General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #1  

Smile is it bad to be that weight ؟؟

hello
i weight now 120 lbs but i want to be 100lbs
but it says that under 110 or 116 is underweight
although i have a big belly and thighs like jelly with cellulie
and i'm just 120 and 5'4
is it that bad to be underweight ؟‎ what will happen to me
if i reach 100lbs
the reason of being that thin because i'm realy tired of dieting
and counting calories and being hungry all the time for almost two years
from the morning to the night i'm just thinking about calories and what will i eat

i want to live without worring about my weight
pet pet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #2  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

It sounds like you might do a lot better working on body recomposition rather than weight loss. Look into the New Rules of Lifting for Women, which has 6 months of weight lifting routines and diet suggestions. Many, many feel that they need to lose weight, when in reality they could achieve a much more "fit" look through heavy lifting. Personally, I've seen an enormous difference (you can see for yourself here).

Honestly, though, at some point you are going to have to accept your body for what it is. WE AL HAVE OUR FLAWS. Yes, even those perfect looking celebrities on TV (shoot, most of the time they're airbrushed!!!). Plus, the vast majority of things can be fixed with better fitting undergarmets. Just wearing the correct bra size can change how many women feel about their appearance (if you need help with that look here). I highly doubt that 5'4" you have a big belly. It might be larger proportionally than the rest of your body, but you know what? We all have that. Some of us carry more weight in our arms than the average person, others in our thighs. Whatever it is, it is normal to not be perfectly proportionate. Learn to dress your body you have, instead of pining over the body that doesn't exist.

Also it's important to understand that some things are just genetics (like cellulite, unfortunately). However, the BEST thing for cellulite is lifting weights, NOT becoming underweight. I'm still overweight and can tell you my cellulite has decreased dramatically with weight lifting (and I had it before when I was young too so it's not just a weight thing).
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #3  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

You mention before that you eat badly, but just make sure it is within a certain amount of calories (cheesecake and stuff like that)

No wonder you are hungry all the time! If you ate fresh vegtables and fruit with healthy meats and complex grains you wouldn't be hungry, you would get to eat a lot more and still stay within that calorie range.

I think 100 lbs is way to low for someone that is 5'4, if you don't like how your body looks then do what the above said and start weight training. That will make your body look good. I'm guessing if you don't exercise right now you might be 'skinny-fat', when you are thin but your body doesn't look great due to lack of exercise and that's probably why you don't like your body at as low of a weight as it is right now.

Just trying to be honest and to help.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #4  
YOLO

S/C/G: 156/128-130/Fit(ter)

Height: 5'7"

There's no way you'd get there without disordered eating. And that causes more hardships than where you are right now, trust me. I'm going to repeat what everyone said about muscle toning. You can REALLY change your body and you look smaller; it's incredible. I didn't believe it until I started it and it's awesome.

Last edited by Please Do Not; 02-28-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Please Do Not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:14 PM   #5  

sunflowr -runningforfat
every body want to be in the shape and perfect
it's impossoble to love my body and when i look at
the merror i see that body
and about weight training i did try it before and did
abs workingout my stomach was better but the jelly fat
still was there it means that it won't burn the fat it just
make it look better and i have to do this weight training all
my life and i don't like it i just walk alot maybe one or two hours
a day sometimes i run
Old 02-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #6  

stephanie
no i don't eat bad anymore but i'm stressful and worring
all the time that's why i feel hungry
and as i said i just walk alot and run sometimes,jumping rope,running on stairs
i just focus on burning calories

pleasedonot
yeah i know that but i just hate it
Old 02-28-2012, 11:29 PM   #7  

thank u all who respond
Old 02-29-2012, 06:27 AM   #8  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by pet pet View Post
sunflowr -runningforfat
every body want to be in the shape and perfect
and about weight training i did try it before and did
abs workingout my stomach was better but the jelly fat
still was there it means that it won't burn the fat it just
make it look better and i have to do this weight training all
my life and i don't like it i just walk alot maybe one or two hours
a day sometimes i run
pet pet

I don't think you understand what I meant by weight lifting. You can't spot reduce so doing ab workouts is not going to help. What you need to do is increase your muscle mass (in general), which will decrease your body fat percentage. Just losing more weight will make you a shrunken version of yourself but it will not increase your muscle mass, which means that losing further weight might very NEVER make you happy with your body. That's a pretty scary thought and so that's why I really encouraged you to look into weight lifting.

Seriously, go to your library and pick up the New Rules of Lifting for Women, check out the link to both my blog (and this paleo blog). In the paleo blog the lady IS THE SAME WEIGHT in her before/after pictures but her body is drastically different. Please look at it.

What you need to know about weight lifting, though is:

1. You CANNOT spot reduce. So more ab exercise does NOT mean perfect abs.
2. The best exercises use multiple muscles in your body so squats, deadlifts, rows, dumbell presses etc.
3. Lift as heavy as you can. Using small weights is not going to allow you to build up the muscles you need.
4. Try to lift 2-3x/week to build muscle. You don't have to be in the gym for hours but get in a well rounded workout of about 2-3 sets of 8-12 reps (if you feel like you can do more than that then it means that you weren't lifting enough weight and you need to increase the amount you are lifting!).

Look, walking is GREAT. If that's all someone can do, DO IT. BUT I have to admit your post sounds like you're headed in a very scary direction, one that is extremely unhealthy. But it can be completely avoided. Instead of all the self-loathing that I hear coming from you, think of how you can change. Look into weight lifting instead of dismissing it immediately. I'd also look into some counselling because, honestly, it sounds like you're depressed and this might be a bigger issue than something strangers on a message board can handle.

I DO think learning to love yourself is vital. WE ALL HAVE OUR IMPERFECTIONS. When you said :

Quote:
that's really heartbreaking. I don't have a perfect body either. I used to be very obese, I've had a kid, I nursed for 2 years so I have stretch marks, and some pudge left. BUT I've learned to love myself. My husband loves me to (and so will any partner you find that is worthwhiel). No human is flawless, you just have to throw out that notion. IT IS POSSIBLE TO LOVE YOURSELF WITH FLAWS.

There's something going on right now because it is eating disorders prevention week. It's called Body Image Warriors with a bunch of blogs talking about Body image. Check it out, some of them might help you too.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:41 AM   #9  

runningfromfat
thank you for your post you r realy caring person
but seriously i don't hate my self nor my body
i just hate what suffring i've been before cause of my body
and the weight lifting i realy hate it but i will think about it
i'll check the links later
Old 02-29-2012, 08:52 AM   #10  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by pet pet View Post
runningfromfat
thank you for your post you r realy caring person
but seriously i don't hate my self nor my body
i just hate what suffring i've been before cause of my body
and the weight lifting i realy hate it but i will think about it
i'll check the links later
I think it's great that you're listening and please do check the links because even if you don't like lifting it really can make a tremendous difference. From the way you described your body it really sounds like its what you need more than further weight loss.

Also check out the body image links they really are tremendously well written and I hope you can get something out of them.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:55 AM   #11  

hey everybody
any other openions ؟؟
Old 03-01-2012, 07:36 AM   #12  

I guess there's nothing more I can add to what's already been said, but I feel concerned after reading some of what you've said, pet pet. Your weight is perfect right now...you shouldn't lose one more pound. What worries me is that you might have a skewed perception of what you look like. How much weight have you lost? Were you overweight before? You might have body image issues, and that worries me. I agree with the strength training, you'll change your tone and strength without forcing yourself to become underweight.
monstermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #13  
SanityNow

Hi pet pet, what I would add is the suggestion that instead of the book, which is a nice book, you get a work out dvd. I find dvds more fun to follow. Check out 'The Firm'. They have some very good exercise dvds that focus on strength training. They are easy to follow. Putting on some muscle will definitely make you happier with what you are seeing in the mirror, and if you love your body, exercise is one of the best things you can do for it. Also, try Pilates, which works your middle muscles and help them get flat and sleek

Last edited by SanityNow; 03-01-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:56 AM   #14  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Honestly?

I believe people are body, mind, heart, and soul. 120 lbs at 5'4" is totally fine. So the biggest problem is not in your physical health bucket.

How's your soul health bucket? You do anything to nourish your spirit?

To me you sound at risk in your mental health bucket or emotional bucket -- those sound low to me.

It's not so much your body, but how you SEE your body in your mind (mental health bucket) and how you feel about what your see (emotional health bucket.)

If you are hungry, eat more! You do not need to starve and you also do not need to gain just from eating more if you activity supports it.

If you are wanting to tighten up, do weight training for real. All over. Not just abs. Hit the library and start learning about weight training properly.

But accept you are a woman, and are going to have a wee bit of body fat over your abs to protect your reproductive organs. What you see as "terribly jiggly" may really just be normal and your mind is blowing it up to be more than it is.

So more than working on body, spend some time working on mind and heart.

Get a hold of something like "Real Gorgeous" by Kaz Cooke and read. Make peace with yourself.

Might also start thinking about which dog/wolf you feed the most in your mind. The good dog or the bad dog? I post the story below. If you need more help in dealing with the mental/emotional side of the picture -- try to get it! There's no shame in that.

The goal is not to be a certain weight or shape but to be a well balanced, healthy person in ALL your bucket areas.

GL!
A.

------------

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.

"It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego." He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

Last edited by astrophe; 03-01-2012 at 08:56 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #15  

monstermom
i was about 140-150 but i still don't like what i look like now
i know i look ok now except my stomach and thighs
but no i'm not as you think i just don't like to be even curvy
i like to be extremly thin like stick
this is something i didn't had before

sanitynow
i do aerobic sometime ..is that works؟

astrophe
what a nice post