Old 04-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #1  
I'm doing it for ME

S/C/G: 317/311/200

Height: 5'3

Default Wow... Out of shape doesnt even begin to describe it lol

I have been pretty sedintary for about the last year, but more so the last month or so. I caught swine flu and was down for a good 2 weeks, and felt weak for about 3 weeks after. it is bad stuff maynard. anyhow, i havnt done ANY exercising at all. today i got the bright idea to try that walk away the pounds video where you can walk in place in the comfort of your own home. anyhow, 5 mins into it i was sweating like a pig, and my legs hurt so bad lol. i am going to keep at it tho.. will prob do 5 min increments a few times a day till i can work up to longer. i was just soooo shocked at how hard it was. on the plus side tho, since it's so hard for me it should be burning some cals lol
Twilightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #2  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

You'll be amazed how quickly you can go from 5 to 10 minutes and how much of a difference even that small amount of movement make in how you feel. Just don't make the mistake of thinking "oh, I just burned 300 calories so I can have a second helping of dinner!". The exercise should be in addition to, not instead of, any healthy food choices you are making.

Good Luck with your new exercise regimen!!!
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #3  
I'm doing it for ME

food wise, im not too bad.. my big problem is soda. if left to my own devices, i can and have consumed 2-3 2 liter bottles of mountain dew per day. i have cut down to 1 liter a day now and am hoping to get down to none. i tried quitting cold turkey, but the headaches were debilitating. so, slow but sure lol. i am kinda anxious to see how much i weight i will lose doing this vid. it feels like ill lose loads lol...
Old 04-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #4  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Small increment builds are the way to go. You'll get back in shape in no time
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #5  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I love the WATP videos! Stick with it and don't get discouraged, it definitely gets easier.

I think the headaches from the Mt Dew are withdrawal from caffeine.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #6  
I'm doing it for ME

when i first got the video, i sat in my recliner and watched it from start to finish just to see what it was like... and i remember thinking it looked like it was too easy to burn any cals... first impressions are NOT always accurate lol. i have done 5 mins twice now, and will do it again an hour or so after dinner.. i will be glad when i work up to doing the whole thing...our bodies are really quite remarkable. just like any engine, if you dont use it, it goes to pot lol. hope everyone is having a good OP day
Old 04-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

I am a huge fan of WATP. I started of slow. It was hard at first. keep it up and you will be doing that mile in no time. What I like most about it is how positive and encouraging she is. I also like how she says it's your workout. you can do parts of it or not,whatever works for you.
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

Another HUGE FAN of Walk Away The Pounds. I first started with a 2 mile and almost cried my first few tries. I kept at it and graduated to the 3 (easily) and the 5 mile. I've even done the walk/jog and the walk for pilates. I was 284+ when I started (probably higher but I never got on the scale). It does get better!!!

I moved from there to Tae Bo (which Leslie really prepared me for) and now I'm training for a 5K (using the C25K program). I'm sore as heck but Leslie Sansone really helped get me prepared for the heavier stuff. Cheering you on

Last edited by free1; 04-02-2012 at 09:38 PM.
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:44 PM   #9  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

But starting slow and with doing exactly what you are doing is the way to go about it and stay injury free. I did the walk it out wii game for the first few months of my weight loss. I went from walking in place on the wii, to using an aerobic step, to taking out all slow songs, etc. then I started walking for real outside getti faster and faster. and then to the gym for strength training and step aerobics. Now I can do everything in step aerobics - jumping and such and follow it up with an hour of strength training. The body can do amazing things. It just takes time and patience, but you can get there!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:17 AM   #10  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

whoa.....BABY STEPS.....baby steps...maybe that video was too much too soon. ..make small steps, small changes, and when you feel better you can decide which bigger steps you wish to make
Elizabeth779 is offline   Reply With Quote