Old 03-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Default Vacation Thread - w/ Mini Phase Off

Hey Hey Everyone,

So I’m back…I thought I’d just post in Jenny’s thread but apparently I have a lot to say (decided that after I finished typing it). I re-read Jenny’s thread multiple times before I left and in fact pm ‘d Jenny a few times (thanks for the support). Also pm’d a few of the rest of you that posted that you had gone on vaca and did a mini phase off.

SO, to the juice…I haven’t officially weighed in because I left on a Wednesday morning and came back late Wednesday so my official weigh in isn’t until this coming Wednesday. But I didn’t want to go to Mexico without knowing exactly how much I gained. So I pulled out my own scale for the first time in MONTHS and stepped on it the Wednesday morning I left. Now granted I don’t know the difference between my scale and the clinic’s scale so I don’t know if I gained in phase 3 or not. But on the Wed morning I left my scale said 176…on the Thursday morning I was back (yesterday) it said 183…which I accepted quite easily. I think I actually shrugged and said “ok, now you know…we can fix this”.

Now, I had a lot of constipation issues and I hadn’t gone to the loo going on the third day (yesterday). I usually go anywhere 1-3 times a day so to be going on my third day…was scary to me. So yesterday I took something to battle that and pounded the water. I’m well into my second day of Phase 1, finding it easy…just made up my mind that I wouldn’t be on phase 4 longer then I should. So really phase 4 started when the plane left Canada and stopped when it landed in Canada.

This morning (24 hours later) I’m already 4 lbs down. I’m pretty happy about that! I’m going to keep my scale for the week and after official weigh in on Wednesday I will hide it again.

Now…so all of you know. My week in Mexico was not a free for all HOWEVER I ate what I wanted and drank what I wanted. This includes girlie sugar drinks and tequila shots. HOWEVER, I found that I wasn’t reaching for desserts; I think I had three that week. I was reaching for the restricted veggies. I’d go back for extra tomatoes and grilled onions (they were YUMMY). I asked my girlfriend if she thought I did ok and she said that I would comment on anything that went into my mouth that wasn’t suppose to so she thought I was highly aware of what I was eating and that I didn’t eat a lot. I also asked her if I was annoying with all my talk about food and she laughed and said “no”. Sometimes when I went back for seconds it would be a plate of lettuce with HEAPING massive spoonfuls of salsa. Gawd their salsa was good…and really would be on plan for Phase 1 once a week as it was only lime juice, tomatoes, onions, salt and cilantro…with a bed of lettuce. SO yummy.

I zip lined, rappelled, kayaked, climbed a mayan temple, rode a bike and parasailed…because 120 lbs ago, I was too big to do those things. It was empowering…and fun to do things because I ‘could’.

So that’s my story in a nut shell…I think I over stressed about it. But hey as a tip, I made a poster for myself about why I did this, what’s better about my life now that I’ve lost weight, I named difficult moments that I powered through do stay on this diet AND wrote down quotes that really meant things to me.

“If you don’t look after your body where will you live?” – Kobi Yamada
“you’re going to be great babe, because you have to be” – VIP
“you’re going to be fine when you come back, you’ve come too far to screw this up now” – 3FC buddy
“Ok I’ll give that you’ve tried hard to lose weight but have you tried hard for long enough” – BBFL

I also put a before and after picture on my little poster. I had this done 6 weeks before I left and took it with me to Mexico. I read it a few times and brought it back in my carry on.

I’m back, relaxed, tanned and ready to finish this!

Hope this helps someone…Jenny’s thread really helped me!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #2  
TexasGirl

S/C/G: 173.7/140

Height: 5'7"

Great news and sounds like you had a wonderful time. I have heard so many comments about coming back from vacation, getting back on track and losing the weight often in that first week. I have a vacation in June and looking forward to it. I have decided that I will enjoy myself without guilt....it is only 1 week on my life.

Your update was an inspiration!
Yatese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/187.4/150

Height: 5'4"

That is a great post and just at the right time for me! I am going on a cruise in two weeks and have been thinking about how to stay somewhat on track. I am going to do what you did, eat what I want (within moderation) but be aware of what I am eating. I believe that I will make good choices along with a few treats. Drinks aren't free on the cruise like they are at a AI so I don't think the alcohol will be a problem for me.

Sounds like you had lots of fun, I have been down to that area 4 times in the past and love it!
Renewing Myself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #4  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

You've done amazing and are such an inspiration. There is no doubt that you will finish this. So glad you had a great time and did the things you couldn't do 120lbs ago. Welcome back!!!!! We missed you!!!!!!
frazzledmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Missed you girl! Glad you had fun and enjoyed yourself You are a great role model for everyone, going back to phase 1 no questions asked! I knew you would do great Next time you've got to take me with you
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ishbel, so glad your vacation was a success all the way around. Isn't zip lining fun? I am scared of heights and that was the one thing I wanted to do when we went to Jamaica. I'm glad you were able to jump right back into phase 1 and the pounds are coming off fast. Welcome back.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #7  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Great job! It sounds as if you had a great time!
SewingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Hey Hey Everyone,

“ok, now you know…we can fix this”.
Your story is amazing. You are a real inspiration to me. I'm in Phase 3 and at first, was worried and dreamed about backsliding and gaining it all back, but little by little, I'm beginning to believe that I will NEVER go back to that place. I know what you mean about what you couldn't do before. The weight loss changes everything. Congratulations !!!!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/180

Thanks for sharing! When i started IP I already had a trip booked during week 10 (a girlfriend and I are leaving the kids with our bunnies and heading LA to hang out, walk the beach and go to a taping of Ellen!!) I have been so nervous about this trip mostly bc I font want to get out of ketosis and have to endure that first 5 days of IP!! I felt weak, tiered, headaches and muscle aches. If I ever feel like cheating all I have to do is remind myself what I have to go thru to get back OP!! Your vacation story has made me less nervous. I know I can make a lot of good food choices- I will obviously have some things not allowed on phase 1 but my plan is to enjoy the trip and get right back OP when I get home!
Journey36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:33 AM   #10  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Great job! Glad to hear you had a good time. Welcome back.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:40 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Exciting! What an inspiration!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

SO,

Thanks for the support everyone!

Thought I'd update this. I weighed in last night and recieved a -1.4. And also discovered my clinic scale and my home scale are VERY VERY close, which means I gained 7 lbs on vacation and lost 8 lbs the week I was back.

Going into ketosis was physically very hard for me, I was physically exhausted and quite honestly almost too tired to sleep even though that's what I wanted to do. It was as tough this time as it was the first time (130 lbs ago). My mom never felt that 'ill' (as she put it) when she did this diet so maybe it's different for everyone. However, if anything keeps me 100% is not wanting to feel like that in a vicious cycle (besides not wanting to stall my weight loss)

So this morning is one week 100% - I get my lululemon running shorts now (my reward for one week back on Phase 1).

Here's to less then 10 lbs to goal!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
SO,

Thanks for the support everyone!

Thought I'd update this. I weighed in last night and recieved a -1.4. And also discovered my clinic scale and my home scale are VERY VERY close, which means I gained 7 lbs on vacation and lost 8 lbs the week I was back.

Going into ketosis was physically very hard for me, I was physically exhausted and quite honestly almost too tired to sleep even though that's what I wanted to do. It was as tough this time as it was the first time (130 lbs ago). My mom never felt that 'ill' (as she put it) when she did this diet so maybe it's different for everyone. However, if anything keeps me 100% is not wanting to feel like that in a vicious cycle (besides not wanting to stall my weight loss)

So this morning is one week 100% - I get my lululemon running shorts now (my reward for one week back on Phase 1).

Here's to less then 10 lbs to goal!
Congrats, Ishbel! Isn't it nice to have lost more than you gained on vacation? Enjoy those new running shorts and keep running toward your goal.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:14 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

So happy that you did so well! I know you were nervous about it, and with every right to be.

That is great that you got right back on track and are back to losing. Even though I am in maintenance, a lot of P1 habits are still with me and I am always very aware of what I am eating and how much etc... I find that my sweet tooth is still diminshed as well.

I find that going into P1 now is harder than the 1st time. The first time was when I started IP and of course you have the excitement and motivation to push you through. But now, I am only doing P1 after extravagent weekends or post-vacation, and it is mentally much more challenging. I would definitely recommend staying now in P1 until you hit goal.

I am so happy for you!
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Soo proud of you girl! I knew you could do it and you have done so good! Less than 10lbs to lose, can you believe it. Go and treat yourself
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote