South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 06:21 AM   #1  
Mous

Talking Fab Friday at the Beach...DAILY 8/8

A new beginning for mom, dad, grandparents, relatives and son. How Joyous. CONGRATULATION'S!

We all have had a second chance at a new beginning. We have looked at our old life and told ourselves that we have to change. Whether it be for health or for wanting to look better and feel better.

We were the ones that had to search our soul to find the inner strength to bring about this change. It is a rough road to walk down at times, but the effort is worth the pain.

We have grown in spirit, mind and body.

We have made some new friends. We have told things that we never thought we would and we have found out that it didn't matter to any of you.

What is important now is what we do with this new beginning. We know that we are feling better and as a gift, we are looking better.

We have a new attitude, we have a new WOL and a great new WOE. We won't fail this time because we have faith in ourselves because we are doing it this time for the right reasons. AND we have all of you for support, tips, "kicks" in the rear end and for laughter and pats on the back.

Just as this new bundlw of joy is experiencing a new beginning one filled with love and lots of kisses and hugs we will too join him in experiencing these things once again with a newness that we will remember for many days, weeks and months to come.

ANTS!! The old expression is Ants in your Pants, but ours are in the PANTRY this time eating some of the things that I used to love...a blessing in disguise or a PAIN in the ----?! LOL

Off to the farmer's market for some cantaloupe and other "new" things.

Have a bright and shiny NEW day.

Lady Marcie....thanks GOFISHIN
Old 08-08-2003, 07:02 AM   #2  

Good Morning Lady and Ladies...Gentlemen too if there are any here...
I found today I couldn't wait till you posted Lady, how nice to start the day with your posts....
Today I am still in the first week of phase 1...haven't lost anything, need to throw the scale away..I do have *the headache* so I must be doing something right. I am SO glad it's Friday! I hope you all have a wonderful day and enjoy our new beginning (as Lady so beautifully illustrated)

stay the course,
tina
Old 08-08-2003, 07:24 AM   #3  
In Control: E+R=O

TGIF!! It's been a long week, I'm glad Friday is here.

Marcie, thanks for the cute baby card, it's so sweet. And your post this morning was exceptional...it really hit home with me, because I do feel that with this new WOL I am giving myself a second chance at life. I've been overweight (with varying degrees of overweight) for so many years now that it will definitely be a new life for me to be thin....and I can't wait to experience that new life!!! And you're right, I'm not going to fail this time, as I have with so many diets, because this is not a diet, it is a WAY OF LIFE!

Hang in there tina, the headache will soon be gone, and so will the pounds. They may come off slowly, or they may come off quickly, but believe that they will come off!!

I hope everyone has a Fabulous Friday!!!
Old 08-08-2003, 07:26 AM   #4  

Thanks goodness for Lady! Your inspirational messages are a highlight of this new WOE.

Frannymae...been thinking about you. I hope things turn around for you, but if she decides to stay...you'll both grow stronger and may end up becoming even closer in adulthood. Let the bird fly and with freedom it will return anew. I know this doesn't help in the now moment, but believe that your future holds a richer connection. Don't stop believing in yourself.

Sil...you're down to 128? I'm so happy for you (so insanely jealous too...but we'll just let that ride). Congratulations! What is your goal?

Did anyone see Brittany Murphy on Letterman last night? I looked at my husband and said, "See, I want to look like that." He looked at me like I was completely out of my mind. Do you guys think celebrities struggle with weight as much as we "commoners" do?

On a happy thought, it's Friday and I think I was supposed to go to Day 1 of Phase 2 yesterday. I totally forgot. Isn't that crazy? I bought yogurt late last night at the store but I didn't want to eat it first thing for breakfast and waste it. I think I'll have it late this afternoon and savor it. I never thought I'd say that about yogurt.

Have a fab Friday everyone!
Erika
Old 08-08-2003, 07:39 AM   #5  
Imagine...

Morning All!!

2Dog ~ How sweet, a little boy, congradulations!!

Franny ~ so glad to hear you got the address, hope it makes you feel a little better. it's a small step but a step forward nonetheless.

