Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 02-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/210/160

Height: 5' 10"

Default Kombucha

I'm not sure if I put this in the right place because it is not for weight loss, but curious if anyone has used it. The brand I'm looking at is GT's Kombucha drink. My brother uses it now instead of coffee in the morning and says he gets an energy boost and seems to help with digestion. My brother will eat or drink anything so I'm not sure if it tastes as good as he says it does. Thanks!
superchick36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Well kombucha has probiotics and probiotics can help with digestion. Similar for other fermented products. I have drank it in the past. I like it but its an acquired taste. I don't think it does anything for you though.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #3  

Thanks for the reply Nelie. I bought a couple to try and liked the first one called Multi-Green. I see why you say it is an acquired taste though. I don't think I would drink them often but every once in a while when I want some thing different.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #4  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I first bought it because they have a few ginger flavors, and I ADORE anything ginger. I really like the gingerade and the gingerberry. I keep buying it for the probiotics, but I think it's way too expensive to drink every day. I drink maybe 2 a month.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:03 PM   #5  
too big to fail

Kombucha is a delicious beverage that may aid digestion, but I consider it a treat rather than a product with weightloss/digestive effects. Where I live all of the cafes and convenience stores stock it with the other bottled teas.
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #6  

I didn't get them for weight loss but for the probiotics in them. They are expensive so I only drink them every once in a while. I love the cranberry one the best. My sister said in Austin she can find them for $199, but the cheapest I have found them here in WI is $3.25. I only drink half a bottle at a time. Thanks for all the input