Old 03-13-2012, 04:39 AM   #1  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

Default TMI warning (really sorry)

scince ive started counting calories .... the first week i was using the bathroom regularly

this week not so much ... the only thing that is different is that im on my period ( and this is my first week of a new sort of birth control pills )

i cant help but wonder is it possible i need to eat more to use the bathroom? i have issues with constipation in general .... id really like to somehow resolve the problem in a predictable manner because im sure this wont make it any easier to lose weight .

ive tried fiberone products ... it does not seem to work for me ... the only thing i can say is that if more than one fiber one product is eatten in that day ... i can count on a tummy ache
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:05 AM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Prunes? prune baby food? Sweet potato? That always gets my kid to GO.

And work on your produce. Plant foods have the fiber, and fiber helps make it easier to go. And it's a lot tastier to eat an apple than take some of those fiber supplements!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Take 2 magnesium at night before bed. In the morning...within a few minutes..you'll HAVE to go. It's a natural muscle relaxer and it works well. No added fiber to upset your tummy, etc. Have you been eating less bread? Enough fruits, veggies and water? Add Flax seeds (ground NOT meal) to your day somewhere and that should help in the long run. But definately magnesium. I swear by it. I like it because I can count on going in the morning and being done so I can go to work, etc.
kmac1196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:33 AM   #4  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUNKEY_MUNKEY View Post
scince ive started counting calories .... the first week i was using the bathroom regularly

this week not so much ... the only thing that is different is that im on my period ( and this is my first week of a new sort of birth control pills )
This. Every time I'm on mine, same problem.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #5  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I found that when I started cutting sugars and carbs as well as calories, my bathroom habits changed. I tend to have BMs every other day now, rather than multiple times a day.

I find that so long as I'm eating enough fat, and I drink coffee in the morning, I'm fine.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

You eat less, you have less waste. There were times I would only go 2-3 times a week. My doctor said that was normal. Now that I'm maintaining, I'm more regular, but not uncommon for me to not have a bowel movement everyday. When I was over 300 pounds, I'd have several a day. Are you drinking plenty of water to get things moving?
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 305/265/175

Height: 5'6''

Mine definitely slowed down too.. for me I think it was me eating less fat and junk
Jeckeree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

You know, I've noticed this as well. Plus, I was so regular I knew when I'd need to go every day. Now, there are days I don't have to go and it freaks me out!

Also, I second Kateleestar. Hormones throw my digestive tract out of whack. When I'm on my period I always get a little constipated. It's not bad enough to use laxatives or anything but there's definitely some discomfort. And speaking of discomfort, FiberOne bars always give me bad gas and really affect my tummy. I like them but really have to limit it. They do the same thing to my husband.

Last edited by XLMuffnTop; 03-13-2012 at 09:41 AM.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #9  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateleestar View Post
This. Every time I'm on mine, same problem.
Me too.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #10  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

I find this thread very interesting because I tend the have the opposite problem when I am on my period I get bad diarrhea for a few days.
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #11  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Me too -- menses = softer stool for me.

And I am regular -- every day or every other day is my norm for poo.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-13-2012 at 03:55 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 276/283/278/170

Height: 5'6

I have been having the same issue! I am hoping that eventually I will get more regular.

I am trying to eat a serving of fiberful raw veggies before I go to bed, but the prunes sound like a good idea too.
charzhazha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #13  

Right before my period, it is easy to come by and around ovulation I get more stopped up, but still go. Hormones are the awful
Magnesium is a great suggestion. Helps with PMS too.
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #14  
Improvise Adapt Overcome

S/C/G: 178/172/130

Height: 5'

Try Benefiber......you can mix it in ANYTHING. It is a white powder that is tasteless. Works nicely without lots of gas (metamucil *sp* is horrible for gas). My BF said that when he started walking he started going more than once a day.
peachypeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #15  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMarie View Post
You eat less, you have less waste. There were times I would only go 2-3 times a week. My doctor said that was normal. Now that I'm maintaining, I'm more regular, but not uncommon for me to not have a bowel movement everyday. When I was over 300 pounds, I'd have several a day. Are you drinking plenty of water to get things moving?
This is just something people don't undstand and I'm glad for once I'm not the only person saying this!

I go 2-3 times a week, but I never have to strain. It's exactly as it should be. I just don't need to go very often when I'm eating less.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote