South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 09:41 PM   #1  

Question crystal light

hi everyone ive only posted a couple of times iam wondering if anyone else is drinking crystal light drink mixes... i have always used them the lemonaide and the peach tea even before this diet all the time thinking i have thouroughly investigated the ingredients... now i take another look and maltodrin is way up there on list... that is 150 on gi list...is anyone else using them and do you think we should stop... i have not drank any this week as that seems awfuly bad but i have heard many say they are using crystal light... well i probably know the sad answer just wondering anyone else drinking this thinking its okay... 150 gi may be holding the weight loss at a stand still... hummm
julbee
Old 08-09-2003, 09:59 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

My husband drinks it a lot, Julbee. I'd rather have water, but he HAS lost about 22 pounds.
Old 08-09-2003, 10:11 PM   #3  

Default thanks

thats good to know maybe ill drink a little!!!
Old 08-10-2003, 05:44 AM   #4  
Mous

Did not know this, but I have been drinking it and am still losing.

Lady Marcie
Old 08-10-2003, 07:59 AM   #5  
GARDENING ADDICT

I also have been drinking it but I add just enough tovery lightly flavor the water.

I also like to drink "Fruit 2~O" bottled water which has flavored essense and uses Splenda as the sweetener.

And I also add lemon juice and a few drops of Stevia (which is a natural herbal sweetener) to my water for a refreshing lemonade. I'm sure you could use Splenda instead.
Get creative as long as you drink that water
Old 08-10-2003, 11:05 AM   #6  

I have been making sun tea using 5 or 6 different herb teas. I like mixing the different citruses and mint. plus no caffeine. I have only been able to drink about 64 ounces of fluid a day without running to the bathroom every 5 minutes. Good luck.........Julie
Old 08-10-2003, 02:58 PM   #7  

thanks everyone!!!
Old 08-10-2003, 04:49 PM   #8  

I use unsweetened Kool-Aid lemonade and sweeten it with Splenda.
Old 08-10-2003, 10:24 PM   #9  

Julbee, how do you know that Crystal Light is 150 on the GI scale? Is there a book or information available on the GI othe than what is in the SBD book?

If anyone can answer this please send me an answer by e-mail: [email protected].

Liz
Closed Thread