Old 03-12-2012, 08:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Default Phase 3 !!!

I just had my first breakfast in Phase 3, with Greek yogurt topped with frozen berries, some granola with almond milk. Oh my...it was so good I can't stop smiling !!!!

It's sort of confusing to figure out the combos dairy, protein, carbs, fat and calories...my coach gave me copies of her logs from when she was on it, and that helped alot, until I get the hang of it. I kind of hate to keep losing pounds, but am really looking forward to this phase.
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Good for you!!! Enjoy!
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

YUM! This inspired me today to keep pushing forward no matter what! I can't wait!
CassiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
I just had my first breakfast in Phase 3, with Greek yogurt topped with frozen berries, some granola with almond milk. Oh my...it was so good I can't stop smiling !!!!

It's sort of confusing to figure out the combos dairy, protein, carbs, fat and calories...my coach gave me copies of her logs from when she was on it, and that helped alot, until I get the hang of it. I kind of hate to keep losing pounds, but am really looking forward to this phase.
Yay!! Congrats and how great that you have a go-by on hand until you get into your groove. Sort of like when we first started IP....lost and in need of direction. I'm going to start Phase 3 in a month, so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Enjoy the new flavors !
2Poles1Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 313/180/180

Height: 5' 11"

Sewmam,

Thanks for starting this thread. I have been p-3 for 5 days now and have been looking for more ideas. I too am really enjoying the new options but it also makes me a bit nervous after not having any substantial carb load for so long.
Here has been my typical breakfast (slight variations each day):

Grain Carbs -- recommended 30g or less:
2 slices toast -- (Exekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Grain Bread - 11g net carb ea)

Dairy Carbs -- recommended 15 g or less (w/fat under 15g):
2 Tbsp 1/3 less fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
4 oz low fat Greek Yougurt

Fruit Carbs -- recommended 20g or less:
2 C Strawberries

Protein -- recommended min of 25g:
1 C egg whites (omelet)

Really filling breakfast and seems to be working for me. I would love to hear others ideas for more variety.
drylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #6  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

It will be a week Thursday I have been on phase 3....this is what I had for breakfast today....

2 slices of wheat toast with PB2 peanut butter
1 boiled egg
1 apple
4 oz of yogurt

My coach put me on phase 3 this week because I keep playing around with 2lbs. I am going back to phase 1 next week to complete my journey. But I know once I am done that I can and will be able to do the other phases with no issues at all. I have learned so much on phase 1!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post

2 slices of wheat toast with PB2 peanut butter
Wuv, what is PB2? Is it a brand? I am so looking forward to a slice of PB toast. That and oatmeal with blueberries...yum.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Poles1Girl View Post
Wuv, what is PB2? Is it a brand? I am so looking forward to a slice of PB toast. That and oatmeal with blueberries...yum.
It is actually powdered PB you add water to it....I'll google it and put a link so you can see what it is. Also I found a phase 3 sheet I want to share with everyone. It might be old though but has some good information

http://www26.netrition.com/bell_plantation_pb2.html
oops forgot to attach the document.....lol
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Phase 3 - Ideal Protein.pdf (291.9 KB, 462 views)

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 03-12-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #9  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by drylines View Post
Sewmam,

Thanks for starting this thread. I have been p-3 for 5 days now and have been looking for more ideas. I too am really enjoying the new options but it also makes me a bit nervous after not having any substantial carb load for so long.

2 C Strawberries

1 C egg whites (omelet)

Really filling breakfast and seems to be working for me. I would love to hear others ideas for more variety.
You eat that much for breakfast? I have to admit that my cravings are strongest for fruit and dairy, not chocolate or pizza or anything. So, I am so excited for you guys and thank you so much for giving me a picture of my future. When I think of what I used to eat for breakfast when I went out on weekends, this is nothing. So funny how we see things. Congrats on P3.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
It is actually powdered PB you add water to it....I'll google it and put a link so you can see what it is. Also I found a phase 3 sheet I want to share with everyone. It might be old though but has some good information

http://www26.netrition.com/bell_plantation_pb2.html
oops forgot to attach the document.....lol
That PB is super cool, i just ordered some.. my dh is doing his second week of phase 2 and has made goal so he'll be moving to phase 3 next week and he LOVES PB.

So for the dairy, you go by calories and not grams of fat or carbs?

Last edited by Busymomx4; 03-12-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:01 PM   #11  

It does look interesting! I think I'll order some too. I've been an Adams No-Stir gal for years, but this has peaked my curiosity. <off to dig out the credit card and place an order>
Old 03-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
That PB is super cool, i just ordered some.. my dh is doing his second week of phase 2 and has made goal so he'll be moving to phase 3 next week and he LOVES PB.

So for the dairy, you go by calories and not grams of fat or carbs?
For my dairy I have just been eating the yopliat yogart. I asked my coach which one and she said which ever one my heart desires....lol...I get the low fat or sugarfree ones.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #13  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Phase 3 breakfast has to be between 400 and 500 calories.
You are allowed no more than 50 carbs total for breakfast and it breaks down like this: No more than 30 for grains, no more than 20 for fruit. If your dairy contains carbs, it has to be taken from either your grain or fruit allotment. No more than 120 calories can come from dairy. No more than 15 grams of fat for your total breakfast. You should have at least 25 grams of protein.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 167/135/120

Height: 5' 3"

PB2 is an interesting product. Since you mix it with water, it does not have the creamy, fatty texture of peanut butter from a jar, but I have found that a two or three spritzes of ICBINB spray help, in my opinion. Even if a person was to mix a tiny bit of regular PB into it, you would have a darn good substitute for when you get to maintenance.
Survalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #15  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by drylines View Post
Sewmam,

You should be counting total carbs, not net, so for 2 slices = 30 carbs, 160 calories, 1 gram of fat, and 8 grams of protein.
Totals: 1-2 carbs depending on brand, 70 calories, 6 grams of fat, 2 grams of protein.
totals: over 4 carbs, 120 calories. I could only do the math for these figures, I could only find stats for 6 oz. of low fat greek yogurt. The other totals would require a calculator, lol!
2 C Strawberries
20 carbs, 86 calories
1 C egg whites (omelet)
The only brand I found "All Whites" has for 1 cup: 4 carbs, 120 calories, 0 fat and 24 grams protein.

So, your totals are: carbs: 59 total, 30 from grain, 4 from eggs, 5 from dairy and 20 from fruit. An egg is considered zero carb because each whole egg has less than 1 gram, but when you have 1 cup of egg whites, your total carbs will add up.
Total calories: 556
Total fat: 10.5, this is within IP phase 3 breakfast limits.

Protein: 51, this is well over the 25 minimum, so you're good there.
If this were what I enjoyed eating every morning, I would cut back on the strawberries to 1 cup. That would take away 10 carbs from my total and 44 calories. Also, Nature's Own Whole Wheat multigrain sandwhich round have 19 carbs for the entire sandwhich bun. Their whole wheat sliced bread has 10 carbs per slice, also eliminating 10 carbs from your breakfast. I would also make sure my calorie totals were lower, they should be between 400 and 500. This breakfast is still over that top number.

I'm not your coach, so please take this as my opinion. A couple of your totals are over the amounts outlined by IP for phase 3 breakfast. If your coach has you on a different plan, please disregard. I just don't want someone transitioning to think the breakfast outlined above was truly phase 3 compliant as set forth by IP.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote