Old 03-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #276 Bale of Turtles Welcoming Spring!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving ech other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Taylors, continued : on your recovery. You rock!

Princess, I think that is so positive that your company is thinking about a permanent position for you. That would be fab!

Everybody, I'm heading out to my WW morning mtg. and I'll chime in later.
Knocking lots of things off my agenda and schedule and freeing up time to do the things I want to do most. That includes losing weight and reaching goal in 2012!!!!

Good luck to us all.
Judy
Old 03-22-2012, 05:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! Got out into the yard and did the first mow of the season yesterday when I got home from work... I am super sore today from it, not sure what is up with that!

Another busy day ahead and have my TOPS meeting tonight, the scale is up this week and I am not sure why other than maybe inflamation but I will keep at it.

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #4  
Chick

Good morning Turtles,
Princess, you lost so much last week. Being up this week may just be your body adjusting........whatever. What I have always noticed when that happened to me was that sticking with the program brought everything back in line by the next WI. Good luck tonight! Good for you for mowing your lawn. I'm looking at my darling daffodils kinda buried under leaves that I should be taking care of. Oh well. The daffodils still look great!

Yesterday was a very good day for me. I got back in touch with my counselor over at JC. I bought food and am started on this plan for a bit.
My idea is to lose the next 10-15#, then switch it up again. I was reminded that this is a journey. I may not lose weight each week, may gain here and there, but to keep on going. The good thing is that even after my eating not great choices, I'm not up that much from when I left. Would I like to have been down? Of course, but this is where I am now.

Bandit, Terri, Life, Cherry, Jar, Taylors, our newbies and all the turtles----this is a new day. A good attitude gets us where we want to be!

Best to everyone!!!!!
Judy
234.6/187.4/179 and onto goal in 2012!!!!!
Old 03-23-2012, 05:50 AM   #5  

Good morning everyone and happy Friday! I slept in a bit this morning since I am working from home today. I have a dentist appointment in the middle of the day so it is easier for me to work from here and run over there on my lunch time and then I can come home and get right back to work rather than running downtown, parking, etc.

They are calling for a rainy weekend so I am thinking I will be hitting the gym for my exercise over the next few days. Still sore from mowing the grass LOL, I am out of shape when it comes to yardwork I guess!

Judy: JC has worked well for you in the past so I send you good vibes that it will work again! I agree with you, this is a journey and it takes time so we will just keep at it!

Have a great day everyone, I need to get moving!
Old 03-23-2012, 07:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

TGIF Turtles!!

Princess stop mowing the lawn it is only March there will be plenty of time for that!!! hehehehe
Judy you are sooo right we have to keep at it and stay positive!! "Good things come to those who wait".
Hope you all have had a great week! It will be rainy here for the weekend too, so gym here too!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:11 AM   #7  
Chick

Terri, good luck at the gym. That's what keeps us going.
Yay!

Princess, dentist not so much fun, but what a great idea to be able to work from home and make good use of your time today. Weigh to go with all your exercise and good food choices.

Gals and guys, we are doing this!!!!

Best of luck to everyone. For me, yesterday was a good day. It wasn't perfect, but that's okay. It was as close to good as I could make it. With fewer plans today, it'll be easier to stay on track.

Have a great weekend. We're off to the circus on Sunday. There will be six of us and we should have a great time.

Judy
234.6/187.4/179 and on to goal in 2012!!!!
Old 03-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles - rainey day here as well (at least it is not freezing rain) and we
certainly can't complain since it has been crazy warm - people walking around in shorts in March, something you don't see often.
But I walk indoors so weather is no excuse to get my butt over there.

Princess - I agree with Terri - lots of time for cutting the grass and even if I could, I am not tackling that until I absolutely have to.

Judy - good you are changing things up again, I really think we all need that to keep us from getting stuck in a rut.

I "turtled" this week and was fine with that given my extras last weekend.
Goal this week is to have a more controlled weekend and I have a 3 day weekend every week. Mon to Thurs is no problem but the other days are a big challenge.

All - good luck and lets make better weekend choices!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #9  
Chick

Bandit : You're where I want to be!!!!! 180# Weigh to go!
You're doing great. Turtling this week will lead to a nice loss next week when you do what I know you will. Yay!
Judy
Old 03-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #10  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Another beautiful day here. Let's keep on keeping on! We can do this.
Onward and downward is out motto!
Judy
234.6/187/179 and thinner to goal in 2012
Old 03-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #11  
Chick

Happy Sunday, everyone!
Beautiful weather. Yesterday was another good day for me and dh and I got to the boardwalk. Scale is cooperating. Okay, let me see if I have this right?
Do the same thing again?

We're heading to the circus today with the family. It should be fun. I'm going to bring some healthy snacks for myself and then have dinner at home. Eating out again this week, so I need to take each day and challenge as it comes and keep on the good track OP.

Have a great day!
Judy
234.6/?/179 and heading toward goal
Old 03-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles

Judy - glad to hear you have things under control and planning ahead will certainly help

My weekend was better with eating (although yesterday was high point day with having pizza AGAIN) but I did get in a 3 mile walk for past 3 days, so
that will help. Gorgeous day here as well and the bulbs my friend planted
have come up & I have daffodils in bloom, so very pretty.

All - hope everyone has a great upcoming week and stay on track.

Has anyone tried any new recipes?
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #13  

I'm still here. I had a rough weekend though. The kids got horrible coughs and some fevers. Plus i think i had another Gallbladder attack on Saturday so I am making an appointment on Monday to see what I can do and get things checked out. Anyone had their gallbladder removed? It runs in my family so not a big suprise. I have damaged my body by gaining all that weight and ending up at 252. Well I am doing better now and am so close to Onederland!
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:01 AM   #14  

Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all. Went to WW on Saturday and was up 1.8, very dissapointed but I know that I did everything right and for the most part I know my body well enough to know that I was really inflamed from the previous weekend exercise so I really worked hard this weekend to keep my food in check and as it turned out we had our D-GS so I was not able to get to the gym - went to the park for walks instead.

Running late this morning so I need to get moving. I hope you all have a great day and a wonderful week.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All Happy Monday!

I am up and off to the Y to exercise, one day at a time one pound at a time!! Princess is right!!!
Really have on idea on the pounds to afraid to hit the scale!

Everyone have a good week!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote