Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #1  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Bikini Ready 2012 Challenge! Part II!

WELCOME TO THE BIKINI READY CHALLENGE OF 2012!

Hello! I did a Year End Goal challenge last year and I wanted to take the same format and make it BETTER for a Bikini Ready Challenge! "But wait, I don't think I'll be ready for a bikini this year!" I hear some of you cry, well don't you worry you sexy muffin panda, this challenge is all about losing weight for the summer months so there's a spring in your step and you feel more confident with your body than ever before - bikini ready or not!
"But wait, the challenge appears to already have started! I really want to join!" No problemo, my friend! The beauty of the spreadsheet format is that you can join in any time.
"I know all my weights from the previous weeks, is it ok to enter them as a new member?" Of course it is! There are weekly charts for everyone's weigh in, it would be better if you had your weight from the week before you start so you have a chance of entering the challenge chart!
Make sure you read all the rules and information and you're all set!

The rules are simples!
  1. Go to spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VN2dKT1E#gid=0 (For older participants, this URL is new which is why the original spreadsheet doesn't work. Please update bookmarks!)
  2. Enter your username, start weight, then scroll over to the right and enter your goal weight. Please remember when entering your starting weight it's the weight that you're at starting THIS challenge - not your overall starting weight. Also, please do NOT put __ lbs as your starting weight, it messes up with the spreadsheet formulas!
  3. NEWBIES! If you are joining us now that the challenge is a-go there are 2 ways to go about entering the challenge.
    1) If you have kept a record of your weights starting from the first week in January, then enter your starting weight as the weight you were at in January then enter all your weekly weights leading up to the present. Or alternatively, if you've only started keeping a record after January then you can enter your weights from that time too, the more info you can put in the better basically!
    2) If you are new to weight loss and have only just starting weighing in, no problem, just enter your weight that you are NOW as your starting weight and also enter this weight into the current week (so I don't move you by accident by seeing blank cells).
  4. Each week enter your weight between Monday and Sunday, whichever day you prefer to weigh in.
  5. Finally, LEAVE THE LAST 3 COLUMNS ON THE RIGHT ALOONNNEEE. DON'T TOUCH THEM! AH AH! I SAID NO TOUCHING. YES, BACK AWAY. THANK YOU, PLEASE. You may thinking entering your own data manually is helping - it's not. I am your monkey slave for this challenge so let me take care of everything.

The random bits of info you also need to remember!
  • Please be careful when using the spreadsheet, I've had to rearrange columns and re-enter data because of carelessness. I'm doing my best to make sure the spreadsheet is neat and tidy!
  • If you don’t weigh in for more than 2 weeks, I will move you to the stand by sheet. Your information is still there, but it just cleans up the main spreadsheet so the people who are actively participating are only shown. If you jump back in PLEASE DO! Just post in the thread that you want to hop back in and I’ll move you back onto the main spread sheet.
  • I also created a group on Fitocracy for any users who want to be accountable for exercise during the challenge. The group is here: http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4702/ - if you want to join the site then I have 9 invites going!

AND FINALLY, LET'S NOT FORGET THE CHALLENGE SIDE TO THIS AWESOMENESS!

This year I really want to emphasise that this is a challenge as well as a great way to stay accountable. "What do I have to do?" Nothing! Just keep entering your weights every week and I will sort out the rest. But basically I'm going to be monitoring your progress each week to find out who are our biggest losers for the week and giving the top 20 people points based on where they rank. So for example if you're the number one for the week you get 20 points and if you're number 20 you get 1 point.
"How are the ranks decided?" By your percentage of weight loss, which basically means how much of YOU you have lost, not how many pounds you have lost. This is fair because people who are at a higher weight tend to lose more pounds than those who are close to their goals. It's also how they decide who's the winner on The Biggest Loser

Below you will see 2 shiny charts, one is the overall ranking of who has lost the highest percentage of weight loss, and the other is a chart based on who is kissing a$$ each week and getting all the points - so basically the challenge chart!

Overall Chart:

Challenge Chart:

The challenge started the first week in January and will go for 25 weeks, which takes us to June. Remember the thread is always there to talk and discuss how you’re doing, so please pop by and say hello every so often =).

Last edited by Riestrella; 05-09-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #2  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Here are week 4 results!

Quiet Ballerina has leaped to the top spot of the challenge chart after consistently winning high points in the weekly weigh ins! Congrats to Daki for entering the chart at an impressive number 10! Woohoo! Due to a few people being moved to the standby sheet there has been some serious movement in the challenge chart!
A huge well done to Lambiechop for winning this weeks weigh in after losing 5 lbs/2.54% of her body weight!
alliecat is making her way up to the top spot as this weeks top mover in the overall charts! And some new entries by Ruby, princessgina, Musicalme and shellbellster!

Congrats to everyone who made it into the charts and to all those losing, the spreadsheets I use to make the charts are now viewable by the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet but are locked so can only be edited by me. See how far you were away from getting in the top 20's!

By the end of the week there were 100 people listed on the spreadsheet.
I have had to move 15 people to the stand by list. A total of 29 people have dropped out so far
There are now 85 people remaining in the challenge!

Challenge Chart:

Week 4 Chart:

Overall Chart:

Last edited by Riestrella; 02-05-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:38 AM   #3  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Congrats to all the people that made it to the charts!

