Old 03-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/173/130

Height: 5'2

Default Which HNS's are not disgusting?

Okay - so I hate wasting money - but I just poured the aTomato Basil Soup hns down the drain! The chicken bouillon was awful as was te green tea and cranberry (I know those are clears). I am scared to open the creamy chicken box b/c if it is nasty I want to return it unopened.
Which ones are worth the money and does it get better if you cook with it??

Help!
Kate
MrsKatydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKatydid View Post
Okay - so I hate wasting money - but I just poured the aTomato Basil Soup hns down the drain! The chicken bouillon was awful as was te green tea and cranberry (I know those are clears). I am scared to open the creamy chicken box b/c if it is nasty I want to return it unopened.

Help!
Kate
My favorite clears are the powder Wildberry & concentrate Orange. Then what I do is add a splash of either Diet Rite Raspberry or Diet Rite Orange (respectively). It gives me my soda fix and makes them taste a little better. Not a huge fan of the creamies. I will buy the tomato basil, but use that in my MRC Chili. I hate tomato soup, but by adding in the chili powder it makes it much better.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Help!
Kate
I guess we all have different tastes.........I like the tomato basil soup doctored up. I add pureed cauliflower and a bit of parmesean cheese. But then again I also like the cicken bouillon and cream of chicken with pureed cauliflower and diced chicken. I pretty much stick to the concentrates since they are much easier to mix.

green tea & raspberry - hate it
kiwi melon - okay
grape concentrate - like it
orange concentrate - like it
wild berry concentrate - like it
pomegranate concentrate- okay
lemon (powdered)- like it
chocolate & vanilla puddings - hate them both
hot cocoa - like it
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

I think ALL the soups are terrible. It totally disappointed me know many of the recipes require them.
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #5  

Jen - I will have to try that. I went cold turky with soda and miss it!
Faerychick - I will have to try the cauliflower purée and spices -
I am hoping it will mask that chalky taste - plus I can get my cauliflower in.
Cam - that's what I was worried about. I am going to try a few recipes - here's hoping!
Thanks all!

Last edited by MrsKatydid; 03-02-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #6  

Quote:
Jen - I will have to try that. I went cold turky with soda and miss it!
Faerychick - I will have to try the cauliflower purée and spices -
I am hoping it will mask that chalky taste - plus I can get my cauliflower in.
Cam - that's what I was worried about. I am going to try a few recipes - here's hoping!
Thanks all!
If you like Chili, try that recipe. It's actually pretty good.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

I like the Tomato Basil in the Texas Chili recipe... Cream of Chicken is great (to me, at least) in the Chicken and Dumplings recipe. Not a big fan of the bouillon... but it's okay in recipes.

Pink Lemonade, Kiwi Melon (tastes similar to a sour apple), Mixed Berry Concentrate, Wildberry Passion, Soy Crisps (creamy), hot chocolate (creamy), and cappuccino are my favorites. Pink Lemonade has been my "go to" drink...
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

I agree that everyone's tastes are different. I like the Wild Berry, Kiwi Melon, and Mango the best. I also like the Tea but not as well as the others. I'm not a fan of the tomato. I have used it to cook with a couple of times just to get rid of the ones that I have in the cabinet. I also have some of the chicken boullion that I use to cook with. I generally don't like to cook with HNS's but I am not going to waste them either.
ynapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:21 PM   #9  

The only one I can stand is the Lemonade, diluted with two to three times the water it calls for. Oh yeah, and it has to have ice in it.

Chickadee
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:11 PM   #10  
Courtney

S/C/G: 222/179/160

Height: 5'7

The only ones I don't like are the Tomato Basil mix and Orange HNS. I found a Waldens "Ketchup" so hoping I can make tomato type sauces with this instead of the mix from MRC. Does everyone take the pills that they push? I am losing weight but not sure if it is because now I am exercising and eating right or also because I am taking pills (MRC 6, Cortitrim, etc). What are your thoughts on pills? I don't want to have to take this amount of pills the rest of my life (if not necessary)!
skebe17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #11  

Default Hns

I personally don't like the Chicken Boullion Soup but I do like the cream of chicken with veggies but even better than that at Diet Direct the wonderslim chicken and noodle soup. I also don't like any of the powder supplements, they seem to have an aftertaste to me. I like the concentrates of Kiwi Melon, Mixed Berry, Grape and Pomegranate. The Soy Chocolate Mini Crisps are good and the vanilla creme pudding and creamy hot chocolate are good added in with my decaf coffee but otherwise, I wouldn't eat them by themselves. At DietDirect, the ProtiDiet concentrates in tropical and kiwi melon are good and if you don't like them, you can return them. Everyone's tastes are different so just keep a list of the ones you like as you try them.
CWOMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #12  

I don't mind the cream of chicken soup or the choc pudding brownies. They satisfy a craving. I put some fat free cool whip on it the other night (15 cal) and it was good. I know it's not op, but tasty!
Old 03-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #13  

Oh yeah, I think I will try the diet direct apps after I lose a bit more. Does MrC keep track of how many supps you buy?
Old 03-07-2012, 12:05 PM   #14  

Quote:
Oh yeah, I think I will try the diet direct apps after I lose a bit more. Does MrC keep track of how many supps you buy?
Yes, they track everything you purchase on your chart.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:58 AM   #15  

I HATE the tomato supplement. I can only eat it when it's disguised with chili seasoning. So keep it for the chili recipes. I also hate the chicken bouillon. I used a no sodium, msg free chicken bouillon I found at the store. I haven't tried the cream of chicken but I bought cauliflower to make faux mashed potatoes so I am hoping it's good. I LOVE the hot cocoa. It makes the best gooey brownies when you combine it with 2 pkts splenda, 1 tsp olive oil, and 3 tsp water. Micro for 30 seconds. So good. I also drink it in decaf coffee. I rarely have it on it's own with hot water. I like most of the liquid supplements. The kiwi melon or cherry are my favorite. I drink them without water. They remind me of otter pops and satisfies my sweet cravings. The lemon I use in cottage cheese. I blend it up with splenda, vanilla, and dash of cinnamon. It reminds me of cheese cake. Sprinkle some Melba toast on it and it makes for a great breakfast. My center has a trade basket where you can bring in your least favorites and trade them out. It's handy if you want to try a flavor before buying a box or if you need one for a recipe. I think they limit us to 3 at a time? Definitely worth checking out.
NotaFatBride is offline   Reply With Quote