Old 03-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #1  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

Question Hydroxycut/Xendarine WITH Weight Watchers?

Has anyone ever done this and seen results?
I was just curious as my coworker brought up the fact that she's doing slim fast and she's doing diet pills at the same time.
Just wondering if anyone on WW had tried this and did it work to up your losses?

(NOTE: I'm not planning on doing this. I can't afford it even if I wanted. I was just curious as to whether or not anyone has and what happened because of it?)

Last edited by tessendicott; 03-01-2012 at 11:00 PM.
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/134.8/135

Height: 5'2"

I wouldn't even consider it - none of that stuff works and it's been shown to cause potentially serious health problems. Not worth it in my book. Why not just follow WW and give it a chance to work by itself?
jessper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/ see ticker /147

Height: 5/4

I'm nobody to judge or anybody's mother but personally I wouldn't try that. It might work or might not but trying to lose weight that route to see faster results could just bring back the lbs even faster when off the pills. Just my personal opinion though
roxybabay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #4  
Pinup extraordinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessper17 View Post
Why not just follow WW and give it a chance to work by itself?
I wasn't planning on it. I've lost 40 pounds on WW so far. I realize it's a long process.
I was just curious as to whether or not anyone else had done it.
I've never done diet pills. My coworker tried to get me to do Alli with her and I told her absolutely not.
I will take green tea every once in awhile to curb my appetite though.

Last edited by tessendicott; 03-01-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #5  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

I did dexatrim for a while with WW, and it helped actually. But I can't really afford it now, and I get freaked out by the highlighter-yellow pee!

On Dr Oz, he talked about White Kidney Bean Extract, and how its good for helping your body to not absorb as much fat, and help your fat cells to let go of the fat they are storing more easily. That is something I may try.
chubbybunny29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:44 AM   #6  
Pinup extraordinaire!

I've never heard of white kidney bean extract. I'll look it up. I'm all for anything natural that will reduce the fat intake.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbybunny29 View Post
I did dexatrim for a while with WW, and it helped actually. But I can't really afford it now, and I get freaked out by the highlighter-yellow pee!
Just so you know, neon yellow pee isn't always something to be freaked out about. If you take a multivitamin or B-complex, the Riboflavin aka B2 will do that to your urine. Energy drinks do the same thing because of the B2.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/53...bright-yellow/

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Personally, I'm trying to re-learn how to eat properly, with healthier whole foods, and less toxic processed things. Yes, I need to lose the weight, but I want that to be more of a benefit of eating healthier, than the main goal. For me adding these chemicals negates the whole idea of treating your body better.
That being said, I understand wanting to do whatever you can to boost the speed and amount of weight lost. It's frustrating that it takes so long. I want so bad to wake up in the morning and be a skinny girl, and wish it was as easy as just taking a pill. But, I want to be healthy even more, and I'm willing to take slow to make that happen.
How does the green tea work? Do you just drink regular brewed green tea?
Micki k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #9  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

I have no experience with any of those and don't plan to try any. I would rather lose slow and keep it off rather than yo-yo like I have in the past
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/134.8/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessendicott View Post
I wasn't planning on it. I've lost 40 pounds on WW so far. I realize it's a long process.
I was just curious as to whether or not anyone else had done it.
I've never done diet pills. My coworker tried to get me to do Alli with her and I told her absolutely not.
I will take green tea every once in awhile to curb my appetite though.
Sorry - it was more of a rhetorical question, I guess. I am very against any sort of diet pills/ aids in general, though.
jessper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #11  
Pinup extraordinaire!

Jessper-Me too (I had a really horrible problem with them when I was a teenager. My father convinced me that at a size 6/8 I was morbidly obese and so I started buying them). She kept trying to talk me into Alli. My response was, "No thanks, I'd rather not have to wear depends because of the risk of crapping my pants"
I'm not planning on taking them at all. I was just curious as to what motivated my coworker to do slimfast AND diet pills.
Micki K-The green tea is GREAT if you want to curb your appetite. I just take green tea pills, they are in with the vitamins (they're natural and not processed) You can also drink green tea and it has the same effect. Not sure if this works on everyone or varies from person to person like most things. I find it helpful when I want to eat everything in the house.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Love it! Thanks. I'd love to have something to help keep the late night my munchies in check.
Micki k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #13  

I tried Hyxdroxycut about 3 years ago and was just counting calories back then. At first your suppose to take one before each meal and work your way up to two before a meal after three days (or so).

Well, let me tell you, I am a pretty hardy girl and not much makes me sick...but after a day in the half of that....it was awful! It was like the flu and a severe beating.

All my muscles ached and I felt like throwing up but I couldn't...I was like that for two days until I finally let it all out of my system.

Don't ever ever try it, it's baaaaaad thing.

Try green tea(not the pill). =)
SgtPepperbtls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #14  
Pinup extraordinaire!

I do take the green tea pills and they're fine for me. They reduce my appetite if I'm having a particularly "want to eat everything in sight" day!