I did not but that does not matter, because today is the best day in weeks! I had a 2lbs loss finally and I just ran 2miles for the first time EVER. Took me 'only' 22minutes. I am SO SO SO proud!
Old 01-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

Congrats to all you successfull ladies! I have absolutely not been successful. I had a terrible 4 days and I refuse to face the scale unil wednesday. I am sure its doesn't tell me nice things. I quite frankly dont deserve to hear nice things. Anyhoo, water under the bridge. Not gonna dwell on it. I am eating VERY clean today and drinking lots o' water, my body needs a nutrient filled re-set day after the damage of the last few days.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/156.0/145

Height: 5'7''

Thanks, I just added myself. I like accountability challenges. Pretty sure I did it correctly, but if not, I'll check to see how you change it later and follow your lead from here on out.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:23 AM   #6  
Sweat Sweat Sweat!

S/C/G: 190/ticker/130

Height: 5'7

Hey chicks!!

I would LOVE to join this! I'm already in a challenge on another thread, but I LOVE the idea of SEEING everyone weight loss on a chart.

I hope you all are ready for a little friendly competition. :P
Old 01-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #7  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Well ladies, I can't believe you've all chatted enough for there to be a second thread! So amazing! You're all doing so amazing!

I've been doing well, eating alright for the most part and exercising! I'm very close to reaching 157 lbs which is awesome! I've got a very important interview tomorrow, it's for a job to teach English in Japan. I'm trying not to get too nervous and stay positive. After the interview I've got the excitement of going to America and seeing my boyfriend for the first time in 7 months to look forward to! 11 days to go!!

philana - Amazing! I'm glad you've got good news after feeling down about your stall. But remember, a stall is much better than a gain! You're doing great!

ma - The important thing is that you've recognised that you've made mistakes and you're doing things to correct them. Don't dwell on the past, just keep moving for a better tomorrow. You've got this!

Anon - Great to see you here, welcome!! I love seeing your avatar pictures change as you get slimmer! You entered everything fine, if you know your weights from previous weeks then feel free to add them =).

Lindsy - Welcome, and BRING IT! Hehe. I love the spreadsheet too! It's like my baby, haha, I'm so lame!
Old 01-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #8  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Welcome guys =O

philana- Thats great on your 2 mile run =O...I'm still at a little over a mile and and it takes me between 11:30 and 12 minuntes for the mile...Hope to be where you are in a month or so

ma26- Hopefully this week will be better You got this

I am still stuck at 189 and am very frustrated -.- 5-6 weeks between the same three pounds. I'm seeing a pattern. Stalled at 228, 212, 200, and now 189....Be gone plateaus grrr....at least its not a gain...anyways hope everyone has a good week

Last edited by baker23; 01-30-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

Oh man, I'm so excited! Charts! Woohoo =) although for about 2 weeks I'm gunna try to stall my weight loss around 175 because I'm in a wedding February 11th and my bridesmaid dress needs to fit! It's already a little more loose than I'd like, but it looks good and I don't need to pay to get it altered. Months and months and months ago I had hoped to be in the 160s by the wedding but you know what? 5lbs away from that is pretty great too (Considering many of those months were just pure wishes and hopes and no actual effort!).

Philana, that's AWESOME about the run! Congrats! Can't wait until I can run 2 miles in 22 minutes.. I'm at 1.65 miles in 23 minutes hehe =)

Riestrella, oh man you've got so many exciting things going on! Good luck on your interview! How much have you lost since your boyfriend last saw you in person? Do you guys have anything planned or just the pleasure of each other's company? =)
Old 01-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Oh wow, we are talkative, I guess. :P Whoo, I made it on the chart this week! Too bad my weight was abysmal this morning. W/e, probably water weight from all the drinking the other night.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #11  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

baker - Are you slipping up with food/exercise? I usually find stalls come because of lack of consistency.

Daki - How much would you have to pay to alter the dress? I'm not sure I could purposefully stall weight loss, I'm not sure how you'd go about doing it!
Thanks for wishing me luck! The last time I saw him I was 181/180 lbs which put me just in the obese BMI, now I'm 158 lbs and 150 lbs is healthy so my body has made a lot of changes since he last saw me! My gut has sucked in, my curve is less dramatic and I feel great! I hope he notices a difference!
I'll be there for 3 weeks, so we have a few things we want to do. Nothing terribly exciting, just little day trips here and there and hanging out! It's what we do best!

MusicalA - Drink lots of water!!
Old 01-30-2012, 02:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 222/156.0/145

Height: 5'7''

Riestrella, Thank you! I really love changing them! Haha Congrats on your progress and good luck in your interview! Where in the U.S. are you headed? I bet you are soooo excited. Have you bought sexy new clothes for your trip?

I added in my previous weeks weights, as I have been tracking them.

Thank you for the welcome, guys!
Old 01-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #13  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Height: 5'4

So happy with last week. I really do love these challenges. They keep me accountable and motivated.

Good luck on your interview, Riestrella. Welcome, newbies.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #14  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

I'd love to join this! I have filled in the spreadsheet, so hope I've done it right!
I'm on holiday for my next weigh-in (6th Feb) so I won't be able to update my weight until 13th - hope that's ok!
Old 01-30-2012, 04:59 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

I can't believe I'm on both the challenge and overall charts. I'm just glad I've started losing weight again. I'm doing Atkins Induction again in order to get below 185. Last time I did Atkins, I lost 9 pounds in the first two weeks, so I'm hoping for similar results. After that, I might drop the program and just continue to strictly calorie count and eat whole foods.

Congratulations to all of the losers and good luck next week to all of the non-losers!
Closed Thread