Old 03-22-2012, 10:49 PM   #1  

Default Consultation cost ,WOW!, need advice

Went to a consultation at the local Medifast shop. WOW, I could not believe the cost, over $1000 and that did not include the cost of the food and supplements. I understand that that they consul and weigh you every week but that’s a lot of money. I went to the Medifast web site and they have the a free download of the quick start guide. They also have online community that is free. Has anyone had success doing this without putting this kind of money out? And if so was it hard? Any advice?

THANKS YALL!
Mbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:46 PM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I'm doing this mostly on my own. I buy my Medifast through Take Shape For Life, which is like a sister company. They set you up with a health coach who is supposed to help you out. I'm really lucky, my coach is an old friend, so I can tell or ask her ANYTHING. I find the online support really helpful. I don't even have a Medifast center nearby, so it was not an option for me. I work a crazy rotating schedule, so I don't think it would be convenient for me if it was available.

Do what you think will work best for you. If a weekly meeting helps keep you motivated and honest, then the money spent at the center may be well worth it.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #3  
Medifast Newb

S/C/G: 269/243/140

Height: 5'2"

That is robbery. My coaching is free, I pay NOTHING and neither does my insurance. I wouldn't give those people a dime, sounds like a scam. Buy your food off the site directly and look for support online. Or other health coaches that support the program and you buy through them. That's what I do. I just buy through my coach and he gets a commission but I don't actually pay him a dime.
medifaster27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #4  
threenorns

..............so..... just working with ya here..... i'm guessing the point of their version of the diet plan is to leave you too broke to buy food or something?
Old 04-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #5  

I too went to a center and while it gives you lots of samples, a blenders, lots of blood tests and weekly weigh-ins, the cost was going to be $1300 BEFORE food. No way. I am ordering online today. Just looking around for the foods I should try. Good Luck!
Travelnurse74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 301.5/295.8/168

Height: 5'9"

I ordered my food online on Monday and it should be here by Monday, I do not have any centers/ stores by me so if you want we can kind of lean on each other and help each other out if you want. Maybe instead of the weekly meetings in the "store" we can do weekly emails or something like that to help keep each other going?
Courtneyep27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 193.4 / 133.0 / 120

Height: 5'1

That is way too exorbitant! Um for that cost, I'd rather do WW or any of the other meal replacement plans that are way cheaper and INCLUDES the food!
hle82 is offline   Reply With Quote