Old 04-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Default Do you feel it when the fat is burning?

I have always wanted to know if the sensation of fat burning is common or if I am somewhat freaky. I swear I feel a special sensation when losing weight, like the sensation of a sore muscle, but instead of coming from the muscle, it comes from places where fat has accumulated. Can you feel that too? I generally feel it when I go to sleep...
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #2  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

As I understand it, when we burn fat, heat is released. But that doesn't make sense because I feel so cold all the time!

I don't know anything about what you're experiencing. But you're probably not freaky. Maybe just not defining the sensation properly.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

I feel like when I am done working out, and when I am about to have a scale drop, I feel something. I don't know how to describe it. Maybe it is a psychological thing, but I can always tell when I'm making progress. It's a good feeling!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I don't feel anything like what you're describing, but I am noticing a difference in how I feel when I'm eating "right" and when I've eaten less healthfully.

I've found that keeping a detailed food/health/symptom log helps tremendously (In addition to my food, I also log a lot of variables - my sleep patterns and schedule, including naps; all my medications and when I take them; my weight; my goals for the day; my exercise plans and whether I acheived them; my body temperature; the day of my monthly cycle and related data; my pain and other health issue symptoms; and even the weather).

I try to keep as accurate a document as I can, because "writing it down," has really helped me notice patterns I might otherwise miss.

For example, I only learned that I had an allergy or sensitivity to wheat because of my detailed health logs. I noticed that on low-carb, some health issues especially related to skin rashes on my face improved drastically. Issues that I thought were just normal for me (rosacea, seborrheic dermatitis, acne breakouts, simultaenously oily and dry skin, severe flaking "face dandruff"...)

I wondered whether carbs were to blame or specific carbs so I experimented further and found that wheat is the biggest culprit, followed by large amounts of sugar and to a much lesser degree carb intake overall. Wheat produces the most severe symptoms, followed by sugars (I even have to be somewhat careful with fruit, especially dried fruit).

I'm learning to pay attention to the body cues, and keeping a detailed health log makes that a lot easier.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 193.4 / 133.0 / 120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandis View Post
I feel like when I am done working out, and when I am about to have a scale drop, I feel something. I don't know how to describe it. Maybe it is a psychological thing, but I can always tell when I'm making progress. It's a good feeling!
I have that same 'feeling' too! Just don't know how to describe it either
hle82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Yes, maybe I am not saying it right. More than a feeling, it is a physical sensation of tickling and burning in those parts of the body where there is more fat. It is neither disagreeable nor pleasant, just a slight ... "thing". It is not constant either, but I feel it once or twice a month. Weird, right?
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Started Cal Counting on 1/4/16

Height: 5'10"

Maybe the sensation you are feeling is circulation of your blood flow - which is a good thing!
JerseyPAGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #8  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

I can't say I ever feel any sort of sensations that indicate weight loss. I think it would be totally cool! However, I have, on occasion, pulled myself out of bed in the morning and thought I felt lighter, only to have the scale confirm it.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 282/269/200

Height: 6foot

I feel a lot of tingling sensations and don't know if that is okay or not. This is week 3. Lost 14 pounds first two weeks and not working or even walking yet. I think that a little sensation is normal but if you get dizzy or always lethargic, then that may be an issue.
BillyJohn22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/130

Height: 5'9" Age: 19

I tend to feel a dull tension in my body when I'm dieting. It's kind of like I'm able to feel parts of my body that I normally do not feel. It's not painful it, just has feeling that wasn't there before. ?
Ramra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:46 PM   #11  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by inglesita64 View Post
I have always wanted to know if the sensation of fat burning is common or if I am somewhat freaky. I swear I feel a special sensation when losing weight, like the sensation of a sore muscle, but instead of coming from the muscle, it comes from places where fat has accumulated. Can you feel that too? I generally feel it when I go to sleep...
I TOTALLY get that same feeling and thought too! I never said anything because...well...you know. So, I am so glad that you brought it up! I have no idea what it is, but regardless, it prompts me.
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote