Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 12:24 PM   #1  

Wink what are some ways ya'll drink water

I've been reading the threads and the most common suggestion is ..drink water( OK if God really wanted me to drink water he would have made me a fish ! I dont like the stuff) Anyways I have been buying flavored waters but that kinda gets $$. So , does anyone have any suggestions on how I can flavor my regular water so I dont have to grow gills !

Also is there something I can substitute for water? Tea? Crystal light? Kool aid? Diet drink??

Waiting to learn the wicked ways of drinking aqua
Old 08-06-2003, 12:38 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

major points: stay away from soda... even the diet soda... and don't drink your calories. and limit your caffeine

crystal light, or any similar version [i like wyler's raspberry and pink lemonade], fruit 2O, kool aid made with sweetener. you can also add extracts to regular water.

decaf coffee and tea are just fine. and making sun tea with those wonderful herbal teas is a real treat!

as for amounts: here we go... a little graphic description so be warned...

you should drink enough that your pee is just about clear for most of the day. if it's dark yellow or amber in the morning, you are dehydrated and need to drink more.

so, how much does that come to????? for me, it's a bare minimum of 100 oz a day. sometimes 120 if it's really hot!!!!

so, drink up darlin!!!!! so far, i'm behind. and that's 20 oz of crystal light and 12 oz water and 32 oz iced tea!!!!
Old 08-06-2003, 12:58 PM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I'm not a good one to ask, as I have kidney problems & cannot drink more than 2 liters of water per day.

The kidney doctor said any unsweetened drink is pretty much water. You don't need the sugar, you don't need any chemicals. It's a slow process, weaning yourself. I started in 1996 & now rarely drink soda, if I do it's a treat. Before, I used to pound Snapple & diet Coke all day.

So if you were to make yourself a pitcher of Lipton Iced tea (unsweetened, NOT diet, there is a difference), I'd say that counts as water. But again, I am not the norm. I like my water, am actually sad that I'm not allowed to drink more.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:11 PM   #4  

Any drink that is non-caffeinated can be counted as water intake. The thing to consider is that it can be counted as calories and sugar too! Just a reminder that caffeine has a dehydrating effect (diuretic), so you have to increase your water intake for each caffeinated beverage you drink.

Have you tried adding oranges, lime or lemons to your water? Maybe keep a pitcher in the fridge with some citrus slices in it. It's enough to subtly flavour the water without adding chemicals, plus it's not as expensive as buying special flavoured water.

Good luck with the H20!

Kris
261-188-155

Last edited by looosingit; 08-06-2003 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:15 PM   #5  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I hate sweetners. They give me headaches because I drink so much water. Here are some of my favorites:

-Decaf Ice Tea (remember, anything you drink should be decaf to count as water).
-Fresh Lemon. Fresh Lime. Squeeze your heart out.
-Seltzer water (no calories) with Torani Sugar-Free Syrups.

I have no problems drinking just plain ol' water (I love the stuff). You'll grow to like it. Try changing the tempature of the water. One of the women I worked with hated drinking water. Later she learned she loved room tempature water because cold water made her teeth hurt!
Old 08-06-2003, 01:15 PM   #6  

If you’re on Weight Watchers, you can substitute up to 2 non-caffeine drinks (such as Crystal Light) a day for 2 of your 8 oz waters.

As for me, I love water. But I do have a tendency to drink too much diet Coke and forget to drink my daily water intake. At work I have a large 20ounce cup that I fill up twice a day. Then at home I have a huge 32ounce jug that I fill up the minute I get home from work and drink from it all night. Plus I have a large glass of water with my vitamins in the morning. As for diet Coke now, I try to use that as a treat in the afternoon after I’ve drunk my 2 20ounce glasses of water at work.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:43 PM   #7  
missaprylj

I agree with Goddess Jessica... the water will grow on you. I used to HATE HATE water, now I can't live without it. (Well, no one can, but you get the picture, lol.) My secret is I drink artesian water, we have a couple springs in town here and my LOVING dad goes and fills up all of my jugs for me, heehee. Otherwise, putting citrus chunks in it always tastes good.... also, try it at room temperature. I like it like that too. -Apryl

Old 08-06-2003, 01:48 PM   #8  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Well I'm not much help because I love water. I drink 96oz a day. I use a 32oz cup at home and 32oz bottle at work.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I sometimes put a slice of lemon in my water. I like water, however, so it hasn't been a problem for me. I use filtered water and ice because I like my water cold.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:37 PM   #10  
diamondgeog

I just found gallon bottles of Arizona Ice Tea Diet Green Tea with ginseng. It is made with splenda, I wish it was just unsweetened but it does taste good and green tea is suppose to be very good for you. The gallon cost $2.99 at my Target store.

Old 08-06-2003, 09:45 PM   #11  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I just read this article about water. If I go by this I should be drinking 144oz a day. See what you all think. This would not be to hard for me being I like water and tipically drink 96 to 128 oz anyway.

http://www.freeweightlosscenter.com/article31.htm
Old 08-06-2003, 09:52 PM   #12  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Decaf or herbal teas are nice. I make two pitchers of iced tea for our household. The one on the top shelf is "regular" sweetened, caffienated Lipton. The one on the bottom is decaf or herbal, unsweetened. If there are leaves in it, it's mint. If it's pinkish, it's Celestial Seasons herbal (orange spice or cranberry apple). Sometimes it's decaf Earl Grey (a real treat).

I'm another one who likes water without ice. The only time I want cold water is when I'm gardening or working out. The rest of the time it needs to be room temperature.

A squirt of lemon or lime juice livens it up (and the juice is less expensive and messy than fresh, though it doesn't really compare in taste).

As to the caffeine issue, I've real conflicting views on that. Some say if you have a cup of coffee, you have to balance it with an extra glass of water. Others say that if you're used to caffeine (drink it every day) you build up some immunity to the diuretic effect.

The way I do it, I count iced tea as water whether or not its decaffeinated. I don't count coffee as water, but I don't drink extra water to compensate, either.

Overall, the urine color test is a good indicator, as someone mentioned above.
Closed Thread