Old 03-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Red Team 2012 Resolution Revolution CHAT Thread Week 11 (03/12-03/18)

We lost 6.8 lbs or 0.28% as a team

Our top loser (pamelama) didn't post to the chat thread, so our leaders this week:

Red Team Biggest Loser:
omgzitsmiranda (-3.5 lbs, -1.50 %)

Honourable Mentions:
wuv2bloved (-3 lbs, -1.17 %)
loose seal (-1 lbs, -0.64 %)
shanhat81 (-0.8 lbs, -0.51 %)

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #2  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

I got an honorable mention? How'd I do that??

The scale just doesn't seem to want to go down. Two weeks to get that lb off and this morning the damn scale bounced back up to 157. Grrrrr. Just started using My Fitness Pal and that is saying for me to eat my exercise cals back. I've been eating in the 1500-1700 cal range anyways the past few weeks (which would be my exercise cals) and the scale is being stubborn. Ugh, I'm frustrated because I'm doing what I should be but the scale is not cooperating.

eta: I've been doing C25K the past 6 weeks or so, 3/week and various other workouts the other 2/3 days. I thought that would move the scale more but perhaps I was wrong. So I'm going back to what I had been doing -- total various workouts (Supreme 90 Day, Slimdown Xtreme, Total Body workouts, etc.) 3/4 days a week and the C25K 2 days/week. Maybe that'll shake the fat off!

Last edited by loose seal; 03-12-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 193/153.4/145

Height: 5'6" Low Carb WOE

I can totally relate to that mean scale, Looseseal. I've got to do clear liquids all day Tuesday for a test on wednesday. Maybe my scale will cooperate this week!
Old 03-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 187/190/145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
I've been doing C25K the past 6 weeks or so
Good for you! I have started and stopped that so many times. A co-worker is trying to convince me to join a local running group. They offer a learn to run program and have free runs twice a week

Still thinking about it but it would start next Monday

Also congrats on the honourable mention
Old 03-14-2012, 12:37 AM   #5  

Hi REd Team,
We are having a beautiful week it's supposed to be in the 70's all week and into next week. Today I went out walking ( and a little bit of running) and was able to wear a tshirt without a jacket. Not bad for March in Iowa. The only downside is the influx of boxelder bugs and asian beetles. They are both nasty bugs from he**.
Tomorrow I'm going to be doing some yard work and woking in my flower gardens. I am also going to plant some leaf lettuce in pots outside then I can bring them in if the weather gets cold. I saw some leaf lettuce in the grocery store the other day but it was $4 a pound, I can have it for free if I am willing to wait.(I have some seed left from last year)

I hope everyone has a great week< I'm going to go write in my journal and dream of gardening.
Bette K
Old 03-14-2012, 07:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Congrats to the big losers!!!

I feel like TOM is going to start anytime. I was up 1 lb this morning. Hopefully that will correct itself by Sunday. Have a great week.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #7  

Bette- envious of your warmer weather. Can't complain, but not that warm. Enjoy!

Zogo, hope your test goes smoothly today

Mary- I'm right with you this month, blah.

Canuck girl- I've always been a solo runner. I've been hesitant to make that leap to group running. I'd be curious to hear how it goes.

Loose seal I'm looking for another way to gauge my weight loss (or lack there of). Rather than relying on the scale every day..but haven't figured out how to do it yet.

52 changes this week is to read your labels. The be thing I always loom at is what is the serving size and how many calories in the serving. What do you focus on when reading labels? Are you still drinking your water? Getting enough rest? I slept like crap last night. Too many weird dreams worrying about my sons soccer game (going for the gold medal in their division) tonight.
Have a great Wednesday all!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 187/190/145

Height: 5'5

Stepped on the scale Monday and Tuesday and was back down to 175. I don't know how this week is going to end up since my TOM just started. I will just have to be careful when it comes to things like salty foods.

Quote:
I've always been a solo runner. I've been hesitant to make that leap to group running. I'd be curious to hear how it goes.
CanadaMel I will let you know how it goes. The main reason I signed up for the learn to run was simply because I haven't been able to stick with it myself. I also figure it is a good idea to have someone look over my form (plus I figure if I have to pay for it, I will actually show up). . I don't imagine I would only do group runs. I don't take part in a lot of group classes either, I generally like to have my mp3 player with me instead.

Quote:
52 changes this week is to read your labels. The be thing I always loom at is what is the serving size and how many calories in the serving. What do you focus on when reading labels? Too many weird dreams worrying about my sons soccer game (going for the gold medal in their division) tonight.
LIke you I too focus on the calories per serving first. I occasionally look at the sodium and fat content (it depends on what I am eating) but I always look at calories

Let us know how the game goes!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #9  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Happy Wednesday everyone! Hope your week is going well
Woo Hoo on biggest loser! We all GOT THIS! Proud of everyone for staying on track
Old 03-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #10  

Happy Friday & day before St. Patrick's Day red team!

Well the boys played well & took home the Silver medal in their division.

Now hopefully I'll have some more free time (dream on) for myself.

Hope everyone is havng a good week. Still waiting for TOM to start- stress of the games is making it delayed (I guess) - wonderful!

End of next week- spring break starts- I'm so ready for a few days off from work!
Old 03-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #11  

Scale is STILL stubbornly sitting at 157. Three weeks. Ugh.

Switched the exercise back to what I had been doing and basically got annoyed using My Fitness Pal with their 'net calories' and 'eat back your exercise cals'. stuff and trying to figure out how many cals a cardio/weight/body workout dvd might burn. Too much time being spent on that. Blarg. So I'm keeping it simple and counting my cals, trying to keep them in the 1400 range. Which, as we all know, is easier some days than others. <sigh>
Old 03-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #12  

GGGaaaaaaahhhhhhh.

That is all.

Last edited by loose seal; 03-17-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 193/153.4/145

Height: 5'6" Low Carb WOE

Happy St Patty's Day Red Team!
Mel, congrats to your boys for winning Silver!
I went out for dinner with friends I haven't seen since HS last night. I behaved and so did the scale. Didn't gain an ounce, yay! Now I will just have to avoid anything that looks or smells like BEER today. Green or otherwise. I sent DH to the store for ONLY a 6-Pack of Harp (Irish Beer) for our guests last night in case they had a drink before we left for dinner. I didn't want that temptation hanging around the house as I love a GOOD beer. Lite doesn't really do it for me when I choose to partake. He comes home with a 12 pack of Harp and a 4 pack of Guiness Stout plus 6 Bass Ale (his favorite) AND nobody drank one as we had wine instead. So I have 22 yummy Irish/English beers staring me down this St Paddy's day. PLUS my alma mater is playing my son's college in March Madness today. Lord, give me willpower!
Old 03-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #14  

Harp beer is sooooo good. Quite the temptation ... good luck resisting it!
Old 03-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #15  

Oh zogo. I wouldn't be able to resist. I love a good black & tan or a snakebite (harp & cider).
I am allowing myself a pint of Guinness to go with dinner.
Happy St . Patricks Day all!