South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 06:21 AM   #1  
Mous

Thumbs down Give me a little hug...Beach DAILY 8/7

These {{hugs's}} for ALL of you!

I hope you are feeling the warmth from my hug. It is a good feeling to have arms around you. You don't have to utter a word. A smile comes across your face and the 2 people involved know that they are loved and cared for.

A hug is such a simple thing to do. All you need are 2 arms, a good intention and someone to receive your hug. It can be a significant other, a spouse, a friend, a child, relative or even someone at the office, church, store....the list can go on.

Just as a smile can brighten up your day, a hug makes you feel tingly all over. It generates a good feeling for the entire day. It costs nothing to give, but you are richer for doing it.

NUTS!!
I need to join a nuts support group! I was doing wonderfully counting out my 30 for 2 1/2 weeks...then WHAM! I lost count....no ill side effects...AND I enjoyed every last one of them...but,......I am powerless over them at times. I am just happy that they weren't chips, ice cream OR chocolate. I can live with this and I will keep eating them (well, I have to buy MORE!) because nuts ARE good for you and it will help me learn CONTROL!

I wish for you a day filled with a hug or two.

As always,

Marcie...... You deserved to know my REAL name and yesterday my door opened all the way to let you into my life. I don't say good bye to Lady, but Marcie is here to stay.

Old 08-07-2003, 06:29 AM   #2  

BTW, today is Leens, the moderator of the Depression and Weight Loss forum, birthday. If you have a minute say Happy Birthday to her!
Old 08-07-2003, 07:13 AM   #3  

Good morning to eveyone!

Don't forget that hugging your kitty can put a smile on your face as well.

Day 4 for me. I am kind of getting a little bored with meat, cheese, and eggs. But, I stepped on my scale this morning (a big NO-NO this soon) and I am already down 6 lbs since Monday. I know I will not keep this pace and I know most of it is water weight, but it was a great motivation to keep eating meat, cheese, and eggs!

I have a super busy day, so I checked in early.

Have a surfin' Beach Day!!!

Nikki
Old 08-07-2003, 07:18 AM   #4  
In Control: E+R=O

Good Morning all!

Many {{hugs}} back to you Marcie, for all that you give us each day with your inspirational posts! Nuts are hard for me too, I can't control myself and stay within the 30 nut limit for pistachios. So for now, I'm staying away from them, but soon I'm going to try them again.

Luv, glad it's going well for you so far, but don't forget your veggies. They are important, and you need to eat them in addition to the meat, eggs, and cheese.

WOW, I can't believe all of the posts on yesterday's daily thread! I didn't have a chance to visit the board yesterday, and I sure have a lot of reading to do to try to catch up. It's great to see so many new names, lots of new people trying this wonderful new WOL!

My sister went home yesterday....two days after her hysterectomy (which was done via abdominal surgery)! Her doctor and nurses were amazed by her quick recovery. Her doctor initially wanted to keep her until Friday, but my sister was determined to go home yesterday, because her daughter (my niece) is pregnant and was being induced yesterday and my sis wanted to be there when the baby is born. My niece was induced yesterday, but as of last night still no baby....hopefully I'll hear something this morning.

I've been really good about sticking to my goal of drinking my water this week, and I actually think I'm becoming addicted to the water! I find myself starting to crave it. I guess if I have to exchange one addiction (carbs!) for another, water is a good thing to become addicted to!

Have a great day at the beach ladies. I have to get to work, and hopefully will have time to catch up with all of yesterday's posts later.

Sandy

Oops, forgot to say Happy Birthday to Leens!!! Have a wonderful day!!

Last edited by twodogmom; 08-07-2003 at 07:24 AM.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:31 AM   #5  
Imagine...

Good Morning!

Right back at ya Lady, ((((HUG<HUG))))

So glad to hear about your sister 2Dog.

Luv ~ I HUG my pets everyday and it puts a smile on all our faces!

Nuts are a big trigger food for me also, it's better if I don't even have them in my house. We just got approved on the refinance of our house. We will have a little cash left over, but the nicest part is we will save $400.00 per month. I don't know anyone who couldn't use an extra 400 per month. I am so happy!! It should go through in about 30 days.

Have a beachy day and hug someone, it will make you both happy!
Old 08-07-2003, 07:44 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Hugs back, Marcie.
I hear ya re: the nuts. I ate a bag of about 100 the other day. I have a callus on my right forefinger from opening them.

Nikki, congratulations on the 6 pounds!!

Twodog, how wonderful that your sister is doing so well! I hope that her daughter has an easy time.

Sflake, that is GREAT news! What are you going to buy?

Coton, it IS pretty overwhelming, isn't it! Your clothes are falling off you!?

Hello to everyone else. I'm thinking of going back to bed.
I've been up since 4:30 this morning. Started worrying about my Dad, and decided I may as well get up and distract myself on the computer.
Old 08-07-2003, 08:02 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I hug my darling dogs every morning and it certainly helps but it's nice to get a cyber hug too. I especially need at least one after having a really crappy day yesterday. The food wasn't so bad but Life and I were on different wavelengths. I'll rant in my Journal, not here.

Today is going to be a busy day so I won't be around much. I am amazed at the number of posts on yesterday's daily! That has to be a record for a daily on this Forum! Of course, Ellis and Whimsey did go on and on!

Off to do my journal, check out posts and then start this day. (By the way, for those of you waiting for freedom to post whatever you want, I'll be checking in from Linda's PC and from my daughter's when I'm on the West Coast so be careful!)

Hugs to all.
Old 08-07-2003, 08:29 AM   #8  

To all of you!!!
thanks for the wonderful posts Lady....

Glad to see you all on the beach today.
As I've posted yesterday...all is not well for me
I'm needing a good kick in the butt....I've been taken in by the carb/sugar ...AUGH!!!!
I'm so bloated today, and I know I've gained....I need to get control again.

The one good thing...I took the puppy out for a 2 mile walk last night...I had to do something

It's been wonderful to see all the new posts here Although now it's hard to mention everyone individually....

Keep up the great work... and somebody please beat the away from me...

Di
Old 08-07-2003, 08:35 AM   #9  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Angry A HUG A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY!

Grouphug to all u Beachin Babes!
  • LADY MARCIE~Special name for a special lady,thanks! I bought some pistachios lst wk,ate 1 & tasted so good decided "NOWAY", I cld see that fast train taking me straight to disaster,,WW has a post cld JSNTN(just say no to nuts),I decided that wasnt such a bad idea
  • ELLIS~Prayers out for ur DAD,"Were 2 come in prayer,God wl b there",stay positive
  • Cant stay around any longer,but wl b bk to post again later,,time to hit the pavement,109 yesterday...........WILL CATCH ALL U BABES I DIDNT MENTION ON MY NEXT POST...HAPPY BEACHIN.........GOFISHIN
Old 08-07-2003, 08:35 AM   #10  
Mous

Talking DI

I did my foot exercise, put on my best pointed shoe, geared up for a run at your BUTT! and STOPPED....

Decided to give you a {{HUG}} instead.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and pat yourself on the back for being honest and knowing that you made a mistake. It is only one so remember it, for posterity, but forget it now and move on.

Have a nice day,
Marcie
Old 08-07-2003, 08:37 AM   #11  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Talking Thanks...I needed that!

Marcie....thanks SO much for the cyber hug! After a couple of rough days there is nothing like a nice hug to remind you of all the good things in life.

I couldn't believe the number of posts yesterday, either! There was no way I could respond to everyone!

Nikki-try not to get bored or you'll have a harder time sticking to it (I speak from experience! ) I have had to reinvent breakfast so I could stand it! New recipes, new spices, new ingredients...new YOU! Congrats on getting off to a roaring start!

twodog-so glad to hear your sister is on the mend! And big congrats to you for keeping your weekly goal of drinking more water. That is my goal this week as well, and so far, so good.

sflake-congrats on your refi and the extra money it will put in your pocket! I, too, am a nutaholic. I don't even let my DH bring them in the house! It kind of helps that I'm not supposed to eat them because of my braces! Now if only my orthodontist would restrict chocolate, bread, pastries...

Ellis-Yikes...go back to bed and get some sleep! I know that is where I am headed as soon as I finish this post!

Ruth-I can empathize with being at odds with life..I've had a couple of days like that, too! Hang in there!

Work is fixing to kill me this week. We ordinarily have between 5-10 warrants to enter into 2 separate computer systems every night...on top of our regular work (answer both emergency & nonemergency lines, dispatch the officers, run queries on licenses and registrations, etc.) Last night the court sent down 38 warrants! That is more than we usually get in a week. It will take me the rest of the week to catch up...and then only if they don't send down any more. Okay, I'm done complaining. I'm gainfully employed in a growth industry (crime) so I should count my blessings!

Take care all, and have a wonderful, hug-filled, day!
Old 08-07-2003, 08:46 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

What a scary thought! Crime is a growth industry!
Old 08-07-2003, 08:46 AM   #13  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning and a big hug to everybody.
(a special {{{HUG}}} to Marcie~thanks for the daily inspirational)

My scale has been saying 128 since Monday afternoon, so I'm taking possession of it right now before TOM takes it away I haven't seen that number on my scale since last year

Ellis~~You and your Dad are in my prayers. I know how stressed and worried I was a few months ago when my Mom was having part of her lung removed. You don't realize how it can be until it shows up with insomnia. I developd a twitch in my eyelid that stayed for months. All you can do is pray and be there for them. Keep me updated , OK?

Tippy~~~HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GAL

2Dog~~~I'm so glad that your sis made it home and is healing well. Let us know when the baby arrives

Ruth~~I hope you have a better day today

Sflake~~Congrats on the refinance. I just went through that, too.
Ellis and I think alike~the first thing I think of when I hear "extra money" is "what can I buy?"

Nikki~~~Way to go on losing 6 pounds

Didi~~Listen to marcie!!!!!!

All to come~~~have a great day and don't forget to hug somebody
Old 08-07-2003, 10:14 AM   #14  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

GOOD MORNING!!!
Been trying to get here for the last hour, and my computer wouldn't let me!!
DS13 and I are off to my parents' house, and I'm running late (again!), but wanted to check in before I left.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:23 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Den, it's not the computer. The 3FC server was down.
Closed Thread