Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 09:34 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Monday, August 4th

Good Morning !!

How was your weekend ?

Kem you back yet ??

Nothing much happening, did the usual cleaning, cooking, playing with the .

We are supposed to get rain for the next week... I mean T-storms until August 13th ?????????? whats that about. OY.

Stay cheery !!!
Old 08-04-2003, 09:57 AM   #2  

Good morning! What is it with the rain! Yesterday, we were in a super Wal-Mart in Appleton when a storm hit. The lightning, thunder and rain went on for 45 minutes! Hey, the lights even went out. Wanna see dark...be in a Wal-Mart during a blackout!

Today DH and I started the South Beach Diet! I won't be posting my meals here, but at the "On the Beach" thread on the LC board. Too lazy. I'll porbably be posting in that daily too so maybe I can help some newbies with it. The kitchen is stocked up with lots of veggies and low fat meat and cheese, so we're on our way. Tomorrow night and Wednesday DH will have some challenges because he is on the road but I gave him some suggestions. I told him to to and have a omelet with lots of veggies and preferably low fat cheese for breakfast. He can even have some turkey bacon.

Well, have a good day, everyone!
Old 08-04-2003, 10:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Chickadees!

What a wild morning I have had. Got up at 5:30 and did a 2 mile walking video. Then had my oldest son take my youngest young to band camp. They have band from 8 to 3 everyday until school starts *sigh*. Finally left my house (late) and got on the road and my car started shaking like crazy - I mean the whole car was shaking and the steering wheel and everything. Called hubby and he told me not to drive it over the bridge and it stop at our mechanics shop and he would meet me there and bring me to work. Finally got to work around 8:30 and it has been craziness around here too. Oh well, it IS Monday isn't it! ;-)

Leenie, lots of rain huh? We just have lots of heat around here, the heat index is suppose to be 105 here today.

Tippy, I am so glad to hear that you are starting the South Beach Diet today - I will check out your threads on the "on the beach" threads and see what you are doing. I looked at the book on Friday and it looks a lot like Sugar Busters to me which is very popular here in the South. I have a friend that called me screaming Saturday morning bec she has lost 40 lbs on Sugar Busters! She is doing great! She even bought me the book - what a sweetie!

Ok well these silly phone lines won't quit ringing and I can't even think, so I will check back later!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 08-04-2003, 12:53 PM   #4  

Good morning

Just checking in. I am going out on the deck to have my 2nd cup of coffee now.

See you later.

April
Old 08-04-2003, 03:21 PM   #5  

Wow I just went and checked out the "on the beach" thread - have yall been by there yet? I have never seen so many posts! I think I'm jealous! ;-)

I guess chickadees have a lot to say when they are discussing new ways of eating, and diet plans, and recipes and such. gosh its exciting to see so many posts tho

Last edited by cathyxxx; 08-04-2003 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-04-2003, 03:25 PM   #6  

Hi again

It is the long weekend here in Canada.....DH & I are having a quiet weekend at home.

DH & I bought a patio set at WalMart for DS3 & his GF today....it has a glass round table with umbrella & 4 chairs....DS3 & his GF are away until Saturday....they will be surprised when they get home & see it on their deck.

I have been struggling with WW for a long time.....I need daily support.......also more structure....in my eating.....so on Saturday I joined ediets....I have an eating & fitness program. There are menus....3 meals & a snack.....if I don't like a certain food or don't have it in the house....I can substitute another food....I feel more positive about this....I like the daily support....I have emailed the dieticians there 3 or 4 times...they are really helpful......has anyone ever tried ediets?

I have to go & have lunch now.

Tippy....hope you like the South Beach diet.

Cathy....I am glad you made it safely to work today.

Hi Leenie & Lynnie.

April

Last edited by april99; 08-04-2003 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-04-2003, 03:56 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

I'm glad everyone is finding a plan that works for them, and support. I was trying to post in to many places and it got me going crazy (hush~).

It is lightening sooo bad out, hope it stops b/4 I go home in 1/2 hr.

I think it shook our email system ? OY
Old 08-04-2003, 04:09 PM   #8  
Divine Gal

Hello Ladies...I finally have gotten a chance to come and report my weekend.It was good considering the fact I got a webcam YAY and my haircut YAY!!!

Well today I weighed myself and I have great news.I have lost another 3 lbs...At the rate I am going I will make my goal for the end of sept.My points have gone down so now I am eatting less points. Went to Costco and got fruit bowls and some rice pudding but its already measured out and everything and its lowfat.

So as u can see I am a happy camper.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:29 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

LYNNIE !!!

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2003, 08:04 PM   #10  

Ditto Lynnie!!!!

Congrats!

You go girl!!!
Old 08-05-2003, 10:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

Way to go Lynnie...I know it is sooo satisfying/gratifying to see those pounds drop off like flies!! YOU rock!

Later,
Closed Thread