Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default Introductions to those of us on Ideal Protein Vol.2

WOW!!.....its time to open a new Volume for introductions, I am SOOO happy about that! Just introduce yourself and let us know a little about yourself.

Hey there! I started IP on April 27th weighing in at 388, I want to lose 188lbs. Congrats on the mini goals being met that is a big achievement! I am Lisa, 45, in Gulfport Mississippi. I have 2 boys 20 and 24 both in college. I have been on IP for 48 weeks now (11months) and have loss a total as of today (4/4/12) 143lbs and over 90 inches!

This is a great program, this site is a lifesaver. You will meet people from all over the world and become friends with each and everyone of them. You will realize you are NOT in this journey alone. This is YOUR journey though so NEVER compare yourself to anyone here, YOUR body has a mind of its own so with that I say.....full steam ahead!!

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 04-04-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #2  
Started IP March 2012

Height: 5'5"

Hello... My name is Meg. My goal is to get off 60 total pounds. I had two children and quit smoking and my body was not the way it used to be!

I have been on Ideal Protein for just about 3 weeks and have lost 13.5 pounds. Moving right along...

I am so happy I found this site because I struggle sometimes to stay motivated and NOT let myself get bored of the diet!

It is nice to meet everyone here.. with your support, I hope to reach my goal!
Old 04-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #3  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

I don't think I ever formally introduced myself, just jumped right in posting!

My name is Debbie. I had 145 pounds to lose, I am a third of the way to my goal and have been 100% OP since Jan. 20th, 2012. Not bad for ten fairly painless weeks.

I have 18 year old triplets that will be graduating from High School on June 1st and then will be starting at 3 different colleges on Aug 27th. I also have a Old English Sheepdog, Domino and 17.2 hand QH gelding named Too Tall. We live in the small Idaho town of Salmon, where there is plenty of outdoor recreation.

I plan to be at my "pre-triplet" weight when or around the time the trips leave for college and then I am planning on moving to the San Diego area with Domino and Too Tall.

This plan is great, there is no calculating, besides how much weight you have lost, and it is easy to stick to. My sister, Salmongirl, is doing this program with me and is a great support. It is great too that she started a size smaller than me and just in the last two weeks we have both been moving down in sizes, so I get her "too big" clothes.

Well that is it in a nutshell, I plan to be here for a while being OP.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransformingMeg View Post
Hello... My name is Meg. My goal is to get off 60 total pounds. I had two children and quit smoking and my body was not the way it used to be!

I have been on Ideal Protein for just about 3 weeks and have lost 13.5 pounds. Moving right along...

I am so happy I found this site because I struggle sometimes to stay motivated and NOT let myself get bored of the diet!

It is nice to meet everyone here.. with your support, I hope to reach my goal!
Welcome Meg, you seem to be on the right track for your screen name...Tranforming YOU!....You have already had one successful thing happen for you by quitting smoking.....CONGRATS on that! Now you will become even more successful with the program. Welcome to the IP family! Never be afraid to ask a question or post suggestions to others on here. We are all very open to any and all suggestions made by everyone. You won't or shouldn't get bored with this program, I have been on it 48 weeks as of today and I have not gotten bored yet. EXPERIMENT with your packets and veggies, Hundred's of recipes on this site to go through...Good Luck!
Old 04-04-2012, 03:42 PM   #5  
Started IP March 2012

Height: 5'5"

What an amazing story Tripmama! Wow you have already lost almost 50 pounds!! Congrats!

WUV.. you are such a source of motivation! You have amazing before/after pictures... You have so much to be proud of..

Nice to meet you guys!!
Old 04-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
I don't think I ever formally introduced myself, just jumped right in posting!

My name is Debbie. I had 145 pounds to lose, I am a third of the way to my goal and have been 100% OP since Jan. 20th, 2012. Not bad for ten fairly painless weeks.

