Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #1  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Slow Dancing With A Stranger {9} "March Madness"

Hi Everyone
After much consideration, I have decided to start a thread for a unique group of losers.
Consider the following scenarios. If more than one apply to you, this just might be the thread you've been searching for:

This diet/lifestyle change is such a slow process for me, even losing 0.5 lbs or 1kg is a struggle.
I am frequently changing up different foods in my plan because what I ate worked last week, but it's not working this week.
One week, I ate everything on plan and gained weight, but another week I pigged out and LOST! WTH??
I've been at a plateau for so long, it's my new middle name!
I do ____ for exercise, but my body becomes used to the workout, and I am frequently having to switch up my routine to continue to see results.
I have been On Plan for so many days/weeks/months without seeing a downward scale movement, I'm ready to QUIT!

Well, before you rush right off and toss your stilettos, platforms, pumps, or boots in the closet, come have a "Slow Dance" with me! I often feel like I am a stranger in my own body, because I am constantly having to change up food and exercise and my scale still doesn't budge. This is not a challenge, but more of a daily accountability, support group, & learning experience all rolled up in one!

I will start a new thread 2 times a month (around the 1st and 15th of the month) to reflect progress, accomplishments, and/or set backs! Feel free to post food choices, exercise routines, motivational words of wisdom, or anything else you feel lead to share.

Disclaimer: If you lose weight quickly and easily and have it all figured out, this is NOT the thread for you!

So, without further adieu....
May I have this dance?
Old 03-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #2  
~Krystal~

Appropriate name for all the "issues" we have been having lately, huh!!!
I am down 1.4 of the 5 lb gain!
Downward works for me!!!

I am off until Thurs. Then, it's back to work for a couple nites.
So glad it's not tonight. There is a FULL MOON!!
Old 03-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #3  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Love the name Krystal! March madness is always fun time at our household. I don't know anything about the rankings, but always fill out my slip based on which name I like and the past 3 years I have been doing well and making my son sweat and mad

How is your lip doing Krystal? Any more swelling?

I had a great OP day...woohoo..scale stayed at 148 lbs. -- Body feels a bit tired. My Nordic Walk has upped my efforts, plus I did those lunges and legs are a bit sore.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:07 AM   #4  
~Krystal~

Kristiina: My lower lip tried to swell last week, but a quick Allegra + Prednisone 5mg knocked it right out. This is really really strange. I have NEVER had this happen before & now, all of a sudden, it's happened like 4 times since January!
Old 03-06-2012, 08:21 AM   #5  
Fat to Fab and Fit

That is wild...must be an allergy I hope your weight was down this am!
Old 03-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #6  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
I hope your weight was down this am!
Not today....
Maybe tomorrow.
I'm trying to be really patient.
If it were not all in my abdomen, I don't think I'd even have that big of an issue.
But every time I look down, all I see is a big belly! LOL I can't see my feet unless I suck in!

Last edited by K9Owner; 03-06-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/182/167 final goal 155

Krystal
Quote:
If it were not all in my abdomen, I don't think I'd even have that big of an issue.
But every time I look down, all I see is a big belly! LOL I can't see my feet unless I suck in!
haha, I know precisely what you mean, though I can see my feet, my belly is still in my way both physically, and psychologically. I don't even mind the surgery scars, just the bl**dy fat pockets there!
Hope your allergy is under control. Great choice "March Madness"

Hi alaskan, Hi Jo and all the missing

I don't know how often I'll be back here before I fly on Monday. I'm doing okay cal wise though not stellar. However, I have not weighed myself, and have decided not to before or during my Fla holiday. I don't want to grey my fun. I won't go crazy and over indulge, and I may just be able to get back to 179 lbs with all the extra walking i'll be doing!
Have a great week!

