Old 03-07-2012, 04:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 276/283/278/170

Height: 5'6

Default Does stress cause hunger pangs?

I know that a lot of people, including me, eat out of stress and anxiety. Tonight, though, I am staying on plan but I am frustratingly hungry and I don't know why. I have eaten about 350 calories more than yesterday, including a snack in the last hour (hummus, two servings, with 3 huge stalks of celery). But I am still so hungry!

What should I eat to quiet my stomach? Bread? Protein?

I have to stay up really late and finish a term paper tonight, and I am surprised that I have been able to resist running to the 7-11 and getting a tube of Pringles or something. What can I eat instead that will fill me up for a couple of hours?
charzhazha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 131/sig/110

I think people eat to distract themselves when stressed or anxious.

As for what to eat...
Soup + some steam veggies (if craving for savoury)
or
Soup + fruits (if craving for sweet)

Those are good combos that work for me.
The soup is low in calorie and is filling because it's liquid.
Steam veggies or fruit will give you something to chew on so that it feels like you ate.
Lemongrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #3  
Workin' towards success!

S/C/G: 278/Ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I have had the same problem. I am going to college online so it is very very easy for me to fall of the rails if I want to. I have recently bought granola bars (90 calories) and some 100 calorie packs of cookies for sweet snacks and only allow myself one pack or bar a day (I usually though go without eating them). As for salty foods I have more of a problem with. zI haven't been able to find a low calorie treat that is salty that I like yet so I've been going cold turkey for the most part on salty snacks. I do understand and know what you mean by stress and being anxious while doing your classes or term papers or tests or work in general. Just last night I was getting stressed out by one of my classes and was seriously wanting to eat . Luckily, I got past the part I was having serious problems with and the craving slowly went down so much so that I forgot about that granola bar I was promising myself. So, as you can see sometimes if you work past the thing you are stressing about sometimes the craving goes away. But I know sometimes waiting it out doesn't work .
Jinxy is offline   Reply With Quote