General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-19-2012, 02:05 AM   #1  

Default Falling

I fell on the kitchen floor last night. I have no idea how it happened, I think the tread on my shoe just stuck and I tripped over my own feet. It was an awkward fall, I twisted and hit my shoulder off the butcher's block, turned my ankle and landed somehow on my knee, then elbow, catching my fingers backwards and my head on the kitchen cabinet. I ended up on my back.

The thing is I believe I was lucky. This morning there are no sprains, breaks or swellings, just a little soreness and bruising.

What struck me most is how intensely vulnerable I felt, and sad.

I found it terribly difficult to get up. Not too long ago I introduced floor work to my exercise regime (which has been compromised for the last three weeks and I feel it) and I struggled badly and then gave up, thinking it was too soon and I must shed a load more weight before I tackle it.

It hurts, not just physically, but emotionally.

Last edited by Sinoia; 03-19-2012 at 02:05 AM.
Sinoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 308/307/198

Height: 5'2"

I can really understand this feeling.

I live alone and so every time something bad happens, or whenever I feel scared, I realize I'm all alone and very vulnerable. Sometimes I think about what would happen if I fell in the shower, or if I had a health crisis. No one would be there to help me. I hate it.

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon.
Amy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #3  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy23 View Post
I can really understand this feeling.

I live alone and so every time something bad happens, or whenever I feel scared, I realize I'm all alone and very vulnerable. Sometimes I think about what would happen if I fell in the shower, or if I had a health crisis. No one would be there to help me. I hate it.
ah yep me too, I always think if I choke on something, or injure myself really badly no one would ever know or notice me gone because I live alone. Except if I didn't call my parents for a couple of weeks they'd start to notice(but they live across the country so I can imagine what my mother feels)...ah I'm leaving this thread now before I depress myself in thinking I'm going to die a lonely death soon...lol (my head wanders too much sorry lol)

I hope you feel better
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote