Old 03-01-2012, 10:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/See Ticker/152

Height: 5'8"

Default Saving points until end of day?

I'm new to the points thing, so I'm hoping you can answer a question for me. My daily point allowance is 27. If I use 10 during the day and use 17 for dinner, is that okay? Or should my points always be balanced?

Any help is appreciated
Steen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #2  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Conventional wisdom says it's better to eat your biggest meals earlier in the day. I, however feel cheated if I can't have a normal meal with my family so I do exactly what you've described and it works well for me.

I plan all my dinners for the week and figure the points for each, then I fill in breakfast and lunch with the remaining points for each day. A good spreadsheet keeps it all organized
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/257/157

Height: 5'7"

I've always had dinner as my biggest meal and it's never had a negative impact on my weight loss.
PinkLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #4  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

They are your points, so you can do whatever you feel comfortable with.

For me, during the work week I have a big breakfast and a big dinner and a small lunch. Then I have a snack later after dinner. Because of my work schedule I eat dinner at about 4:30, so this is what works for me.

The weekends are totally unpredictible (and I'm off Fri, Sat, and Sun), but I'm usually eating out to dinner at least once or twice on the weekends, so I plan for a small breakfast, small lunch, and then save the bulk of my points for dinner. If I know I'm not going out to eat, I might balance the points a bit more equally among my meals. I also use AP or weeklies on the weekends, too.

It's just a matter of finding what works best for you
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #5  

Your program material has a suggestion for "spending" your points. I get 26 points and it comes out to 5 for breakfast, 8 for lunch, 10 for dinner and 3 for snacks. When you eat so lightly during the day, you are depriving your body for the fuel it needs and running the risk of overeating at night because you didn't eat enough during the day. I doubt you are getting in all the 9 GHGs the way you are dividing your points now.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

I don't divide my points "evenly".

There are days that I eat a heavy breakfast, and a very light lunch and dinner.

However, most days I actually like eating a big dinner and eating very lightly over the course of the day.

My body gets all the fuel I need. This does not impact my weight loss, and I am very capable of following the Good Health Guidelines most days.

They're your Points. We all have to make adjustments to use them as best fit our lives.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 222/ 168/ STG 160/ LTG 145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
I don't divide my points "evenly".

There are days that I eat a heavy breakfast, and a very light lunch and dinner.

However, most days I actually like eating a big dinner and eating very lightly over the course of the day.

My body gets all the fuel I need. This does not impact my weight loss, and I am very capable of following the Good Health Guidelines most days.

They're your Points. We all have to make adjustments to use them as best fit our lives.
^^^ All of this. Exactly.

Last edited by girlsenberry; 03-01-2012 at 02:00 PM.
girlsenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

I agree with Lovely, they are your points to see what works best for you. I personally feel more satisfied if i can enjoy my dinner with more points. I'm not a big breakfast or lunch person but i do like dinner and snacks
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #9  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

Just depends on what you need. I usually eat bigger dinners as well. Just depends on how hungry I am at each meal too. Spend them as you want. I've also never seen a negative impact because I eat larger dinners. I can even eat right before bed (which I try not to do, but some nights we get home late from work) but I've never had it impact me.
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/ see ticker /147

Height: 5/4

You can still eat a hearty meal for breakfast using less pts but I wouldn't skip lunch. It's good to have your three meals plus some snacks in between. You could even drink a protein shake or ww smoothie for as little as 2 pts for your lunch instead of nothing at all. Play around with your pts and food choices and just see what works for you.
roxybabay is offline   Reply With Quote