. I like the portion control and the convenience. I just hope I don't tire of the food quickly.

With the new plan, I'm trying to figure out how the protein shakes fit in (How do they taste? Will the extra calories slow down weight loss?) and trying to wrap my brain around the new lingo. I wish they would have stuck to "protein, carb, and fats" it was a lot easier to remember.

Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
cutekitty9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #2  

Hello CuteKitty9! I was excited to see a Nutrisystem post. There is not much activity for it on the boards.

I did Nutrisystem for a couple of months, but got sick of the food. I do recommend the plan to others, though, because the portion control element was so beneficial and it absolutely got me on track. I still think about going back on it, but might wait until they add some different food choices.

The shakes aren't bad. They have a good flavor. I had to tweak the amount of water I added, because for me the consistency was too thick and I didn't like that. They didn't slow down weight loss for me because they replace the Dairy/Protein serving that was on the old plan, so you aren't getting additional calories.

The new lingo is confusing, I agree. I also don't like that you get less fruit now than with the old plan. To me, even though fruit is a carb, its benefits outweigh the extra carbs. I printed off the grocery list so that I could refer to it as needed. They also have a list in the food diary that will come with your shipment to show you what category to eat. I also logged my food on their website.

One thing I loved was that I could tweak my auto-shipment whenever I wanted. When I ate something I didn't like, I'd immediatly log in and remove it from my order and add something else. I would constantly update my order throughout the month so that I had the best chance of liking what I got on my next shipment. If you go with the frozen food option, there are even more food choices and some of them look quite tasty. For me, that was too expensive, so I stuck with the basic plan.

Good luck!
Sunflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #3  

Thanks! I'm glad you had a positive experience with it. I am also doing the basic plan. I thought the lack of fruit was strange too. I think they are focusing more on low carb, but most of their packaged food is still carb based, even on their diabetic program. It sounds like a lot of protein, especially when you include the shake. I think I may sub some of the extra protein for a fruit, but I have to see how I feel.

I also love the auto ship feature, its great if you are going away on vacation or if you just need a break.

I don't have a shipment confirmation, so I don't know when I'll receive my order, but I better start clearing some cabinet space!
cutekitty9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:47 AM   #4  

I finally decided to give nutrisystem a try and my first order should be here thursday. I have been trying to stick with southbeach for years and here I sit with even more weight to lose. There is alot of activity on the nurtrisystem discussion boards
sluggo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 357/see ticker/235

Height: 5' 10"

I have a lot of Nutrisystem food from when I joined before but I cannot locate my sheet that tells you what to eat over the course of the day.
If any one wishes to share that information I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks.
Sally Pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #6  

Sally, if you have under 100 to lose you add in two PF and two SC and min 4 servings of veggies, if over 100 to lose then it would be 3. If you go to the nutrisystem site and get on the discussion boards you can find all the info you need
Old 04-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower75 View Post
The new lingo is confusing, I agree. I also don't like that you get less fruit now than with the old plan. To me, even though fruit is a carb, its benefits outweigh the extra carbs.
@Sunflower
I agree. I definitely must have my fruit (fresh fruit, not processed) every now and then as a snack at least, and cutting them down to small portions just can't work for me. I LOVE fruit... it's to a point that if I had to choose one fruit or a decent meal I'd probably take the fruit. Not saying that's a good or even partially wise decision, but just reiterating how much I love fruit. Okay, I got off topic... my apologies.

@Sally [pineapple made me think of that Kevin Hart comedy thing, lol]
For what you are looking for, go to nutrisytem's home site, log in, scroll all the way down to the very bottom, then click discussion boards in the footer.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #8  

Default Newbie

I've got my Nutrisystem meals sitting in front of me and I'm so excited to start tomorrow. I'd like to lose 40 pounds. I really need something to kick start me into a better, healthier life. At 25, I shouldn't feel so down about how I look!

Support is always helpful. I'm a little confused about all the "extras" Nutrisystem expects you to eat. Would love advice from people who have been on the program!

Misskelann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #9  

FYI, Costco is doing their 50% off sale with the nutrisystem gift cards, I bought 10 cards which is the limit, I paid 499.00 and its 1000.00 worth of GC
Old 04-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #10  

I wish we had that store where I'm from! BUMMER!
Old 04-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #11  

You can order online
Old 04-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #12  

I checked it out, thanks!
Old 04-14-2012, 12:42 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 360/270/175

Height: 5"6'

are they still selling the costco cards
missunderstood28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #14  

I'm not sure - check out QVC...the prices are pretty low!