Old 04-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Talking Christian Encouragers ~ APRIL ...

Welcome Friends
--------------------------

You've found a great place to come
and vent, share or ask for prayer support.
This is a great group who will be very
encouraging, caring and loving....
....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love
that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #2  
Rosebud

This was my April 1st post ~ and such good news; so I will add it to this April thread too ...

Had G-R-E-A-T news this AM -- I finally braved the scale and hit a 20-year low for me. I will be weighing myself for the next two days to make sure it sticks though before I change my stats in my signature, but I am so happy to have lost about 2 lbs per month over the winter. All that cycling calories, dancing, hand-weights, toning exercises (which I increased), and upping my calories on those hungry days have paid off ... thank you, GOD!!!

Starting this spring month out right with lots of each day ...
Old 04-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #3  
Rosebud

Now, here's today's post for April 2nd ...

THANKS, WILMA ~ it's been a long haul for sure, but it is so rewarding to see some WL again too; so on we go ... I had lots of other NSV's over the winter too, like thinner fingers, face, arms, and clothes are much looser too.

If it wasn't for my tummy, I'd be a size 18 for my whole body; it's my tummy that requires the larger size, but I am workin' on that too. I have upped my tummy toning exercises and lost 2 inches over that time as well. Hey, it's a victory. I double-checked my WL this am and it's down another 1.5 lbs. I will check one more day (tomorrow) and then change my signature ...

Quote:
I find Good Friday a really hard day for me as I don't feel worthy of what Jesus did for me. Praise God for Easter morning. I don't have to be worthy I have grace!

YES, I agree with you about this; I think that was what GARY was talking about too (mixed emotions on Psalm Sunday). As I was praying about this before bed last night, the LORD reminded of something GOD said to the Israelites when they cried after hearing about their sins. He told them not to cry, but that this was a time of REJOICING and celebration.

It is OK to reflect & be thankful, but JESUS suffers no more -- He is in heaven, on the right hand side of GOD. His work on the cross was finished over 2000 years ago; so now, we can all rejoice and be glad in it!

HI to BOOTSIE, DURNHELM, GARY, BARGOO, NELLY, KAREN, and all our other friends here ... have a great week, eh?
Old 04-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Rosebud my husband and I have been on a wheat free diet for 2 weeks now him 1 week,he is off indigestion medicine, me too, I have lost 6 inches in my waist him I don't know but his belly has shrunk , people coming in say WOW! Also his shingles on the inside are going away, I can even touch his shoulder with out him hollering. It is called Lose the wheat ,Loose the weight by William Davis ,MD and it is Wheat Belly on Facebook. I also have more energy also. At first when I started reading this book I said to myself They just gotta be flat out crazy if they think I am going to give that up! I kept reading then I read where it helped here and there and I went on Wheat Belly on Face book and read .I said Ok will try it for two weeks I am so amazed at the results!

Last edited by Bootsie; 04-02-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #5  
Rosebud

HI BOOTSIE ~ someone on another thread mentioned that book/program too. Actually that idea is not really all that new -- I went on a similar program when I was in my 20's, but I did eat some wheat, just not very much (1 or 2 servings a day).

My question is -- what do you eat for breakfast and lunch besides fruit & eggs? Wheat is in so many things: bread, cereals, buns, pitas, wraps, muffins, crackers, etc. You can't have toast or a sandwich; there goes my breakfast & lunch for me ...

What do people do who have blood sugar issues? When I try to cut my breads down too low, I seem to get these dizzy spells. Is this similar to a high-protein plan? Can you still eat potatoes, rice, barley, and corn?

I don't usually have bread/wheat for dinner unless it's pasta, or pizza -- which is very rare though (once a month or less). I'd just be lost as what to eat for the other two meals. I could cut muffins & crackers out. Maybe if I did it slowly and replaced them with the foods I mentioned above (rice, corn, barley, and potatoes). Does that include rice crackers & bread; and rice & corn cereals?

I admit I am impressed with your results; but I get nervous about taking out such a huge food group when I have low sugar issues. Have you lost any weight or just the inches so far? I'd love to lose 6" off my tummy! How long do you plan to keep it up?

