Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 11:30 AM   #1  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Default screwed up agian.

I not only sabotaged myself but I did it to Kimberley. I was just in one of those moods where all I wanted to do was eat. I started out just having some pretzels for a late night snack. I ate almost the whole bag. Then I told Kimberley I hate being on a diet I just want to eat. This was to feel her out to see what she was feeling like. She said the same thing. So then of course the next thing out of my mouth was lets order some pizza. So we split a large pizza and this was after having no calories left for the day.

I知 back on plan today but I知 so scared that this is just going to be another failed attempt at a diet. I want so bad to lose this weight and I知 so scared I知 going to screw it up again.

Old 08-11-2003, 11:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Two things to remember:

1. Sh*t happens!

2. It's not what you did for an hour last night, it's what you do day after day.

Ya gotta believe and ya gotta work through tough times. As for Kimberley, she made her own choices. Did you help each other go off plan, sure. Are you (or she) solely responsible, no.

I find I am very strong early in the day, not hungry etc. but can be very impulsive about late night snacks. I can't have ANY snack stuff in the house, not even OP stuff, unless it is ok to eat it at midnight

I'm not much for pushing "my way" on people but if you're on a plan you don't like, consider a different one. I've done a bunch of diets, and lost weight, but not stuck with it because it just didn't fit with ME. I'm doing Atkins right now and finally don't feel guilty about having things I love like cheese and nuts. For me it was like a lightbulb going on - this is a WOE I can see doing for the rest of my life, not just to lose the weight. You need to find something like that for you. Ok, enough soapbox!
Old 08-11-2003, 12:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

it's ok howie. the most important thing is to pick yourself back up, dust yourself off, and keep on truckin'! look at those pictures of yourself. look how far you've come. it's awesome. and it will only get better. =)
Old 08-11-2003, 12:01 PM   #4  

Howie,

Kim is right. This is a lifetime process, not a one shot thing. So you messed up last night, that's not a big deal unless you let it completely throw you off track and quit altogether. You're NOT going to do that and neither is Kimberly.

Keep your focus and don't forget all your reasons for doing this. We're all here for you and we have faith that you will succeed.

Be sure to let us know how you're doing today.
Old 08-11-2003, 01:11 PM   #5  
on my way down!

You gotta allow yourself a treat...giving in to temptation one day doesent mean your going to fail at all It means your only human
Old 08-11-2003, 01:16 PM   #6  

Howie,

I know you WILL be successful based on what you said in your post.
Quote:
I知 back on plan today
It will not be a "failed attempt at a diet"! It is different, because you are picking yourself back up and moving on.

Good for you!! You should be proud...that is the hardest thing to do.

Kris
261-188-155
Old 08-11-2003, 01:27 PM   #7  
Live for the Moment!

Howie -

All you can do is move on - Don't think of the little slip -ups you have - think of the determination and willpower that it took you to get where you are... You're doing great!

And besides, we all deserve a treat now and then...

You're awesome!

Keep Smilin'!

Celina
Old 08-11-2003, 01:31 PM   #8  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Everyone falls off the diet wagon. There will be obstacles. But you are strong & you will overcome them.
Old 08-11-2003, 02:33 PM   #9  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Howie - Nope, pack your bags, you're out of the club. No one here can relate to that experience, I mean, we're all perfect. That's why we have 100 lbs to lose!

Silly Howie! You're going to mess up. Count your blessings, you got back on the wagon, you didn't make it a month of "no more dieting for me!" You're back here, confessing your wrongdoings and getting started again. Failure is giving up.
Old 08-11-2003, 02:38 PM   #10  
Searching

AMEN JESSICA!

Miss Chris
Old 08-11-2003, 02:48 PM   #11  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

dude 1 day wont kill you. ok i regularly have a day usually about 2 or so a month where i can eat whatever i want. so when i think i hate being on a diet i can look and say only 4 more days or however long it is then eat what i want. the moral is. i'm still shedding pounds as long as its a break and not a habit you'll be fine. don't put yourself down over it.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:51 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Howie,

We all do it. This is FOOD, for heavens' sake. If you eat according to your plan all day today, you should have lived off the extra calories before you go to bed.
The only way you can screw up is to make this an excuse to hog it up for a month. And then, the consequence is that it will take you a little longer to reach your goal.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:59 PM   #13  

Howie,

I screwed up this weekend too, and I bet there are a lot of other people around here who did. How about if we all forgive ourselves and put it behind us right now, so it won't keep us down. After all, we're all in this together, right?
Old 08-11-2003, 04:00 PM   #14  

Howie,

I think that I am "big-sistering" you! I told you that you remind me of my little brother.
Old 08-11-2003, 04:31 PM   #15  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Howie,

You are not going to fail ~ you have done the most important thing ~ you got right back on plan today. (Unlike myself ~ so many times, I would have an episode like yours, and then take days to get back on plan.) You are doing great!

Gayle
Closed Thread