I have 18 year old triplets that will be graduating from High School on June 1st and then will be starting at 3 different colleges on Aug 27th. I also have a Old English Sheepdog, Domino and 17.2 hand QH gelding named Too Tall. We live in the small Idaho town of Salmon, where there is plenty of outdoor recreation.

I plan to be at my "pre-triplet" weight when or around the time the trips leave for college and then I am planning on moving to the San Diego area with Domino and Too Tall.

This plan is great, there is no calculating, besides how much weight you have lost, and it is easy to stick to. My sister, Salmongirl, is doing this program with me and is a great support. It is great too that she started a size smaller than me and just in the last two weeks we have both been moving down in sizes, so I get her "too big" clothes.

Well that is it in a nutshell, I plan to be here for a while being OP.
WOW didn't realize Salmongirl was your sister, had y'all said that before? if you did I missed it!!....its great to have support like that. My mom post sometimes on here as well Wuv's Mom(original huh?...lol) she loss 50lbs using alternatives and has been maintaining for 6 months now. She gave me her "too big" clothes as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransformingMeg View Post
What an amazing story Tripmama! Wow you have already lost almost 50 pounds!! Congrats!

WUV.. you are such a source of motivation! You have amazing before/after pictures... You have so much to be proud of..

Nice to meet you guys!!
Thanks! I am very proud of myself for coming this far and still have the same attitude as when I started. I LOVE this PROGRAM!
Old 04-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #7  
Tripmama

Talking Welcome to the journey

[QUOTE=TransformingMeg;4280657]What an amazing story Tripmama! Wow you have already lost almost 50 pounds!! Congrats!

QUOTE]

Thanks and
Old 04-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #8  
Tripmama

Wink

[QUOTE=wuv2bloved;4280670][COLOR="Indigo"]WOW didn't realize Salmongirl was your sister, had y'all said that before?

I don't think we did formally announce it, now the cat is out of the back.

Congrats on your WI today- nice work.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/161.1/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi I'm new to this site and new to IP diet. after reading many post I think I'm gonna like it here. So much support, Thank you! I,m 52 and live in Northern California. I have two kids 21 and 25. I love to knit, sew, scrapbook, paint anything creative and crafty!
Old 04-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puff8alump View Post
Hi I'm new to this site and new to IP diet. after reading many post I think I'm gonna like it here. So much support, Thank you! I,m 52 and live in Northern California. I have two kids 21 and 25. I love to knit, sew, scrapbook, paint anything creative and crafty!
Welcome, sounds like you have a lot of distractions to keep you out of the kitchen!! We are a great group of people all on the same mission....to lose weight and get healthy!....we each have our own journey's but we all share the struggles and victories along the way. Lots of information, recipes and TON"S of support!...welcome to the IP Family
Old 04-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #11  

S/C/G: See Ticker....getting there!

Height: 5'4"

Default Day 2

Hi Everyone,

My name is Amanda. I just started Ideal Protein on Tuesday, so today is my day 3. So far so good. I was very tired Tuesday night and went to bed at 8pm. Early to bed last night as well but not as bad. Yesterday I was hungry most of the day....today it's 10:00 and so far so good. Had the Capp. Shake, my pills, and a bunch of water so far today. I feel really good. My Dr. said that day 4 will be the day that I'm really going to feel good.

Anyway - my goal right now is to lose 60 pounds, and get down under 160. Both of my parents are diabetic due to weight and I don't want to end up in the same boat.

I saw a post the other day...sorry I don't remember the source....but it said "I can't lose 100 pounds, that's hard! But I CAN lose 10 pounds 10 times." So, I will lose 10 pounds 6 times.

I'm here for support and find good recipes. So far one of my favorites is Kale Chips!

Good Losing everyone!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 233/204/150

Height: 5'1"

Default Hello Everyone!

