Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 02-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #1  

Question bypass failure

has anyone failed with their gastric bypass, I feel such a failure hate myself somedays. lost 40 kg gained 20kg in 1 year. Just don't have feeling of being full.
Has anyone got any advice to get me kick started. ???
elron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

elron - we're all fighting the same battle - and this means that we need to take a long, hard look at what works for us, what doesn't work for us, and what changes we need to make to get back on track. But first of all, how long ago was your surgery? and does your doc say that the surgery is still intact? has the outlet stretched?

so, let's start the conversation! for me - i'm a stress eater. are you? maybe you're a 'bored' eater? I do best if i eat regularly, but I'm also trying not to eat unless I'm hungry - and that often means that I'm not eating regularly. Haven't figured out the answer to that!

Are you eating more carbs than your body can stand? I have issues with this as well.

These are just a few thoughts - some examples of things to consider.

and then, of course, there's exercise.

someone around here - it might be Ilene - has this in her signature line: Falling down is not a failure. Failure is not getting up again.

so, as long as you keep trying, you haven't failed.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Maybe if you give us an idea of how you're eating (types of foods, quantities, etc.), we can offer some suggestions.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #4  
Releasing the inner hiker

I agree with both Jiffy and Jill...could you post a typical day? Also, have you been keeping up with your vitamins? What do you normally take a day?
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #5  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Unfortunately they fixed your stomach but not your head! Time to dig down to the root cause of why you are not able to get that full feeling.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote