South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 06:08 PM   #1  
The Walking Lady

Default Another Chick going to the Beach!

Hello Everyone. I started phase one this morning.

I was doing so well too, until.....I woke up from a snooze and just HAD to have some frosting and graham crackers. This day went right down the toilet. The good news is: The frosting and the graham crackers are now in the trash can at the curb. I will walk 1 hour tonight. And start out fresh again in the morning. I can do this.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you better.

5'2" - 48 years old
166/140/120
Old 08-04-2003, 06:34 PM   #2  

Welcome! and you're right! You CAN do this! One suggestion--empty the house of all temptations if you can - at least untill you get past the cravings in 4-6 days!
Old 08-04-2003, 06:57 PM   #3  

I am brand new to this as well. We CAN do this!

When I went grocery shopping yesterday, I brought home 2 snack foods for my husband. Raspberry Newtons and BBQ Potato Chips.

I hate them both!

No temptations for me, 'cause I am a weak girl.

Good luck with tommorrow! Keep a positive attitude.

Nikki
Old 08-04-2003, 07:03 PM   #4  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

WELCOME DREAMWEAVER!!! Where in MI do you live? I'm in Royal Oak.

Laked and Lovekitties are right...if it isn't there you can't eat it!! Be careful with nuts too. We are allowed to eat them, but a lot of us here (me included!) have had a hard time stopping at the allowed number. I don't keep those around any more either!!
Old 08-04-2003, 08:44 PM   #5  

Dreamweaver ...

Don't worry, tomorrow is another day ... the curb is the best place for temptations !!! The rest of my family insists on snack foods (chips, cookies etc) and the only time I crave any of that junk is when I get up from a nap on the weekends ... something about still being groggy must weaken our resolve!!!

Hang in there !!!!
Old 08-04-2003, 09:12 PM   #6  
The Walking Lady

Thank you so much for all the warm welcomes and tips. You are all right about getting temptations out of the house. When my DS saw me throwing out the frosting and crackers he almost had a stroke. But I explained to him that I can't have that around. And then I added, "If it's bad for me, it's bad for you too!" He agreed.

dentrassi- I live in Southwestern MI, by Kalamazoo.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:37 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Kalamazoo! I love that name!
Welcome to The Beach. You'll love it here. Don't beat yourself up over the frosting stuff - you made a great recovery. I'm glad your man agrees with you. Support is so important on any weightloss programme.
Old 08-05-2003, 02:37 AM   #8  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Angry Welcome!

Dreamweaver....welcome aboard! Glad to hear you were able to make a recovery from your slip...it is too easy to just throw in the towel when that happens, but it isn't the best thing...just keep at it!

I got braces right before I started SBD (yes, even at my age!) so I can't eat nuts. It kinda sounds like that is a GOOD thing! I have a sneaky feeling I couldn't stop at "just 15"! Just the other day I told my DH that he was going to have to hide some of the stuff that he buys for the kids! Most of it doesn't get to me at all, but some of it is worming it's way into my subconscious! Yikes!
Old 08-05-2003, 03:28 PM   #9  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Dreamweaver-Lucky You!! That is a great part of the state!!!
Closed Thread