Hi, my name is Sharon. I started IP last Wednesday, 3-28. I had my first weigh in yesterday and loss 4 lbs. My starting weight was 233lbs. I am so excited to finally be on IP. I felt like I had no other options since I had tried everything. My doctor diagnosed me as insulin resistant and my sleep doc kept recommending it for a year. The 1st week wasnt that bad because I had been lurking on 3 fat chicks so I knew what to expect. The second week has been hard. One of my main problems is being an emotional eater and eating out of boredom. Today for some reason I have been feeling down hence wanting to nibble on other things.I refuse to cheat cause the diet is too expensive to cheat. Plus I know I will be disappointed in myself if I do. Im not hungry just searching. I am happy to finally post on the forums and come out of hiding as a lurker.

Last edited by naysha6; 04-05-2012 at 08:39 PM. Reason: left out my weight
Old 04-05-2012, 09:18 PM   #13  

Welcome to the both of you, y'all will find LOTS of support here along with tons of information, and a LOT of recipes. We are ALL IN IT TOGETHER so become an active poster in the daily threads to let us know how your day is going!!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:18 PM   #14  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda Marie View Post
Hi Everyone,

My name is Amanda. I just started Ideal Protein on Tuesday, so today is my day 3. So far so good. I was very tired Tuesday night and went to bed at 8pm. Early to bed last night as well but not as bad. Yesterday I was hungry most of the day....today it's 10:00 and so far so good. Had the Capp. Shake, my pills, and a bunch of water so far today. I feel really good. My Dr. said that day 4 will be the day that I'm really going to feel good.

Anyway - my goal right now is to lose 60 pounds, and get down under 160. Both of my parents are diabetic due to weight and I don't want to end up in the same boat.

I saw a post the other day...sorry I don't remember the source....but it said "I can't lose 100 pounds, that's hard! But I CAN lose 10 pounds 10 times." So, I will lose 10 pounds 6 times.

I'm here for support and find good recipes. So far one of my favorites is Kale Chips!

Good Losing everyone!
I think that use to be Jordanna's Signature... SO true though!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naysha6 View Post
Hi, my name is Sharon. I started IP last Wednesday, 3-28. I had my first weigh in yesterday and loss 4 lbs. My starting weight was 233lbs. I am so excited to finally be on IP. I felt like I had no other options since I had tried everything. My doctor diagnosed me as insulin resistant and my sleep doc kept recommending it for a year. The 1st week wasnt that bad because I had been lurking on 3 fat chicks so I knew what to expect. The second week has been hard. One of my main problems is being an emotional eater and eating out of boredom. Today for some reason I have been feeling down hence wanting to nibble on other things.I refuse to cheat cause the diet is too expensive to cheat. Plus I know I will be disappointed in myself if I do. Im not hungry just searching. I am happy to finally post on the forums and come out of hiding as a lurker.

Welcome to the both of you... You will find that this journey will ZOOM by before you know it... You will find a wealth of info on these sites... Dont be afraid to ask anything...

Look forward to seeing you ladies Shrink!
Old 04-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #15  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Hi my name is Nancy and I started IP based on a referral from a friend and then found this site when looking to see how well the plan works! I am 50 and my original goal was to be at my goal weight by then but alas that never happened so here I am restarting. What seems to help is the packets and the idea of no carbs/fats/sugars to allow the fat to be used for energy!

My goal is to lose 95 lbs/ goal weight 135-140 or bmi 25% fat.

What is inspiring is the way everyone loses something each week, if not pounds, then inches and the motivation from members here.

Edited to add a side benefit:- I am asthmatic and have to take a daily inhaler. Spring is my worst time and with the early blossoms this Spring in the northeast I make a point to take full dose. Since eliminating the carbs/fat/sugars with this eating plan I have noticed that I can reduce my dosage-- this after 1 week! My allergist is also very pleased with my oxygen intake numbers. My other allergy symptons are not as pronounced this year either but the real test will be when the oak starts

I am avoiding going on insulin and hopefully based on the blood/urine done today, my numbers will still go down.

Part of the IP challenge for me is that it is a processed food and I have been working to eat 'lower on the foodchain' but after my first WI where I lost 7 lbs , I think I will be fine.

Last edited by sanaroph; 04-06-2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: add side benefit of being on IP
Closed Thread