Sil ~ way to go girl!!

Ellis ~ prayers go out for your Dad

Lady ~ As always much appreciated.

TGIF, I agree. It has been rainy and humid here in Connecticut for so long I don't remember what the sun looks like, But I will take it compared to Gofish and the 109 degrees she is having.

Brady ~ LOL, I hear ya, yogurt not exactly my idea of a treat.

Tina ~ hang in there. I didn't get headaches but I understand that the are only temporary.

Have a great day!!!
Old 08-08-2003, 07:43 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Leavin' On A Jet Plane

Today is going to be a packed day, not that I'm packed yet! I leave shortly after lunch to drop off my darling brat, Lucy, at the kennel and then go to Ottawa. I'll see Ellis tonight and then go to the Days Inn for a short night. Darn early planes! However, staying in Ottawa tonight means I don't need to get up at 3:30 to drive to the airport. Today would not have been a good day to do that as we are so fogged in - it feels like living in a pail of milk!

I still have a load of laundry to do and a pair of new pants to finish shortening so have to get cracking. I'll try to check in from LindaBC's or my DD MEW's over the next week.

I promise to do my very best to stay relatively on Plan. It will not be easy but I'll give it my best shot and forgive myself if I slip.

Have a great week, Beach Beauties.
Old 08-08-2003, 08:11 AM   #7  

Good morning to all!!

I love getting up in the morning, and first thing I do is check the daily post. Very inspirational each day.

I also want to thank everyone for the great support on yesterday's thread. I am still trying to learn about everyone here since I have only been here 5 days, but I felt like I really belonged here after reading yesterday's thread!!

Thank you all so much!! I really need the support.

As for the meat,cheese, and eggs - I have been eating alot of salads. yellow beans, broccoli, and yellow squash. And Pistachio nuts. FF Cottage Cheese.

Take care all of you! Have an awesome Beach Day!! I am learning that the water is just fine

Nikki

PS...I bought those Somersize Carmel Softies in anticipation of Phase II, I had to try one last night - if you like Carmel they ROCK!!!! I highly recommend!
Old 08-08-2003, 08:20 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, darlings! Marcie, thank you for your inspirational words.

Tina, isn't that a wicked headache? It's your body saying, "Where the heck is the sugar?!" It'll be gone soon.
Hang in there, hon.

Twodog... congratulations on the latest addition to your family! And thank you again for the prayers.

Brady, those celebrities' lives revolve around their weight! They exercise everyday for work, eat for work, look good for work...
I suppose it wouldn't be TOO bad. But I always think about how inferior they must feel when they are no longer "flavour of the month". It really must burst their bubbles. I'm glad just to be me... I don't give a damn WHAT anything thinks of me. Like you, I WOULD like to be thin, though... Enjoy your yogurt, hon.

Sflake, thank you for your prayers, sweetie.
This weather is miserable. I'm trying not to go outside too often. Or to move too much.

Ruth, just as well you're not sleeping here tonight. My SIL is here now, and she's asleep on the guest bed. She'd probably enjoy sharing with you, but I know you're not into that sort of thing.
Besides, she's got her two yappy dogs in the bed with her. shudder. Horrible little things.
Can't wait to see you!

Hello Coton (thanks hon... had a good sleep. Shelled pistachios! I need the exercise!), Franny (continued hugs and prayers... so glad to hear you got an address...), Nikki, Didi, Sil (WHAT?!! 128!?!? That's me in college!!), Dentrassi, Tina, Bobo, Gofishin', Linda, Whimsey, Laked, Tippy, Jackie, and everyone else and ALL the new girls. I love you all.

Last edited by ellis; 08-08-2003 at 08:35 AM.
Old 08-08-2003, 08:47 AM   #9  
In Control: E+R=O

Ruth, have a safe trip, and have fun!
Old 08-08-2003, 09:01 AM   #10  

GOOD MORNING BEACH BABES!!!! Hope we will all have a good day at the beach....I hope I don't get mistaken for a whale!!! I am having a fat day today....it happens...ya know? The balsamic chicken recipe in the book is only just so-so....but it was easy...well gotta get movin'!! laters!
Old 08-08-2003, 09:25 AM   #11  
GARDENING ADDICT

I couldn't start my day without coming here first. marcie's posts really help to start the day out right.
There were lots of people that I want to address but I have to go back and take notes. Gotta go right now to help DH finish removing the last of the heavy exercise equipment (bench, bike and the pull-down rack) so the carpet can be installed today. I'll come back later..............
Old 08-08-2003, 09:46 AM   #12  

Good Morning to Everyone, hope you all have a fab weekend ahead...Thanks to Lady for her eloquence in the daily thread. You are amazing!!!!
Ruth- have a great trip and a nice visit with Ellis!
Whimsey- It's "ok" to be having what you refer to as a "fat" day, but young lady, I am not going to tolerate that kind of negative talk about yourself "hope I don't get mistaken for a whale". You better rewrite your post without the DISCLAIMER. You are Beautiful.....
BradyDave-If that is your pic on your avatar, brittney murphy better jump back. You are 10 times more attractive than her. I thought we already discussed that weighing 112 was not normal!!!!!!
2dog- Congrats on the bouncing baby boy.
Ya'll have a great day- Ash
Old 08-08-2003, 10:14 AM   #13  

Good morning everyone. Hope your Friday morning is going great. I'm on day 12 of Phase I and feeling pretty good.

2dog -Congrats on the new baby - what a joy. My baby is almost 15 now!

Whimsey - please don't say things like that about yourself - it's just one day and tomorrow is a fresh start!

Ya'll take care and have a great day - Joyce S
Old 08-08-2003, 10:47 AM   #14  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Quiltlady-Glad to hear you are doing so well!

Jackie-Good advice!! How are you doing?

Sil-Sounds like the room is close to being done! VERY exciting!!

Whimsey-Sounds like you are really getting on track! jackie is right though, don't cut yourself down. it just makes it HARDER (and I used to be the self-cut down queen, so I KNOW what I'm talking about!!) Love You!!

2Dog-CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your sister is getting better, AND you're a great aunt!! WONDERFUL!!! Had a great time at my parents' house!

Ellis-HEY HON!!! Try to put the worries on the back burner and enjoy your visits with your SIL and with Ruth!!! Give Ruth a BIG liss from all of us!!

Ruth-And then YOU give Ellis a big kiss from all of us!!! (And Linda too of course!!) Have fun on your trip sweetie!!!!

Luvkitties-I think I'm staying away from those caramels!! sounds like they are TOO good!!!

Sflake-Sounds like we are having the same type of weather. I agree though, it is a LOT better than 109!!!

BradyDave-It is actually pretty cool that you forgot about going in to phase 2!! Enjoy your yogurt today!!!

Tinabrul-Are you drinking your water? I think it helps with the headaches AND the weight loss. At any rate, I found I'd go along the same weight and then lose a few seemingly overnight!! Stick with it!!!

Marcie-Thanks again for making my morning!! I have a hard time waking up, and your messages help get me on the right track right from the beginning.

Yesterday my youngest son and I visited my parents. 16 year old stayed at home for a band practice. (A friend of a friend of his is having a "fondue party" Saturday night and the band is the entertainment!!) Well, we went to a Vietnamese restaurant for lunch. Had a salad that was made of shredded cabbage, chicken, basil, peanut bits, and onions. The sauce had sugar in it (I assume...it was sweet and spicy.) so I went light on that. WOW it was good!!! Had a wonderful time visiting with my parents as well. DH is getting back from the conference tonight....been missing him, so I'm feeling happy that he's back soon!!!
Old 08-08-2003, 11:23 AM   #15  

Ok...I sorry I already feel better....I just caught a really bad angle in the mirror this morning...I looked like HUGE!! That is not a good thing when you first get up either...I looked like a sumo wrestler!! ...I am going to do something constructive today...that always makes me feel better....I am going to look for a new quilt pattern...and get ready to start a new quilt top...Hum...fall must be in the air!!!
Closed Thread