Oops, that's a lot of questions; sorry about that. It just seems so radical to me, that's all ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-03-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/184/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone & hope you're having a good day!

Bootsie, that is really cool. I've been toying with the idea of trying wheat-free living but know it's tricky (and often expensive to buy wheat-free substitutes). I've tried pasta made from rice/spelt which is very good and don't mind wheat-free breads but it does make eating out/eating at someone else's house VERY hard. Well, I suppose eating healthy is always hard outside of the home anyway.

I'm going to check out the book. I'd love to do a bit more research on the topic of wheat and would be interested in experimenting with it.

Blessings
Dernhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #7  
Rosebud

Well, the 3rd day's a charm -- weighed again this AM and I'm still down; exactly same as yesterday, so I'm going to go change the stats in my signature ... yahoo!

BOOTSIE & DERNHELM ~ I will do some investigation into this wheat thing too; already I have thought of other things that can be subbed with, like rice bread & crackers; oatmeal & oat bran cereal; corn/bran cereals; rice cereals; barley, rice, new & sweet potatoes, and corn. We do have a gluten & wheat free section in our grocery store, so I will check that out too ...
Old 04-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #8  
Quit counting at 45!

I have another grandson!!! Brandon Luke was born today weighing in at 7 lbs. 11 oz and is 21 inches long. Both baby and parents are doing well. I can't wait to hold him.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #9  
Rosebud

GRANDMA ~ oh, that's wonderful; gee, do boys run in your family or what? GARY's kiddies are having the girls; and your sons, the boys ...
Old 04-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Bootsie, my DIL is on a wheat free diet, she eats no wheat and it is tricky to find products with out wheat . Wheat can even be found in vitamin pills and other places you wouldn't expect.
Wilma , congratulations on your new grandson. Aren't they a delight ?
Most of you know I have a new grandaughter, baby Faith is 11 days old and a real cutie, looks like a doll and is so good. I saw her yesterday and she slept the whole time, well almost the whole time she woke up a couple of times, yawned, looked around and went to back to sleep. I wish I could do that !

Last edited by bargoo; 04-03-2012 at 01:53 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #11  
Quit counting at 45!

Rosebud: I had to giggle at your post about the boys. It seems they do run in our family. They are fun though. My mom thinks her great grandchild count should be equal between the sexes and according to her this one should have been a girl. When I told her she says "Another boy?"

Bargoo: I look forward to a little girl one day too. They are so sweet. Be thankful you can hold yours lots. Mine is a province away and I won't see him until May. At least I have one close by to hug. I'm selfish though and want them all close by.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma12 View Post
Rosebud: I had to giggle at your post about the boys. It seems they do run in our family. They are fun though. My mom thinks her great grandchild count should be equal between the sexes and according to her this one should have been a girl. When I told her she says "Another boy?"

Bargoo: I look forward to a little girl one day too. They are so sweet. Be thankful you can hold yours lots. Mine is a province away and I won't see him until May. At least I have one close by to hug. I'm selfish though and want them all close by.
Wilma, I had two boys, my brother had two boys, I was the last girl and I love little boys and watching them grow but it was time for something pink in this family.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #13  

Wheat is even in cosmetics like lipstick, 1/2 cup rice no potatoes, I stay away from corn also, no bread no cereal, 1/2 cup brown beans, all the meat and other vegetables you want and 1/2 cup of fruit berries the best. Eat uncured meat uncured Ham or Uncured Bacon, eggs cheese all the cheese you want. My indigestion system has done a 90 degree turn to the better. It was so hard for me to believe but get the book and read it for it will give you some great recipes It will tell you better than me for I am still learning. Today I had nuts for you can eat all you want for breakfast and some Pizza made the crust from cauliflower, so good! made my husband beef roast for dinner and he had a pizza omelet for Breakfast. I am going to bed tired for a change, praying for all who got hit by the tornado and thank you Lord for protecting my friends and my home in Fort Worth.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #14  

Congratulations Wilma!
Old 04-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #15  

Rosebud make sure you read the labels on the glueton free some have wheat.