South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 09:43 PM   #1  

Default nut question

My book still hasn't come (sigh..) so, when you eat nuts for a snack, or peanut butter, I notice folks write how many nuts they had....are you supposed to measure or count nuts or just eat as many as you want?

thanks,
stay the course,
tina
Old 08-05-2003, 02:01 AM   #2  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Angry Oh, Nuts!

Tina, Dr. Agatson recommends a set number of nuts... I think it is 15 unless it is pistachios then you can have 30. I don't have my book w/me and since I can't eat nuts (new braces!) I'm not positive about this.

I think the peanut butter is 1 teaspoon a day?

Hope this helps! Enjoy!
Old 08-05-2003, 05:32 AM   #3  

thanks Frannymae...I really hope my book comes...I had a snack size bag of peanuts from the vending machine today, and 2 tablespoons of PB for an after dinner snack...I had no idea there was a limit so I guess I wasted another day (annoyed at myself)...I thought I was being good...I guess I'll just keep it real simple till the book comes and remember an old saying "when in doubt, leave it out!"

thanks,
stay the course,
tina
Old 08-05-2003, 07:08 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Tina, I saw the 1 teaspoon of peanut butter and decided that was the same as none! 12 pecans are a serving and I think it's the same for peanuts. Most chicks limit themselves to one serving per day.

You didn't waste the day! If you need an afterdinner snack, have a piece of low fat cheese or a ricotta dessert.
Best of luck on Day 2 - but rely on skill, not luck! This plan works!
Old 08-05-2003, 11:59 AM   #5  

thanks Ruth, I want so bad for this to work and I am determined. Even though I don't have the book and feel like I really do need it to know all the details, I will do the best I can. thanks,

stay the course,
tina
Closed Thread