Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 03-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

Default Breast Reduction Surgery

I am thinking about having breast reduction surgery and was wondering if there is anyone who has had breast reduction surgery, was it painful, how long were you out from work, how long did it take you to recuperate, did you need someone to help you around the house, etc? All information would be helpful. I am currently a 42 DDD but I'm not sure what size I should reduce it to. How will I know that? Can anyone offer any information? Thank you so much.
LAgreeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #2  

I had breast surgery reduction about eight years ago. It was the best thing!!!! It was not painful ... maybe a little discomfort ..... but so worth it. I did not have any help at home because I live alone.

My back and shoulders feel so much better... and the grooves in my shoulders are gone! and the bras .... what a choice you will have. I would recommend that you do this..................
zoeydoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

That's good to know. What size will I know what to reduce to?
LAgreeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #4  
In training to be awesome

S/C/G: 270 / 188.4 / 170

Height: 5'11"

I had a BR when I was 20. In some ways I'm so happy that I had it when I did, and at the same time I wish that I'd waited until after I had children. I had no idea at age 20 how emotionally painful it would be to struggle to have even a halfway normal nursing relationship with my babies. I was barely able to nurse my first at all, and with my second I was taking 52 (yes, 52) pills per day in order to have a 50% milk supply. Your post didn't mention your age or if you're planning to have children in the future, but I did want to at least share my thoughts with you.

Are you 100% completely positive of your size? I recently found out based on a thread here on 3FC that I'd been wearing the wrong size bra my whole life. Currently, more than 10 years after my reduction, my actual correct size is a 34GG. Before I found that thread I was wearing a 40D which I knew was starting to get too big. My breasts really are not that much different than when my surgeon reduced me to a 38C. Maybe a little bigger from having had two babies, but not dramatically. It just turns out that almost everybody measures wrong.

Read through this thread (don't use the measuring advice from the first post) and look especially for posts by runningfromfat: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/look...w-fit-bra.html

Here's her blog post about getting a bra that fits: http://braslessinbrasil.blogspot.com...-that-fit.html

There are SO many more options for properly fitting bras now than there were when I had my surgery. Like I said above, part of me is indeed glad that I did it, but I'm not sure that I would have done it if I had known then what I know now (gotta love hindsight!).

Last edited by Blueberries; 03-28-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Blueberries is offline   Reply With Quote