Old 03-08-2012, 10:03 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4

Default late night snacking

I have figured out if I move my workout to around 9-10 pm then I don't snack at night. Here's to hoping it keeps on working. Does anyone have any other tips??
KeriHallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #2  
threenorns

yes: if you're hungry at night, work it into your diet and have a late snack.

that old saw about not eating at night has been debunked. it's what you eat over time, and i'm talking a period of a few days, not what you eat in the moment. your body really doesn't care when you eat. have a light snack at night and you'll have less stress which will do good things for your weight-loss efforts.

Last edited by threenorns; 03-08-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:39 AM   #3  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

I used to have horrible urges to snack at night. Then I shifted my eating schedule and now have my last meal (and last food, period) at 9pm. That keeps me full well past bedtime (I can stay full until at least like 2am).
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #4  
Long Hauling It

S/C/G: 365/208/190

Height: 6' 3"

I have been struggling with night eating a lot lately. I've found if I go to bed very tired (or maybe take some Melatonin), and don't drink a lot before bed (so I don't have to pee), I'll sleep more soundly and be less likely to get up to eat.
shapedself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #5  

Part of why I gained so much weight was because I started this habbit of eating another meal right before bed. It wasn't because of the time that made it so bad for me, it was because I was eating an entire second dinner.

I'm pretty stubborn, so for me it was a matter of saying out loud "I'm not snacking at night anymore" and that was that.

I was having a problem staying on a multi-vitamin, so the doctor gave me some samples of gummy vitamins and they taste good, kind of like candy. I eat them while I'm making dinner or after dinner like a snack. I think that helps too because I feel like I've done a little cheating.
BusyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:30 AM   #6  

I have started to cut some carbs and I have noticed that I can eat at 5:30 and I don't go to bed until 1-2 am and I am not hungry at all! The low carb thing is keeping me pretty full. I am cutting my portion size too and I don't eat half what I used too.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 206/165/140

Height: 5' 5.75''

This might not be applicable to everyone but as I contemplated baking cookies tonight I heard the voice of ET tell me to " be good" and the I climbed into bed
Aunrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #8  

Wow I wish ET would have spoken to me last night! Great job Aunrio! i had to call my sister and make her help me not eat my kids little debbie cakes for their lunch boxes. Those darn Zebra cakes just sitting their are killing me!!!!
Old 03-16-2012, 02:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 206/165/140

Height: 5' 5.75''

Fudge rounds are my arch nemesis with their evil sidekick oatmeal creme pies. I still have a preschooler and a toddler so I don't keep an abundance of treats for school that are simultaneously tempting to mommy. I may have to buy the snacks and then make the weeks worth of lunches so that every cake has an assigned place that I would disrupt if I were to eat it. Until I have to face that challenge, I will keep an ear out for ET.
Aunrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #10  
Wanna-be-Thin-Mama

S/C/G: 225/Ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Girl Scout cookies are KILLING me right now! I haven't touched them, but I swear everytime I walk by the counter I hear the "Thanks-A-Lots" calling to me... EEEEAAATTT MMEEEEEE!
Jiggles81 is offline   Reply With Quote