Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #1  
Pinkie Pie Pony

S/C/G: 194/180.2/125

Height: 5'5

Default To excercise or not to excercise...(whiny)

So my fiance and his best friend want to go to the gym at our apartment and I think that's great. I'm all for it, except they want me to go with them and they're bringing along his best friends wife....Now we've gotten a lot closer than we used to be, (she's overly judgmental and hated me for quite a while) and we've been hanging out as a group a lot lately, but going to the gym is a scary prospect for me, not only am I overweight, but I have a slipped disc and a lot of exercises are super difficult and hurt quite a bit. I've gone with my best friend (my besties overweight too), but the wife of my fiance's friend is skinny, so I'll be the only really overweight one there. I feel really uncomfortable with the whole thing and am dreading going. Any words of advice or encouragement? <3 Thanks for everything. Good luck to everyone!
Goody3shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #2  

Do you feel obligated to train with her?

Honestly, if you're looking for an excuse, you're likely better of training pretty differently from how she trains. Given your physique and health issues, it's not only justifiable to train differently than a thinner fit woman... it's also critical if you ask me.
Steve Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:50 PM   #3  
Warrior Princess

Oh, I would LOVE if my building had a gym...but I wouldn't want to work out around people I don't like. I say work out alone.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:45 PM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Just say no thanks? And leave it at that?

I'm sure there's other scenes where you are more ok with going as a quad, but if the gym scene isn't it, why force it?

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:09 AM   #5  
Pinkie Pie Pony

S/C/G: 194/180.2/125

Height: 5'5

Default Thanks

Thanks for the support<3 Two of my best friends are going to come with me, which means there will be ALOT of people in a very small gym. My fiance's probably going to cancel the whole thing. so Yay and nay. But either way, Thanks everyone.
Goody3shoes is offline   Reply With Quote