Old 03-09-2012, 11:34 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default What's Your Routine Day Before Weigh In??

I find the day before weigh in the hardest of the week. I'm very careful to drink alot of water and minimize the salt intake. I feel like Fridays are the days i'm usually the hungriest because i'm so leary about what to eat. I feel if i eat like a "regular" day that i'll be retaining by morning weigh in and i'll forever be losing point something lbs!

What do you do? Do you eat he same or change menu before weigh in?
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #2  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

I totally got your feeling!

I really watch my points the day before, try to eat much fiber so I get to (watch out TMI) to poop LOL, I drink tons of water, watch the sodium and go for a run. I always seems to loose a bit the day after I work out (a normal workout, if I get too sore, hellooooooo water retention)

Today is friday so yay! ''normal'' eating again
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/134/127

Height: 5'3.75"

I weigh on a Tuesday evening so it's really the day of that's funky. I pretty much eat the same all the time now anyway.
Day of I have the same breakfast I always have, and if it's not a meeting day at work I do a workout, I have fruit and yogurt mid morning and I usually start eating my lunch around 11, and then nothing after 12 noon. No water or snacks or anything. I bring both to my meeting an have them after weighing in as I'm usually half mad with hunger at this point.
I also wear the same clothes every week, but that might be superstition.
moviegrl1737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #4  

Oh i wear the same pants and a tank top every meeting Sat morning too! I try to eat breakfast which is usually yogurt, or fiber one cereal. Then a plain salad with maybe an egg on it with oil and vinegar and i find if i have a baked potato for dinner with a salad that usually is a light enough day. I dont' know, i just have that feeling that i've either stayed the same but no substantial loss. I don't know why. I even have about 12 weeklies left.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #5  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

I do try to watch my sodium especially the day before but I don't curb my eating. I try and get a workout in the day before too. Lots of water! but then again I always drink a lot of water (so far today I have had 9 glasses and it is not even noon)
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Even after years on maintenance, I still watch what I eat the day before and drink lots of water. I only go to early morning meetings, and I weigh in before I eat breakfast. I also wear the same clothes when I weigh in--a pair of shorts and a thin top no matter the weather. I'm not sure if I think I'll gain it all back if I don't follow this ritual, but, hey, it works for me.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #7  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

I do WW at home and I weigh every day (I know, not good!) but it makes me try to be really careful every day! I try to make sure I have water and fiber because somehow to me, I think if I don't have a #2 before I weigh in the morning, I'll be like 5lbs heavier (totally not true, but I figure if my delusion keeps me regular and eating good foods, I'll stick with it). I also always weigh totally naked, with my scale sitting on the same bathroom tile lol
chubbybunny29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:26 AM   #8  

Well now i'm not sure which approach is better for me. I ate WAY more on Friday than i would have ever had being the day before weigh in!! I was down .8 this week which i know isn't much but it's almost a pound. I even had a veggie subway 6" fri night with my bf. I am really careful about salt all the time though.

Gosh, i'm so sick of these . something loss weeks but i keep reminding myself that it adds up, just wish it was quicker!!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #9  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

I weigh in Monday mornings, so Sundays are the one day where I'm sure to stay just at my dailies and not use any weeklies or APs. (Though, truthfully, I usually save all of my weeklies for Fridays and Saturdays anyway.) I also try to limit carbs on Sundays, but that's about it.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/134.8/135

Height: 5'2"

I don't do anything different on the day before weigh in. I WI on Sunday and usually use all my weeklies on Friday and Saturday. I figure as long as I am consistent from week to week, it doesn't really matter.
jessper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbybunny29 View Post
I do WW at home and I weigh every day (I know, not good!) but it makes me try to be really careful every day! I try to make sure I have water and fiber because somehow to me, I think if I don't have a #2 before I weigh in the morning, I'll be like 5lbs heavier (totally not true, but I figure if my delusion keeps me regular and eating good foods, I'll stick with it). I also always weigh totally naked, with my scale sitting on the same bathroom tile lol
This is me to a T! I'm a Monday morning weigher doing the at home version. I also weight every day though I understand the fluctuations happen over days and throughout the month. Like, during ovulation I'm starving and have a peak in my weight of about 4-5 pounds. Afterwards it comes off again. I like looking at the trend just in case my "official" weigh-in numbers are higher than I'm expecting. I don't want to go a week miserable, thinking I completely messed up when it may be something as simple as "Hey! It's ovulation time!". Basically, I'm ok with daily weighing because I understand it and it doesn't mess me up.

I also hop on the scale (on the same bathroom tile ) nude before I get in the shower. It just seems more consistent. I wouldn't mind doing it clothed but I knew someday I wouldn't be able to wear those same clothes as I'd be swimming in them. I just like it the absolute same way each and every time.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 175/165/129

Height: 5'3"

I haven't really done much different the day before - just make extra sure to get a workout in. I weigh in on Wednesdays at lunch time - so that morning (I know, bad...) I don't eat breakfast or drink anything. I bring a water with me and the second I'm done weighing in, I crack it open. I also wear the exact same out fit every week. Funny story - I am traveling tomorrow so had to weigh in today. Walked into the office and my coworker (who is also doing weight watchers) said "hey, it's not Wednesday!"
Kimberly2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #13  

Oh i know, i go into a panic if i can't find THE pants on Sat morning quickly lol! I wear the same thing, take my iced coffee and down it as soon as i weigh in because usually i'm dying of thirst lol! Can't have those few extra ounces lol!!