General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 10:25 AM   #1  
Long Lost Chickie

Default Doing our own thing - August 2003

Man oh man, I come back here and I have to start the new thread!! What is up with that????

Just kidding! I know you were all just saving it for me!

Hi girls!!! I'm back!!! I'm one big hurtin' camper but it gets better every day. How could I not be OK with all the good vibes and warm thoughts you guys sent my way.

Surgery was around 8AM Tuesday and I felt like for the rest of that day and most of Wednesday. But I felt better once I was up and around. Nurses kept laughing at me because I was constantly wandering the halls. "Oh here she comes again!" and "Hi speedy!".

Anyway, the doctor came in on Friday and I asked if I could escape and he said yes. He took the staples out (surprised the heck out of me) and released me. Took Rich some time to get out of work and come for me but by then I was dressed, packed and ready to go.

It's tough to sit up too long so I'm going to end this post soon but, as I said, I'm getting better. Give me a few more days....

Gotta go. It's a long slow trek to the bathroom. More later.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:30 AM   #2  

Angry

Jello: so glad to see that you are home and doing ok! Sitting up is the worst-I had forgotten about that part until you mentioned it! It does get better though-honest! Just remember you need lots of pampering right now so take advantage of any help that comes your way

Take care!!
Old 08-04-2003, 05:51 AM   #3  
Long Lost Chickie

Hey Sassy! Looks like it's just you and me. I've scared everyone away it seems.

Sitting up is getting easier but I still don't have much of an appetite. Hm, maybe that's a good thing? Haven't weighed myself since I've been home. Don't really care for now.

Still trying to get up and around as much as possible but not for long. Get tired too quickly. Spending lots of time in bed or in my big easy chair getting pampered. I could get used to this.

More later.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:47 AM   #4  

Good morning everyone! Boy did I have a lot to catch up on!

Bright: Glad you had a good time in Memphis and missed the storm!

Jello: Oh, it is so good to hear from you and know you are doing a-ok. I thought about you everyday.

Tig: Hope you are surviving the boys until they are back in school! It won't be too much longer.

DNW: Hey to you!

Quilter: I see you have really lost a lot too. How long did it take you? I still have about 170 to go and I am hoping by fall of next year I am near goal.

Sassy: Hello to you

Cafe: How's it going?

Whomever I missed, forgive me! I will catch up. Between, shopping Thurs, grandson Friday, and feeling lousy this weekend, I am just trying to get up and going again.

Everyone have a spectacular day today!

Faye
Old 08-04-2003, 11:45 AM   #5  

Good Morning! Monday funday (where's tig?)

Nothing too new with me, except that since I'm getting serious again I stepped on the scale this weekend. Somehow, while I was in maintenance mode, I seem to have gained almost 5. Oops. But it's good to have an extra nudge to help me stay motivated to 'straighten up and fly right.'

The best thing that I realized over the past week is that my goal of eliminating some of the stress in my life has actually been working... I can honestly say that I feel ready to make some changes from a place of peace.

Hopefully I can make them in such a way that the activities generate more peace, instead of worry... This probably sounds nuts but my strategy this time is to try to focus on HOW I'm dieting, and try to create routines that I love around and from it.

So that's all I've got on Monday A.M.

Happy to see you back on the boards, Jello!!
Old 08-04-2003, 04:17 PM   #6  

Yep, Monday Funday...if you're in kindergarten.

Just got back from taking the kids to minigolf and lunch at a local campground. Lunch was too greasy and I feel yucky.

Jello, glad you are back. Any good movies or books? Sass is right, take all the pampering you can get!

Faye, nice new pic. I don't know how to make pics small enough to put on this site...bytes. I'm lucky I can post.

I weighed in at 198 this morning. Still holding it under 200 by the skin of my fried chicken...I mean teeth. I'm sure lunch today didn't help any.

Cafe, changes from a place of peace...my kids going back to school. Sounds the same to me.

*off to lay down with a greasy tummy ache*
Old 08-04-2003, 04:39 PM   #7  

Hi, ladies! Jello, it's good to have you back! We seem to post more with you around.

Faye, it took me about 2 years - way back in the 70's so it's kind of fuzzy now.

Down .5 this week. Slow and steady but I want it to be Fast and Quick!

Boss is still gone for this week.! I'll be able to post.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:28 PM   #8  

I love it when quilter's boss is gone.

Tiger, sorry to hear about the tummy ache. Maybe this "peace" thing will do the trick for us, hmmm?

Bright - just wanted to wave hello since I caught up with you over on the old thread! Sometimes it's good to switch things up a little.

Faye - my sister said that Janet E. is on her way to me.

Sassy - glad to hear that the hand is improving.

oops - boss. gotta dash.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:16 AM   #9  

Hello Chickies!
13 days! 13 days until school starts. The countdown is on! I can hardly wrap my brain around it. Both kids in school all day. *mouth gap'd open, dazed look in my eyes*

Faye, are you up and going this morning...get your morning swim in?

off to fix breakfast for the kidlens...
Old 08-05-2003, 10:15 AM   #10  

Hey, Tigerlily - got the kleenix box by the door? Major tears that first day when the youngest goes off to school! Bet you get plenty of calls from the school for help since you'll be more available now.

Jello, hope you are mending quickly and can get back to us...miss your posts!

Well another day of thunderstorms predicted for us - and 10 more to follow. We have had daily thunderstorms for weeks. Rain comes down in torrents. Last year we dried up, now we need an ark.

I really hate these homeland security warnings - I work within 10 miles of a nuclear power plant, live 2 miles from an air force base and 10 miles from an army base in one direction and 8 miles in the other and 25 miles from the largest naval base. And a 3-hour drive from Washington DC. We got a notice from the health department yesterday that they now have a supply of pills we can get to keep radiation from destroying the thyroid if the nuclear power plant blows up. Made me feel real good.

I've eaten blueberries and peaches until I can't eat anymore. They have been so good. On cereal for breakfast, with cottage cheese, by themselves. Went to my friends and picked 23 pints for the freezer. My husband wants me to make some freezer jam with the peaches. I wonder if I could do some with Splenda?

Well - back to work!
Old 08-05-2003, 10:26 AM   #11  

I was wondering the same thing about blueberry pie/splenda.
We picked almost 25lbs of blueberries. I saw where the corner market had their "peaches" sign out. I hope they have the white ones. Heavenly.

I've already had the youngest in 2 years of preschool and then half day kindergarten. I'm ready for all day.
Old 08-05-2003, 11:07 AM   #12  

I actually made a blueberry pie with Splenda and it wasn't too bad. I used 1 cup instead of sugar. I thicken my pies with tapioca and it worked fine. I'm not sure about the jam. I'm going to go to Sure-Jell's website and see if they have a recipe.
Old 08-05-2003, 02:17 PM   #13  

Hey gals -

Nothing much to report today, except that the universe has heard my voice and seems to be throwing the best foods on offer right in my path - Oh the perversity of life, sometimes.

Today is going fast - a good thing because I don't love the tasks on my list. Need to get them overwith.
Old 08-06-2003, 09:26 AM   #14  
Long Lost Chickie

Hello from the sickroom. I'm nauseaus and achy. Not a good way to diet, my friends.

Oops, sorry. Let's restart this post....

Hi everyone. Happy ... uh, hump day??? Is it Wednesday? I've lost track. As I said, I haven't been eating much because I haven't been feeling very well. Just not much of an appetite. I did actually get on the scale yesterday morning. Down 6 lbs. from where I was last Tuesday morning. Yes, it was 3 in the morning and yes I was on my way to the hospital for surgery but I stopped to get on the scale. It's a disease.

Anyway, I have to admit that all this talk of blueberries is making me hungry. Yet, yesterday Rich asked me if I wanted some ice cream and the mere thought of it made me ill. Guess that's good.

We went out yesterday and took a ssslllloooowwww walk around the block. It was nice to be outside even though it was really hot and humid. I went out a little later in the light summer rain. Ahhhh.....

Tiger, your school year starts early, doesn't it? School around here doesn't start until early September. Then we have to start watching out for the little ones while we're driving.

Quilter, I like it when your boss is gone too! I think mine's at a trade show or something this week but I'm not sure. Who cares?

Gotta run you guys. Put a facial mask on and it's time to scrub it off. Yeah, tough life I'm living here...
Old 08-06-2003, 09:30 AM   #15  

Just a quick hello, our internet service has been out, guess it's because of all the storms we have been having. Anyway, nothing much going on, just a lot of same 'ol, same 'ol.

Jello, glad that you're back. You'll show improvement each and every day. (((Jello)))

Have a dr's appt tommorow. I wasn't going to say anything, but I think I'm in need of a prayer, okay lots of 'em. I've had fibrocysts for years, well I found a place in my left breast and it doesn't feel like the others always have, so now I'm really worried. So if you have time remember me.

Well, gotta run, you all have a great day!
Closed Thread