Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 03-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #1  
PCOS and Tuesday weigher!

S/C/G: 288/295/175ish?

Height: 5ft4

Default Loose skin and lady 'bits'

This is a delicate question and one that I never see talked about except for one or two tv shows that have mentioned it...but it's really puzzling me. I'll be as diplomatic as I can with my descriptions!

I carry a lot of weight on my lower half, and am expecting quite an amount of loose skin when I eventually make it to goal. For those of you who have already lost a lot of weight, did you suffer much loose skin around the exterior of your lady parts? I ask because I have a lot of weight down there which is very obvious if I look south, and I really can't imagine what it will look like once I lose the weight. Will it always looks disproportionately large? Does it just kinda snap back up or is it something that hangs like loose belly/arm/thigh skin?

Might seem a weird question but as a single girl on a long weight loss journey it's one that's on my mind
knoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 303/172/120

Height: 5'6

Well I've always been very "fleshy" down there and through the weight loss it's remained fleshy. There is no sag though. It's stayed pretty proportionate and I do have sag on other parts of my body so I'm not one of the genetically blessed.

I wouldn't worry to much about it.
ChangingSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/257.4/130

Height: 5.0 Tall

I can say that when I lost 50 lbs a few years ago I noticed that part started out fleshy and protruding and when I lost the weight it did flatten out. I was worried about that also, but it seems like it may be ok when I lost my 140 this time. I'm worried about my backside! haha
DiabeticDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #4  
The 'x3' is a heart! :)

S/C/G: 250/low 200's/165

Mine has flattened out a bit but its definitely not saggy. I have heard it depends on your age and the way in which you lose weight.
mirax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #5  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

I am not sure what it will look like when you're done but I can tell you any man who gets to look there will probably have his mind on other things and won't be in the mood to critique.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:49 PM   #6  
The Sun is mine to keep.

S/C/G: 328/328/200

It depends on the way you lose the weight. If you only do cardio you're sure to have a lot of lose skin. Add free weights into your routine. Don't hulk out but get something that like maybe 10 pounds or so. And remember to work out everything and not just one side of your body.
SineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:49 PM   #7  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Are you talking about the fat pad on the mons pubis area? Where the pubic hair grows? Are you talking about labia? Vaginal lips sagging?

I haven't noticed a change in that dept and I'm not getting any complaints from spouse and I'm coming from a higher weight than you. I don't know if that helps any. If anything is was one of the few spots (like my earlobes) that pretty much stayed the same up and down across 80+ gain, 80+ lost, 80+ gain and now back off again! LOL.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:00 AM   #8  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Thank God someone finally brought this up. I have always wondered the same thing. I've always had everything sort of...tucked in this nice neat little package, but there's a good bit of fat down there that needs to be lost as well. I don't think my lady bits are ever going to be visible by just taking my underwear off.

As 4star said, I don't think anyone who goes down there is really gonna worry about it.

One of my best friends (who only weighs about 120 pounds and has never been overweight) says that hers doesn't show like a "normal" womans does but that hers is (to quote her exact words) "hidden like a pearl in a clam shell" (hahaha) and that her boyfriend has to pull the skin around it back to be able to do anything down there, but is completely fine with it.

Last edited by tessendicott; 03-09-2012 at 01:02 AM.
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 270/257.4/130

Height: 5.0 Tall

Giggling at the thought of what activity you could possibly do to tone up that area and where you'd hold the weights hahahah
DiabeticDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #10  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Quote:
"hidden like a pearl in a clam shell" (hahaha) and that her boyfriend has to pull the skin around it back to be able to do anything down there, but is completely fine with it.
Is she talking about clitoris? As far as I know, that's usually the case if not erect. There's outer labia and inner labia protecting things.

Basically we come in all shapes and colors. I seriously doubt any lover visiting the area is going to have a problem with whatever shape/colors you come in.

Once a young 3 yrd old saw me nursing my kid (church nursery) and went "Ew! Your nipples are brown!" and I said "Yep. What color are your mom's? They are pink. (Mom was also a nursing mother at the time and I knew her.) Isn't it interesting that we all come in all colors? Some with brown hair, red hair, blond hair. Our skin is also different colors."

The kid thought about it and laughed and said "Cool! I didn't know that nipples were like hair!" and ran off.

The Mom laughed when I told her about it later.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-09-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #11  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Applauding Astrophe for her openness and talking like we should talk a out our bodies. Wish more people would do that!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #12  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Says the other OWL teacher.

A.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:09 AM   #13  
PCOS and Tuesday weigher!

S/C/G: 288/295/175ish?

Height: 5ft4

My main concern was the mons pubis though I do like the pearl in a clam shell analogy
knoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #14  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrophe View Post
Is she talking about clitoris? As far as I know, that's usually the case if not erect. There's outer labia and inner labia protecting things.
I really wish I could draw a diagram of what I'm trying to explain. hahaha.
When the friend was using the analogy about the pearl she was saying that she had really big lips so that you couldn't see anything and it had to be pulled back to get to her clitoris and vagina in general.

This is such a funny conversation.
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #15  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

That's what I figured. But most of the time it is that way when labia/clit are not engorged.

A.