Last edited by forloveofself; 03-06-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:44 AM   #8  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

the site seems to work fine on my computer now....yesterday i upped the speed on my run...i did one mile without stopping at 5.0 instead of 4.7...then did another half mile at 5.0...i was aiming for a total of 2 miles but Just.Could.Not push out another half mile...i was bummed but i just didnt have it in me...i thought it was the new higher speed that wore me out early...turns out we're all getting sick...or perhaps the higher speed pushed my body over the edge into the virus that my kids have had...i dunno...but today ive been sick (still went to work though) and now DH is sick too

did not work out today...rested this morning because i had to work this afternoon..im feeling decent now..cooked dinner tonight, cleaned the kitchen, went to the store...but i think it's from the cold medicine...i'll sleep good tonight, see how tomorrow goes...perhaps just a nice walk on the highest incline instead of running

what struck me tonight was watching Biggest Loser...some of the girls on there weigh the same as me or less (195 and 184) and their body shapes are so completely different than mine...like my tummy is almost flat at 196 pounds and they're not...its just so weird how everyone is so different at the same weights....
Old 03-07-2012, 07:37 AM   #9  
~Krystal~

Hi Alaskan
I'm glad to see you're upping your
Sorry to hear everyone is sick!! YUCK!

Down 2.4 lbs of water this a.m.
I'm up early and going to outside, b/c there is a wind advisory from 10a-6p.
This should be interesting!!

is going to be saved until tonight.
I have a meeting today at 11a @ work. GROSS!!

Happi Hump Day Wednesday!

all around!!
Old 03-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #10  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Down another 1/2 pound: 147.5... gotta love these past TOM weeks. This week's weigh-in will feel good I am already down 2 pounds from last Friday....maybe another 1/2? Do I dare?

I am trying to fast today. -- I ate a jar of pickles (yes a JAR: I can't keep them around because I love them too much) and some olives last night right before bed and I feel swollen. -- Wonder if I had not eaten those how my weight would had been this morning I won't go the full 24 hours, because I snacked on those items around 8 pm, but I will go till 6 pm tonight.

I am VERY sore this morning. We did some side lunges (80) during our walk yesterday and using the poles add some upper body work out. -- Jo I was thinking, you should get some when you walk with your friend, because she goes a bit slower than you do, that way you would add some extra burn to your walks.

Krystal: on that water loss....feels good, I bet!!

Alaskan Nice to see you! I hope you get over your cold soon! -- About body types. I carry my weight on belly/boobs/upper body...my GF who is about same height and weight carries on hips/thighs/legs...we joke that we make one hot woman together

Deb Good idea not to worry about your weigh in... Have FUN in Florida!!!

ETA: My sodium was 7,822

Last edited by Sum38; 03-07-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:22 AM   #11  

Okay, I wrote this yesterday and forgot to submit it,
Hi girls, just checkin in, not much to report here. Just hanging out on the couch most days between my stuff I have to get done. It is killing me to not be working out. I cannot think of anything more aggravating to me at this point in the game. Grrrrrrrr. BUT, I am doing a good job maintaining. Even that kills me to write out loud, maintaining sucks when you have a lot of weight to still lose! When I look at the scale I tell myself it is for my healing butt. I am actually eating at a deficit every day, but seem to be maintaining, probably due to my spike, so I may not do that this week. Not sure it works for me without exercising???
I finally called the doctor back for an appt. While I am feeling better, I still don't feel "stable" enough to workout or do any heavy type work, so I figure I better get an x-ray to see what I am dealing with for sure. If I find out it is broken, I am doing the right thing. If it is not I will be getting off this dang couch whether it hurts or not. So the joke is on me because my Dr. is on vacation this week and I cannot get in until next Tues. That will teach me to put off what I know I should do. So I chose Tues instead of Mon in case over the next week I am feeling a whole lot better there I go again. . .
I have spent the last day or two doing a lot of research on IF. When something is brought to my attention more than 2-3 times in a couple days, I figure I should give it a look (thanks girls). I have to say, I am intrigued. I think I have a tendency to be a natural IFer and did not know it. I tend to not eat most days until between 11a-12p in the morning after my workouts and getting what needs to get done around the house. I also typically stop eating around 6p or 7p, depends on when DH gets home. If he is not home, I eat early. I am not a grazer by any means. The only thing I would need to change is my cup of coffee when I wake up because I use flavored creamer in it, so that would have to be moved to when I break the fast. I like the idea of my meals being a little bigger and still being able to keep the calories down due to the shorter window. So I have read up on Eat Stop Eat, Leangains 16/8, and fast five. I think the leangains sounds more like my natural patterns, but I wonder if this is more for gaining muscle, which I obviously cannot do right now. I like the ESE theory of missing some calories each fasting day to help with the deficit at the end of the week, but not sure I can make it 24hrs. Fast five seems like something right in the middle. What do you guys think? I don't know if it would benefit me weight loss wise any more than what I am doing now. Do you think most people go into it just because they like to eat bigger meals, or are they thinking it will help them lose weight? It still comes down to calories in/out. I am not sure I could do any of them and not count calories, but I think the goal is to not have to count anything, right?

