Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 03-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 263/255/150

Height: 5'6

Default Need some opinions on recipe.

found this on pintrest.. Would you say it's not good for someone trying to lose weight?? it looks so good and I want to try it but not if it's to fatty all around.

http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/2...chicken-rolls/
kprincess45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #2  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

I'd leave out the blue cheese dressing (not the blue cheese), and try to find whole wheat egg roll wrappers. If possible, I'd also try and use skim blue cheese (I don't eat blue cheese, so I'm not 100% sure if they make it low fat tho). Other than that, it looks good!
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 263/255/150

LOL I don't like blue cheese either. I read in the comments some ppl used Mozzarella instead. I didn't know they even made whole wheat wrappers!! yay! im excited.
kprincess45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:19 PM   #4  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Haha, well I am not positive about the whole wheat wrappers... BUT whole wheat seems to be "in" right now, so I can't see why they wouldn't be made. When looking at the calorie information provided on the website, it still doesn't look bad using all the ingredients suggested.

Also, it sounds so much better with Mozzarella. Mhmmmm!!!
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

It's not too fatty in general. It has about 75 calories per roll (not counting the oil spray) but don't forget to add calories for your blue cheese dressing if you use it as dip. If I made 12, it would be difficult to limit myself to only 1 or 2.

I make a very similar wrap that uses much more broccoli slaw, spinach, sometimes tomatoes, and a high fiber wrap. It's more filling because it's larger, but it's super satisfying for the buffalo flavor. Also, the buffalo chicken dip from skinnytaste is really good with celery.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/l...icken-dip.html
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote