General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #1  
Ted's Pants!

S/C/G: 223/223/150

Height: 5'5"

Default This is the last time we have a roommate!

In December one of DH's buddies got married while on leave. Okay cool. His wife goes to school in NY so he was going to move in with DH and I until the two of them deploy and when they get back he figured he would get his own place. Okay cool. In January, my husband and I move out of our 1 bedroom into a townhouse and spend a buttload of money doing so, but figure he'll be giving us money every month so we will be fine.

Well, his wife comes down for a visit and she insists they put in for base housing. It's a one year wait supposedly, so whatever. We only have a 6 month lease with him anyway. No big deal, right?

WRONG.

Base housing called her and they have something available now...2 months later. DH and I can't afford this place on our own. I let roomie's wife know that. She doesn't seem to give a crap. So, apparently they are moving out and leaving us screwed. I can't even call DH and let him know to talk to his friend about it because they are in the field. Awesome. So, his wife is making all of these decisions without talking to him at all and screwing us in the process. The best part? He can't drive so he will probably expect DH to pick him up at his house and bring him to work everyday once he moves. BUT that won't be happening. I will drop my husband off and pick him up if I have to in order to make sure it doesn't.

I will need the car anyway, since now I need to drop my classes and find a job so we can keep paying rent.

Awesome.

ETA: I'm sorry about the rant. I just haven't been this pissed in a long time.

Last edited by BananaMontana; 02-28-2012 at 06:24 PM.
BananaMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:28 PM   #2  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

That sucks. I hate people who pull that kind of crap on others. It's completely ridiculous that they would leave you screwed if you only have a few months on the lease with them. Do they not realize how much that messes you two up?
People are so irritating.
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #3  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

That truly sucks, but remember girl atleast you still have your dyson!
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:52 PM   #4  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Is there anyway you can find a new roommate to finish off the rest of the 4 months? You said you have classes, so I am going to guess you are near a university/college. If so, you could post around there that you are looking for a roommate. The timing would work as most kids want to go home in June anyways.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #5  
Ted's Pants!

I am about ready to clock somebody with my dyson.

This guys wife is telling me that my husband already agreed that if they pay a transfer fee for us to move into a smaller place and pay to clean the carpets it's fine. I KNOW this isn't true because he and I talked about it and he didn't want to move again. I swear I'm just going to get a plane ticket and move home then. This is so not working for me.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:54 PM   #6  
Ted's Pants!

I don't know how comfortable I feel having a stranger move in with us. I was weird enough with this guy. A complete stranger freaks me out though.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #7  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaMontana View Post
I am about ready to clock somebody with my dyson..

Dual purpose dyson, LOVE IT- you go girl!

Hope everything works out

Last edited by evilwomaniamshe; 02-29-2012 at 11:39 AM.
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #8  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

People are so inconsiderate. I'd call her out on being a liar.
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:42 AM   #9  
Ted's Pants!

Ha! Talked to my husband for ten wonderful minutes today...turns out she definitely lied about this supposed agreement made between the men and now he's pissed at our (ex)roomie. I just packed up everything from the common areas that belonged to them and put it by the back door. I told DH to let him know that he needs to put his cat into boarding when they come home this weekend because i am not taking care of her while they are in the field next week. I can't wait until he moves out now. I am so mad. On the plus side, he'll only be here maybe two weekends before he is gone.

It's too late t do anything though, because roomie's psycho wife went ahead and accepted the on base house. So that he can live in it with no furniture for a few months and then deploy, leaving the house empty for a year since she goes to school in new York. Yeah, makes perfect sense. I'm just kind of trying to play nice with her since I really don't need her gossipy bullshit dram in my life. (yes, I realize I'm gossiping now, but I feel like its different because I'm venting anonymously, where as she would try to turn people we know against me because she is a looney tune). This whole thing is causing a huge financial stress on my life

As I this whole thing isn't enough, now I apparently owe my school $2000 for last semester....this is probably a mistake, I hope. I have them looking into it so fingers crossed. If I do have to pay it then there goes the savings account, so husband and I will be even more boned. And the new phone I ordered for DH since I kind of broke his came in....and the battery doesn't work and the eBay seller is giving me **** about it. so, now I may be out $150 for a phone that doesn't work. Fabulous. On the plus side, at least if I have to buy a new battery it's only $30...I just hope the eBay seller refunds me the amount for the battery so I can move on with my life.

Boo. I hate how **** always piles up the minute my husband leaves. I haven't felt this down in a while.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:42 AM   #10  
Taste the rainbow

S/C/G: 299/241/175

Height: 5'9

If the friend agreed to pay for part of the rent for those 6 months you can take him to court to pay for it, whether he lives their or not. Good luck!
Skittlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:17 AM   #11  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaMontana View Post
And the new phone I ordered for DH since I kind of broke his came in....and the battery doesn't work and the eBay seller is giving me **** about it. so, now I may be out $150 for a phone that doesn't work. Fabulous. On the plus side, at least if I have to buy a new battery it's only $30...I just hope the eBay seller refunds me the amount for the battery so I can move on with my life.
Ok, I can't help you with much else but I'm a geek so maybe I can help you get a cheap battery for your phone at the very least. What kind of phone did you order?

Depending on the phone an older phone's battery might work in it, and if it's branded for an older phone you might be able to get it cheap (like a couple of dollars).
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #12  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

If you want to vent anon, change your profile pix if that is you.

Last thing you need is looney tune dieting and stumbling across old posts you made.

Hang in there with this! Can YOU put in for base housing? Military get to break lease without having to pay fees don't they? I could be wrong but my cousin is military and has to change all the time and she never worries about it. She says the apartments let her go without fussing because she's military. It isn't her fault she gets moved around.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-01-2012 at 10:43 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5'7

Does the dyson suck up "lost" jewelry? You could always pawn that for money....lol

That was my evil side talking...don't do it!

That doesn't mean you can't hide a cat turd in someone's shoe
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

OK. This may or may not work but....

My DH and I had a two year lease on an apartment. The first year and a half were great then things went downhill fast! By downhill I mean there was a shooting in the parking lot right outside our bedroom and it took the cops a whopping 30 minutes to show up. In addition, there was stupid loud music at all hours that kept us late and hampered job performance. It's hard to focus on fixing an F-15 when you're sleep deprived apparently.

DH talked to his master chief about it and they all agreed it was a crappy situation and we needed out before we got robbed, injured or worse. They offered to type up deployment papers to get us out of our lease even though we weren't actually leaving.

See if there's someone in the command that your DH can talk to or if he knows if this has been done before. No, it's not exactly legit but someones you do what you have to do to keep your head above water financially. I really don't think most service men and women are paid enough for what they do already but that's another rant.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:15 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

Search on internet You may get new roommate, sometimes things happen for better.you may get a better job.Something better is coming your way.
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote