Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 03-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

Default Crepey skin on face!

I can handle the loose skin that has and will come with my continued weightloss, however in the last few weeks, I've noticed how crepey the skin on my face has become and it freaks me out a bit. It's not sagging or wrinkled really, but when I smile, the skin on my cheeks crinkles up, very much like a balloon would when you let the air out. I keep my skin super moisturized and have for years, take super vitamins, eat plenty of healthy oils, at 30, I don't have wrinkles at all and come from a family with fantastic skin genes on all sides, so I'm hoping it will just take some adjustment on my skins part, but has anyone else had this on their face? And did it get better over time? Would wrinkle creams or some type of skin firmer help?

Note - I have this same crepey skin basically all over right now, but I can deal with it else where. As a single 30 year old, I really don't want to have my skin looking like a 90 year old. Not that I plan on stopping my weightloss efforts, but this is a bit of a concern for me.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #2  
300lbs in avatar

S/C/G: 339/287/225

Height: 5'9

I noticed the same thing on my face a few weeks ago, it's back to normal now. My doctor told me it would look better as you continue to lose. Just continue to moisturize and take your vitamins and you should be fine.
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/125

Height: 5'8.5"

Default exfoliation is key

I take a hot bath every night to sweat it out! I use rhassoul clay with non-fluoride, non-chlorine water (to make a liquidy paste). I keep adding to my face so it doesn't dry out. At the end of my bath, I use a dry face cloth to rub all the dead skin off. It keeps my skin tight, poreless and very youthful.
PamelaViktoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #4  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I'm sorry, I'm not a believer in creams and treatments to cure skin flaws and ailments. Time and genetics are the key, in my opinion. I have yet to find a woman who did half her stomach or half her face to compare what using 'stuff' does versus letting things happen with nature.

I too have some crepe-ish skin. Where my double chin used to bed (now it is baggy crepey (creepy would fit too), and my stomach, my inner elbows when I turn them a certain way, my underarms right near my armpit. And yep, it looks exactly like my grandmother's skin when she was 78 (the age she was when she died).

I pretty much hate it on my chin the most, but.... I figuring it will shrink up or it won't. Not much I can do about it but to wait and see if that skin is elastic enough to shrink back up when given enough time. Skin just shrinks up much slower than fat or muscle disappears.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

At bedtime, wash your face and apply some liquid Vitamin E with a cotton ball. In the morning after showering, try using something like Olay Regerating serum under your makeup. Works for me and I'm 55: no crepe-y skin - yet ;-)
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:01 AM   #6  

I just found this thread, yep, I have more wrinkles and laugh line and crows feet on my face than before I lost. Sometimes it bothers me, because I think it make me look older, but other times I figure, I am older.

But I do notice the crepey skin in my cheeks area, would like that to go away, I could live with the laugh line wrinkles and crows feet. But that crepey look I don't care for. (it is like the fat use to fill it in, I am not going back though!)
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:31 AM   #7  

Can't remember what magazine I read it in, but it was a piece on washing your face with almond oil, as opposed to washing with cleansers that have harsh chemicals. I got a bottle from Wal-**** (don't know if I'm allowed to mention store) for around 6 bucks and I gotta say it makes a big difference on how my face feels. I rub and massage my face with ample amount of oil (great to clean mascara) rinse gently, then pat dry. My face feels nice and supple just like that but I give it the added bonus of moisturizing afterwards.
blumoon1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

My crepey skin on my face has been looking a little better, as long as I am super diligent with my moisturizer routine. I use olive oil from head to toe every morning when I get out of the shower (which I've been doing for years because I have extremely dry, sensitive skin). I only use water and olive oil to remove my makeup then use Mary Kay extra emollient night cream, which is actually sold more as a night time hand moisturizer, but after several winters of trying every moisturizer imaginable, it's the only one that saves my skin in the winter. I think I may just need to give it time to adjust to not being stretched to it's limit every day.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote