Old 04-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #1  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Default MRC April Thread

Hello April!
It is going to be a great month as we get closer to our goals, reach our goal and/or maintain . Let's do it!!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #2  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Mowed yesterday, it got up to 93. That does not even make sense, it is only the first part of April, it is not supposed to be this hot yet. URG!! Gonna have to start doing it twice a week to keep the grass from eating our mower. On the plus side it is awesome exercise, and my back and arms will attest. On the negative side...ow! Still, if I have to do it twice a week by the end of summer I should have awesome arms.
Galadreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

I had a great weekend both on program and in general. I went shopping in my own closet and was able to wear ALL the dresses that I tried on. It was a great feeling. I have not fit into some of that stuff since college. So that made the WI on Friday better. I also looked at my last measurements and have lost a total of 79 inches. That is more inches than I am tall and I'm not short. That also made me feel better. I guess I was just angry that the scales went the wrong way last week. And being out of program time on top of that was not a good mix. I have set my mind to having the best month possible to get as to get as close to goal as I can before stabilization. I'm OK with not being totally there when I start stabilization. I know not everyone is like that but it's good for me.

Hope everyone has a GREAT month. I can't believe it's April already. Christmas was just a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited by ynapier; 04-02-2012 at 09:44 AM.
ynapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

I'm with you! New month - new goal - new motivation. I was bummed last week and stressed about not being able to exercise (back injury)... but I'm re-commiting to a better month, fresh veggies and fruit for the warmer months, and getting back on my exercise wagon.

I would like to reach goal by mid-May also!
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/217/165

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning all!!!! I've been missing in action from the forum, but still going strong with the weightloss. I weighed over the weekend and as of 4/2/12. I officially made it Onderland(doing the happy dance) and 25 inches gone so far. I'm so happy.

Well congrats on all the successes that I missed out on and welcome to all the newcomers.

Love Michelle
chelljo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #6  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

I had a frustrating/disappointing last few days of March, but am ready to attack April. I, unfortunately, identified my trigger food - SALT! I was craving peanuts for weeks so I thought one serving wouldn't hurt. Well, they don't sell roasted peanuts in individual servings so I bought a bottle. I have been on program for 11 weeks with absolutely no temptation from the junk my kids and husband bring home so I thought I would be fine. I ate 1/2 of the bottle over three days - could not leave them alone! I finally had to throw the rest of the bottle away. It could have been worse - Easter is my favorite candy time of the year (chocolate covered marshmallow eggs, Cadbury Mini Eggs and Creme Eggs, jelly beans, etc.) but I am still disappointed. It is the feast/famine mentality that got me to where I am today (chronic yo yo dieter). But, back on track and will do some serious thinking over the next few months about how to better handle this in maintenance (in addition to not buying the trigger food....).
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #7  
bespectacled weirdo

Lost 2 pounds this afternoon at WI, of course that is since Wednesday, but I will take it. I am actually really surprised, especially since I had a little cotton candy on Saturday. Now gonna go have dinner, grilled last night and made dinner and lunch for at least 3 days this week...tonight, deer burgers.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #8  

selway-I'm with you on loving the Easter candy. I started the day after Halloween and made it through that, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Super Bowl, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's day all without going off plan. But the robin's eggs...and since I'm at maintenance...but I am not going to buy them. It's a slippery slope. Like you learned with the peanuts...trigger foods need to stay in the store. Dark chocolate I can eat in limited portion, milk chocolate candies send me into a downward spiral. So I'm not buying any Easter candy (I bought starburts and ring pops for the kids, no temptation here). I have my menu for the day planned out.

y-congrats on getting into the dresses...how fun!

Great job to everyone who has lost. I officially switched to maintenance today so we figured out my calorie range. We decided to keep it a bit lower so I can lose the last pound in the next week or two, then slowly up my calories, or keep them at the lower end and have one treat meal a week. A lot of learning. And a big one for me has been to remain focused on the veggies and lean protein even when adding in other foods.
nwcgina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

WTG Gina for hitting maintenance!!
Fluffy in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:33 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

What a roller coaster weekend! Sunday morning at 2 AM my mom came and picked me up to head to the hospital because my sister-in-law was in labor. We knew it was a possibility, so I prepped everything the night before, including my breakfast, water, protein drinks, etc. When the call came, I was set. In the end, false alarm and we were all sent home at 5 AM. I got a couple hours sleep and thankfully my husband made sure our munchkin didn't wake me up so I could sleep until I had to get up for church. He's awesome!

Yesterday morning, my brother called to let me know that they were going straight from the doc appointment to labor & delivery. She was 4-5 cm dilated. So, I rushed out from work and back to the hospital. I forgot my drinks and supplements, but one day wasn't going to kill me. I did get breakfast in, so that was covered. Unfortunately, it was not a smooth delivery by any means. It ended up being an emergency c-section for a variety of reasons that took almost 2 hours!!! We were very scared we were going to lose both of her and the baby. In the end, the baby is fine, albeit in the NICU for the moment and mom is recovering well.

Since it was so touch and go for a while there, we didn't want to leave the floor in case something happened, so no lunch for me. All I could do was make the best choice I could from the vending machine which was a pack of animal crackers since I had already tried them on stabilization and did ok with them. I could have done the peanuts, but the sodium would have not been good for my blood pressure. I did get all my water in just for the simple fact my stomach hurt from not eating and it helped calm it. When I got home, I did a take out grilled chicken salad, a HNS gelatin and all was well with our world again.

This morning, the scales still seem to be ok. If I've learned anything since starting this journey it's don't let temporary things totally derail you. It is possible, if things are out of your control, to make the best choices you can with the knowledge learned on program, and get right back in the swing of things asap.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #11  

I had maintenance weigh in and stayed the same, 5 pounds under goal. This was a rough week.. I tried adding whey, which the Syntrax mixed package is from Diet Direct, or Nashua Nutrition and I noticed on scale, I was up. Went to center and said not staying just want to weigh in and I was up 2 1/4 pounds.. From taking the whey, my stomach swelled up, and it has not done that in ages. Sooooo, I went back to basics, and weighed in this morning and weight came off. So, I will not be making drinks or whatever with this wonderful tasting product.. Chocolate truffle, caribbean , sigh...

Congrats to all that hit maintenance, and to those that lost weight.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:16 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/168/140

Height: 5'3

Had a good weekend, but I have a feeling that this next weekend is going to be tough. Easter is rough for me, too, since I enjoy all the little candies that the kiddies get. *sigh*
COchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #13  
bespectacled weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by COchick View Post
Had a good weekend, but I have a feeling that this next weekend is going to be tough. Easter is rough for me, too, since I enjoy all the little candies that the kiddies get. *sigh*
I was told yesterday by one of my counselors that it is ok to have a little, that I would not lose, but just remember portion control. One cadburry egg is fine, a whole package is not.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #14  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

JenB - so glad that your SIL and niece/nephew are OK. Great job making the best food choices possible in that situation.

COchick - hang in there, only a few more days of having to see that candy everywhere!

nwcgina - I am doing the same thing for my kids, a little bit of candy and then I bought non-food items for their big Easter basket item. I cannot buy my Easter favorites. Congratulations on entering the maintenance phase!

Patzi - thank you for sharing your experiences on maintenance. I just bought the Syntrax mix pack from D.Direct and thought that MRC products were also whey protein (until I just read the box). I will watch for a difference on the scale!
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 5"

I think Stabilization agrees with me. Just WI and I'm now 2.5 pounds below goal. To top it off, TTOM started Sunday, so I'm thrilled.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote