Old 02-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Lightbulb Free Food at the Meetings....Strange to Me!!

Hi, so i did the walk of shame back to WW 3 weeks ago. Things are going well so far which is great. But, this past week something really stuck out to me at my meeting. I'm sitting there and they gave out the pop chips as a free sample. Now for me, food is a trigger as to why I'm at ww in the first place.

I understand they give food out as a marketing tool to make money but to me it seems strange. Like, would you give out nips at an AA meeting or narcotics at a NA meeting? Food is my drug....don't give me free food!!!!!!

On another note, the guy next to me was eating SO loudly these chips i couldn't even hear the meeting

I guess my point is that i find it very distracting between the food addiction and the annoying wrappers during the meeting lol!

Anyone else feel this way?!
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #2  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

I loved getting samples at meetings, they always gave us ours at the end though. Its WW food, so it's meant to help you. It's not like they're handing you a candy bar and a bag of chips.
They do use it as a marketing tool. I liked it a lot just because I knew what it tasted like before I spent $5 on a box of granola bars, since WW foods are pretty pricey. Maybe it's just me though.
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #3  
Started IP 01/06/2014

Height: 5'7''

I agree that it is strange. I suppose it wouldn't be so much of a problem if you actually expected them to be giving out food, but I think most people watching their food intake dislike being surprised like that. I plan my days pretty carefully so I almost always turn down people that offer me things to try!
Emmcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

I agree, they should give it out at the end of the meeting. It's so annoying to listen to the chomping and crinkling of the package! I know what you mean about trying it first, as i'm not a big fan of alot of their stuff.

To me, it's not as easy as not taking what they offer. I eat it mindlessly as i'm starving after weigh in then i have to account for the points that i never would have wasted on it in the first place!! I try to bring yogurt but if it's there i tend to try it!!
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #5  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

Yeah, it would DEFINITELY irritate the heII out of me to have wrappers crinkling. People should have enough common sense to eat it after the meeting.
What they did at ours was cut up lots of granola bars and put 1 point samples on plates for the end of the meetings. It was nice because some of their stuff is icky, but some of it is great. I just don't feel like it's worth the money.
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #6  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

I never take the samples, just because I don't do the WW food products anyway. I find they're a bit too pricey for me, and to be honest, I don't think they're worth what you pay for them. If I want a cookie that badly, I'll just have a small regular cookie, you know?

I can see how people eating the samples during meetings could annoying, but then again, at our meetings, there's usually a long enough gap between weigh-in and meeting that people can eat their sample thing and it doesn't distract from anything.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote