Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 10:24 PM   #1  
Average White Girl

Default Introducing myself

Hello. This is the first time I'm posting:

I'm not sure I'm truly fitting in here, but that's never stopped me before. I am 25, and live in a small town in Wisconsin. I am about 5'7", and weigh 150. My highest was 220. I lost 70 lbs when I quit smoking and did the weight watchers at home thing, but I'm in a slump right now, hence why I was checking out stuff online.
I know I can lose weight, or keep from gaining more, but it can be frustrating.

I work as a certified optician, and I live with my fiance. We are planning to get married in May or whenever we get around to it. I'm planning very small. I even ommitted the wedding attendants part of it, because we have no need for it.

I am manic depressive and I take medication for it. For the most part, it works, other times I get too damn emotional and eat whatever isn't nailed down.
I'm also trying to get into the water drinking thing. I never, ever crave water.

I enjoy reading and being online. I read a lot of non fiction and philosophy, I have a computer graphics degree so I work on that as well. My interests are fairly broad. I enjoy small, intimate gatherings as opposed to crowds. I have Christian beliefs, but am still church shopping. I have guinea pigs that I am obsessed with. I can't imagine life with out my round little noise machines. Lovely, lovely things.

I'm generally happy, although I am annoyed by busy phones and rude people. And people who walk dogs with out a leash yet hold the leash in thier hand.
I'm opinionated but I hope I don't come across as a b*tch..
I don't watch t.v. much, I like mainly classic rock (60's, 70's), cheesey 80's music, some jazz, some new rock, like Queens of the Stone Age. I just don't like top 40- boy band- brittany spears type things.

It's impossible to represent all facets of a personality, especially one as complex as our own, but at least I've dusted off the surface.

alteaon
Old 08-11-2003, 10:41 PM   #2  

Welcome Alteaon this is a great place to get tons of support. The drinking water thing is simple the more you drink it the more you crave it. It usually takes about a week and then you will forget what is was like not to drink so much. I put lemon in mine and it helps not only the taste but aids you in not retaining it as well. Good luck on your wedding. I have been planning mine for 4 years now and the date keeps changing.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:46 AM   #3  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

WELCOME ALTEAON!!!!!!! This is a GREAT thread. MOST of us don't bite (usually) and everyone is very supportive!! Another fun water trick-put a bunch of fresh mint in a pitcher/jar/whatever and fill it with water. Let it sit a while and it has a wonderfully fresh minty flavor. (NO, NOT like toothpaste!!!)
Old 08-12-2003, 12:22 PM   #4  

Hi Alteon! Welcome! I am just like you about water so I find drinking Crystal Light is a good way to get some or all of my water in...I especially like the peach iced tea and pink lemonade flavours. And congrats on losing 70 lbs, which is awesome!

Lidian
Old 08-12-2003, 01:10 PM   #5  
Hot Stuff

Welcome, alteon! Sounds like you'll fit right in here.

Congratulations on the weight loss so far! You must be close to your goal. Congrats on the upcoming wedding, too!
Old 08-13-2003, 12:44 AM   #6  
a brave new me...

Angry Welcome...

I'm in Wisconsin too , in the Fox Cities area. I'm guessing you are up north with a town name like "Pelican Lake"?? Anyway, glad you found us!
Old 08-13-2003, 07:12 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Alteaon! You sound tres cool.
You quit smoking AND lost 70 pounds!? Holy petolies!! That's amazing!!
Old 08-13-2003, 07:33 AM   #8  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome Alteon and congratulations on your loss -
Old 08-13-2003, 08:13 AM   #9  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Welcome to the nuthouse
Closed Thread