Sum, tell me again what you are planning to do with IF.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:27 AM   #12  
Fat to Fab and Fit

When I was younger, I naturally just ate later in the afternoon and only a few meals and I was very thin. I somehow bought into this 3 meals 2 snacks theory, even tho it goes against what my body likes. I hate eating bfast, always have. And usually lunch comes too soon, and the snack in the middle just felt too much. But I followed it and did shed some weight.

I did my first, intentional, fast during my last TOM and I really liked it. I did my second fast yesterday. I did not eat for 19 hours and then I ate over 5 hour period and I really, really liked it.

So fast 5 sounds ideal for me.

It would be nice if I had a buddy Jo!

Because I liked it so much, I was planning on doing another 19 hour fast today and eat over 5 hour window.

I don't feel hungry, almost relieved that I don't have to eat that loathed bfast and I will be able to have nice large dinner later on.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #13  

Quote:
When I was younger, I naturally just ate later in the afternoon and only a few meals and I was very thin. I somehow bought into this 3 meals 2 snacks theory, even tho it goes against what my body likes. I hate eating bfast, always have. And usually lunch comes too soon, and the snack in the middle just felt too much. But I followed it and did shed some weight.

I did my first, intentional, fast during my last TOM and I really liked it. I did my second fast yesterday. I did not eat for 19 hours and then I ate over 5 hour period and I really, really liked it.

So fast 5 sounds ideal for me.

It would be nice if I had a buddy Jo!

Because I liked it so much, I was planning on doing another 19 hour fast today and eat over 5 hour window.

I don't feel hungry, almost relieved that I don't have to eat that loathed bfast and I will be able to have nice large dinner later on.
You know I am always game for switching up what I am doing! I will be your buddy for sure. I know Krystal is interested too, after her race.
I actually purposefully did not eat yesterday until noonish, and was finished by around 6:30/7:00 and that fit right into my daily schedule easily, I think reducing that to 5 hours would be easy, and I would of course be flexible if need be. I skipped my coffee again today and will see where today takes me. Maybe I will just try to push it until about 1 today and see how that goes. I would love to be able to reap the benefits of a 24 hr fast, but I think I would have to be busier than a couch potato to do it.
Are you still counting calories?
Old 03-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #14  
Fat to Fab and Fit

WooHoo! It is a new game

I think I will count calories just to make sure I am getting enough of them. I had a nice snack yesterday and very nice dinner and I was stuffed. Calories were lowish....

Looking back, ideally I would like to eat my dinner around 3:30 pm and then have something light around 6 or 7.... family always complains when I do that because they want me eating with them....I think it was part of the reason for my weight gain....looking back a few years, I naturally went till 3 or later and then ate....family was fed around 5 and out of "guilt" to have a family dinner, I ate again and got fat....hmmmmm....

So, I guess I need to inform them that I will have a snack with them, but I will follow my gut....lol...and eat earlier.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #15  

Quote:
WooHoo! It is a new game

I think I will count calories just to make sure I am getting enough of them. I had a nice snack yesterday and very nice dinner and I was stuffed. Calories were lowish....

Looking back, ideally I would like to eat my dinner around 3:30 pm and then have something light around 6 or 7.... family always complains when I do that because they want me eating with them....I think it was part of the reason for my weight gain....looking back a few years, I naturally went till 3 or later and then ate....family was fed around 5 and out of "guilt" to have a family dinner, I ate again and got fat....hmmmmm....

So, I guess I need to inform them that I will have a snack with them, but I will follow my gut....lol...and eat earlier.
I will probably still eat my larger meal when they eat on "normal" days, and on days where we have things going on, I will eat on my schedule as much as I can. So I will plan to eat "break-fast" around 1 or 2, then a small snack or meal when the kids get home around 3:30 or 4 (optional) and then dinner between 6 & 7. I will probably continue to count calories right now too. Are you planning to do any ESE/24 hour fasts? I am still considering combining ESE with Fast5. The reason I am attracted to ESE is to be able to cut some calories while I am not able to work out. With fast 5, I will still be eating the about the same amt. of calories I have been, but throwing a 24 hour in there once or twice a week would cut out some calories in a week. I know I can do it, it is just do I want to do it?
Closed Thread