General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Default Food rage? Please tell me I'm not the only one.

And that it gets better?

I am sick and tired of my pre-made breakfasts being eaten. No amount of labeling or talking to or hiding helps. For a week or two it's "oh, sorry, didn't know; forgot, etc." You just ate my breakfast AGAIN, and we are so low on food I am literally ****ed right now. Now I have to find something else with around 300 calories to eat (that isn't pure crap and loaded with sodium) if I want to be anywhere close to my calorie goal at the end of the night. Oh god, and then on top of that there's brownies out on the counter top and pizza in the fridge. WHY? I'm trying to resist.

I really don't like it when people **** with my food, and so I am doing something I really shouldn't have to do: I am going to shell out 75 bucks to buy my own mini fridge/freezer.

I also really don't like my reactions when people DO. Is anyone else really...I don't know how to put it, angry/anxious around food? It drives me insane when people take huge helpings and don't eat it all, or leave it out so it goes bad when someone else could have had it, or WHEN SOMEONE EATS MY FOOD.

I feel bad for being so mean, but it's like this primal switch of pure rage gets turned on, lmao, and it just pisses me off to no end.

Last edited by yhahmd; 03-20-2012 at 11:42 AM.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #2  
threenorns

oh, yeah. i've got a 5yr old who is at the stage of asking for this, that, and the other, takes two bites and doesn't want it.

just threw out about 5lbs of various birthday cakes that was just turning to cement on the countertop.

went to poach some eggs - there aren't any.
decided i'd have a salad - it's all gone and of course nobody else can do any shopping.

i have a fallback, though - i use shakes.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #3  

I'm seriously considering getting me some of those, for breakfast especially. Normally I make mine the night before, but sometimes if it's something super simple I just wait until the next day. Well the people I live with eat about 6 MEALS a day, so fat chance of it still being there in the morning.

What kind of shakes do you use? I'm debating Boost?
Old 03-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 151/145/125

Height: 5'6

Personally, I wouldn't care if someone ate my stuff at home because I can just fix more of it or eat something else. And I just love taking care of my family and making sure that they were fed.

However it would piss me off if this was at work. So I usually make it look like I have taken a bite off my food before I put it in the fridge.. People usually think twice about taking food that someone else has already started eating.
nina125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #5  

Well here's the reason I'm so irate this morning: I made a bowl of tuna the day before and had it for breakfast, lunch the next day, and it was supposed to be my breakfast today. It was close to being gone, but I spread it on crackers in that case.

I know you guys might be thinking "well maybe they saw it was empty and just took it out and cleaned it to be nice," that is not what happened. They don't do that. Ever. In fact, I thought we had an understanding that we wouldn't touch/use each others foods at all (their terms, not mine, amazingly.) Plus the bowl is missing, which means its in their room.

Basically, I know exactly what they did, and taking it out to be nice was not it.

I'm just...so irritated! My food and exercise is one of the few things I have control over, take my breakfast away and I'm screwed for the day. Surprisingly we actually had some squished bread in the freezer so I made a ham and cheese sandwich. :/
Old 03-20-2012, 11:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5'7

That would piss me off too, especially if it was labeled. If your friends or family know you are doing this to lose weight it is not really supportive of your goals. If it doesn't stop yeah, get your own fridge.

Try explaining to them why you do that, and what your goals are. And make sure there is lots of easy stuff for them to grab instead of your food!

At work nobody touches my stuff cause it is all diet food LOL. All guys, they don't come near it..except my yogurt.......
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #7  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I know how you feel I rage each time my chicken is gone. I grill up a bunch every week or so and use it to make lunch for the week. My brother can easily sit down and eat half a week's lunch and I won't know until I go looking for it.

I hide it in the back corner of one of the bottom drawers of the fridge. I know hiding food is supposed to be "bad" but that's the only way I can make sure I have lunch!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I hope you can keep your freezer in a locked room. Sounds like your family know no boundaries.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 193.4 / 133.0 / 120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina125 View Post
However it would piss me off if this was at work. So I usually make it look like I have taken a bite off my food before I put it in the fridge.. People usually think twice about taking food that someone else has already started eating.
I was going to recommend doing this, hehe.

That's pretty disrespectful of them to continue eating your food like this after already being told HANDS OFF!

Next time, I'd tell them..."FYI, I licked the food you ate without asking."
hle82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

This drives me absolutely crazy! Mostly, it's with my father... now, I don't mind sharing if he asks, but that's the key here, he needs to ask. Not only do I cook healthy meals that are portioned so I'll count on having leftovers to rely on for the next few days, what I cook is vegan. My father, who is the farthest thing you can get from vegan, always has plenty of food he can eat available but doesn't want to cook so he'd much rather help himself to mine, which leaves me with nothing to eat. When he eats my planned, portioned food, that's it, I have no other options- just nothing to eat.

I tried to talk to him about it and he agreed he would ask me from now on, but he's helped himself a few times since then.

( By the way, before anyone calls me out for it being my father, first of all I do happily serve him my food on days I agree to cook for the family.. in the next couple weeks, for instance, I'll be making several dinners that my mother and father are looking forward to taking part of. And no, he does not buy my food or financially contribute in that regard at all. )
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #11  
I'm so sexy it hurts

S/C/G: (275 preggo) 245/183/<165

Height: 5'8'"

Is this family?!

Cause it sounds like sabotauge (sp sorry) I have had coworkers mess with my lunches just because they were bitter. Thought I was being a B or something because I was bringing lunch instead of eating the food. (Worked at McD) or bitter about theirown weight. People do weird things sometimes
Kriket84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:49 PM   #12  

One of them is family, the other isn't. I'm just getting my own fridge. Whatever. I guess I can't have anything. *grumpy*
Old 03-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #13  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I'd be pissed just because it takes a lot of effort for me not to be lazy and Premake my damn food. I for one am lucky I live alone though so I don't worry about that. If I was at work and someone ate my food I'd probably punch them in the face. (not literally but I'd have a screaming raging ***** fit which would be just as ugly.)
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #14  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

That really sucks. You would hope home would be the one place that you didn't have to worry about your food.

Do you think they would eat your food if it was in a closed up lunch bag in the fridge? I had to resort to this at work - Target has these neoprene ones that zip shut for about $10.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:48 PM   #15  

Height: 5'5"

I had a room mate who did that all the time. She never bought groceries, and she would not honor my minimal limit at the time -- do not drink my last diet coke. She would literally bring in a group of friends and eat all of my food, and I could not afford it at the time. So, after a few months, I created my own mini kitchen in my bedroom closet, and I kept my bedroom locked. My mini kitchen was just a fridge and shelves of food. I never told her that I had an entire stash in my closet, but I am sure she noticed that I was no longer feeding her.

But I encourage my family to eat my healthy foods as much as possible. I want them all to be healthy, too. It makes it easier for me to have them around as long as possible and to feel great about being home.
lettingslenderin is offline   Reply With Quote