Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:09 AM   #1  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Default Don't know what to do with this pain-vent/whine

I just went ahead and deleted this. Sorry for the whine. I know it's unlikely for someone to have advice to help with this and you all are dealing with worse problems. I hope you get relief.

Last edited by 4star; 03-09-2012 at 11:51 AM.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:30 AM   #2  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

You could have left it up!!! We all have our issues and none are too small to be recognized. I hope you're feeling better. I am dealing with chronic pain so I can relate.
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:46 AM   #3  
On a Mission

Thanks. I almost feel silly complaining here when so many people have it worse, just been struggling with pain a lot lately. I was told my arthritis would improve with weight loss but it has not. I've always had it in my limbs and am used to that but it's set up in my spine and that causes nerve pain in my limbs that gets pretty miserable. It's just been bad lately and there's little to nothing left to do about it. The meds I have to take for it make me feel so yucky but they help the pain. Most of the time, I have a good attitude about it but back-to-back bad pain days can be really hard on the attitude.

I have also been struggling with what they think is an inner ear thing that makes me dizzy. And for the last few months I've been having urinary issues. Such is life. I really am blessed and try not to whine about it too much. I am grateful for the function I have that so many other don't.

I waiver between not wanting to post about it and thinking that someone else might be in this same spot, needing to know that not everyday is a bad one. I also get hopeful that maybe, just maybe, someone will know of an option I've overlooked.

Thank You for the well wishes. If I do figure out something that brings relief, I'll be sure to post about it.

Last edited by 4star; 03-15-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #4  
threenorns

never be worried about how bad your problem is compared to someone else's. if we all went that route, none of us would have a right to say anything once we look at the problems in darfur.

your concerns and issues are just as valid *for you* as someone else's AIDS or leukemia is *for them*.

aside from which, trying to help others with their problems makes most ppl feel better about theirs.

i have arthritis, too. it's in my right hip and if i don't lose 100lbs total, i'm going to need a hip replacement which will not be approved unless i lose weight.

nice, eh?

my bff has arthritis that suddenly popped up in her right knee - swells up like a football. she also has Lupus, fibromyalgia, and possibly MS. those are all autoimmune diseases.

so far, she's cautiously optimistic about a tbsp of raw honey taken with 1/2 tsp of cinnamon twice daily. she says the swelling in her knee hasn't been as bad and hasn't needed her pain meds quite as much. it's only been a week and a half so it needs a bit more time.

if you want to try it, two things: first off, get *cinnamomum* - that's REAL cinnamon - and not cassia (it's most often what is used for cinnamon: it's darker and has a harsher flavour; real cinnamon is paler in colour and has a more floral bouquet). the reason is both cinnamomum and cassia contain blood thinner - coumarin - but cassia has way more of it.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:33 AM   #5  
On a Mission

Thanks. Yes, I have tried cinnamon, also glucosamine and chondroitin. My blood doesn't clot properly so unfortunately that closes the door on NSAIDs and some natural supplements. My body is so strange but it carries me where I need to go.

I am due to see my doc again soon. The pain and balance issues really worry me sometimes that something neurological is going on but she says we'll cross that bridge if and when we get to it. I am getting an MRI soon for my inner ear so if something is amiss, it will likely show up. She very encouraging and was the only doc who saw past my age and actually did xrays to verify that I was arthritic(like I had told many other docs who said I was "too young for all that"). I had been pushed off my so many docs who said it was b/c of my weight and she actually believed me. She'll be happy about my weight loss. She cheers me on and helps me figure out ways to work around my obstacles. My doc is really worth her weight in gold. I'd be much worse off physically right now without her and likely still very obese.

My idea about it is to keep on going. It's actually easier to keep going than to sit and let myself get stiff. Besides, the pain in my legs from sitting too long is worse than the pain of moving too long. If nothings else, my muscles are stronger and I carry around a lot less weight. That's good, even if it doesn't decrease the pain.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #6  

I was just reading through this thread
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/s...+cider+vinegar
on myfitnesspal message boards a little while back and I remembered that a lot of people taking apple cider vinegar (with the "mother" in it) had great improvement in their arthritis and joint pain. It couldn't hurt to try. The recommended dosage and how to take it is in the thread also.

Sorry you are hurting so bad, I really hope you get some relief soon

Last edited by jomatho; 03-15-2012 at 09:57 AM.
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote