Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #1  
Warrior Princess

Talking Get Movin! Part 2

Alright, ladies let's keep it going!

Let's do a mini bio/roll call..I think it would be nice if we got to know each other a little more. Optional of course.

My name is Gabrielle. I'm a 37yo divorced mom to one boy (9yrs) and I live in Chicago's NW suburbs. I'm in a relationship 4 years and I work as a Dental Assistant. I also take interest in photography.

I have dealt with yo-yo weight all my life. I floated between 135-155p but spent majority of my life with a little extra weight. My pregnancy in 2002 sealed the fluff. My highest weight was 174p for a few years after I had my son but I went through a period of extreme stress that caused me to lose 35p, gained about 10 back and have been stuck in the 150's for the last 5 years.

My goal is to look better in my 40's than I did in my 30's. I'm really trying.

Last edited by novangel; 04-06-2012 at 09:53 PM.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #2  
Warrior Princess

Lurkers are encouraged to join too!
Old 04-07-2012, 12:40 AM   #3  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Whoo! 500 posts already?

My aunt is staying the weekend so I'm not sure what exercise I'll get, but I'll work for something.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #4  
Just watch me ...

Morning all Looks like a gorgeous day again! Today's my 'off' day, but I may just do something.....

have a great day
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #5  
Warrior Princess

Thumbs up

153.2!! That's almost 152 in my book!
Old 04-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #6  

HAPPY SATURDAY!

My name is Chris. I am 43 years old as of January. I am single and spent most of my 30's with a medical illness not tracked to my family's dna and recovering from surgeries. In my 40's now it took me some time to realize that I am ok and can move on with my life. I still have residual feelings from my surgery like lack of abdominal strength. I used to have a fear of pushing myself too.

My highest weight was 220. From that I dropped drinking soda and immediately dropped 10 pounds. I seem to hover between 200 and 207 for a few years now. I am pressing on to make my 44th birthday in the best shape ever.
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 137/..ticker../99

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone!

My name is sherry. I'm a 29 yo mother of a girl and two boys, 8,6 and a 1 yo.
I'm happily married and a stay at home mom. As you might have guessed, I barely have enough time for my self and I'm using that to exercise. I've always been a little over weight, my highest weight is 141 lbs and lowest is 115 lbs.
I have a vacation coming up in 9 weeks and my goal is to lose around 15 lbs and have a better shape.
Good luck to everyone
Angelsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #8  
Warrior Princess

Welcome Sherry!
Old 04-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #9  

Novangel thank you!

Ok, so today I did 30 day shred and perfect legs glutes and abs. A total of 60 min workout. And let me just say, that I am dying but in a good way!
I hope I have enough time to workout this much tomorrow. I wanna e in shape as fast as I can.
Stay on the go!
Old 04-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #10  

Gabi...you have company with the shred!

I've not exercised today and probably will not. Today will be my rest day and I will use sunday to do my cardio. My sis and family are here. I took my sis to Whole Foods and we spent a pretty penny there. I found my so delicious coconut milk bars that I've been searching for ever since I saw the picture on the company's website. I LOVE ice cream and using coconut milk adds in healthy fat. I just had pizza and wings with my family and that was dinner. Tomorrow will be back on plan.

Have a great day everyone!
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #11  
Just watch me ...

Pizza and wings with family sounds wonderful Philly !

There is so much good stuff on Hulu, I can 'waste' as much time as I did with cable (thank goodness LOL). I didn't understand that Hulu+ gave access through TV; I thought it was needed for the things with a "+" because when I hit the first set of commercials, I thought I was getting 'excerpts'. (commercials...everywhere?) But I got through most of Shiva Rea's yoga dvd and just found a nice kickboxing one. I really like the variety. I think this is going to work out just fine..... I'll probably get the '+' at some point; want to get my TV connected to the internet by other than my laptop to give the laptop a rest - but for now regular Hulu on my laptop is getting the job done nicely.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend...
Old 04-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 242/150/140

Hello, can i introduce myself?

I am almost 50 years old. I started as a painfully skinny child, and put on weight with my first pregnancy, after putting on a little more with my second I started a diet and entered the wild and wacky world of diet/loss/regain. 20 years and another child later I found myself at 16 and a half stone with a game leg and depression.

My life changed on the day of the first quake, 4th September 2010. over the next 18 months we have experienced 10,000 quakes including the devastating February one. My life does not even begin to resemble life before. I am writing my story in the form of a blog, but it is taking a little time, I post a little of it once or twice a day, so bear with me.

5 weeks ago I began running, after the Christmas quakes changed everything again. I will tell the story of that in the blog too as it is too long to go into here.

Today, after 5 weeks of running I managed to walk/run/shuffle 5k for a first time trial and did it in 48.07.

Its so cool to meet other people who are exercising despite not being the perfect weight/size. i always said i would start running when I lost the weight. But I have started early!

Actually i love running, although week 3 I was sooooooo fit to quit!

Auto
autodidact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #13  
Just watch me ...

WELCOME Auto !

Ok, I not only missed the 10% mark I set for today but I'm over a couple of pounds because I've been eating too much restaurant food - salt and carbs - and stopped daily weigh-ins - which would have reinforced to me the fact that I'm taking in too much salt and carbs. UGH Perhaps today I learned that consistency is key ??? Ya Think?

So, fresh start day today. I know I'm going to do this...I have to keep my focus. I want this extra 20-or-so pounds off by the 4th of July. I'm sick of this already.

Have a great day and Happy Easter !

Last edited by Exhale15; 04-08-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #14  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Oh, I missed the introductions.

My name is Olivia, I'm 22, married five years in June, no children yet. My husband and I just bought our first home. I have dealt with weight issues my whole life and am right now the healthiest weight I have ever been. I so wish I knew as a child/adolescent the things I know now, but I guess that's part of the learning process.

Welcome to the new people!! It's great to see you!

I've been busy with my Aunt, but we did exercise together yesterday. It was nice to workout with someone again. My mother-in-law and I used to exercise together when I first started and I miss her terribly. I'm not sure what I will do today, but I had dreams about TurboFire. Is that weird?

See you all Monday!
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #15  

Autodidact! nice to have you with us

Thebunneh! No its not weird. I dreamt about exercising too

Today i did the 30Dshred and will be doing pilates later on, when im free.
Hope all of you are on plan and, remember KEEP MOVING

I lost 2 lbs, so im really happy

Last edited by Angelsmom; 04-08-2012 at 12:34 PM.